A Bruins Jersey I'd like to see REVISED

Mitch B

I took HabsFan1's advice and I've been further developing my ideas. I'm going for a minimalist approach by taking taking away the stripes. I'm trying to draw a more abstract bear (perhaps just the head) to complete this look.

I realize that traditionalists may not like it, but sometimes traditional just looks old. While I like the Bruins home & away sweaters with the B's, I've never liked any of the team's 3rd jerseys. The current alternative is too dated for my taste and the yellow jerseys they used to wear were just horrible looking. I think the B's on the shoulders, tie the jersey to tradition.

AllBlackBLADES09.jpg

Typically, I'm not a big fan of predominantly black unis (it's so overdone these days), but if that is one of your primary colors (and always has been), I say go with it.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Even though the idea is not of your typical hockey jersey, I don't mind it at all. However, using the free-form select tool and slapping a logo on an existing jersey is frowned upon over here. But let me help you for the next time.

Now I know you said you can't draw, but you don't need a load of skills. Even beginners can create something decent. First, use this jersey instead. Then, use a program like Photofilter or something with more advanced techniques. Photofilter is just like paint, only when you resize an image, it's cleaner. If you can't download another program, just stick to paint. Finally, add some numbers/name and change a few stripes, even if it's not much just so we can see some creativity.

However, using the free-form select tool and slapping a logo on an existing jersey is frowned upon over here. But let me help you for the next time.

Thank you for offering your advice in a friendly and respectful manner. I have made note of your comments. :)

Sometimes bigger is not better, and this is one of those cases. The bear logo they have is great, but it needs to fit the front of the sweater. Go smaller instead of bigger. Also IMO adstract logos don't always work in sports logos, see the original Phoenix Coyotes logo. Besides you don't go abstract on a team with a classic look like the Bruins.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Sometimes bigger is not better, and this is one of those cases. The bear logo they have is great, but it needs to fit the front of the sweater. Go smaller instead of bigger. Also IMO adstract logos don't always work in sports logos, see the original Phoenix Coyotes logo. Besides you don't go abstract on a team with a classic look like the Bruins.

How is a bear abstract?

I think the bigger bear works when you take away the stripes.

Ultimately, I want to make the bear simpler (perhaps just the head) and more abstract. That will complete the look that I'm going for.

I don't like this at all. It looks way too boring without stripes and the B's on the shoulder would look awful in action. Also the bear is black already and you're putting it on a black jersey so i wouldn't stand out at all, the most noticeable part would be the yellow outline. Sorry I just don't like this at all.

g4104.png

1. You realize that right now there would be 4 "B" patches?

2. Here is a cleaner version of the bear logo.

3. I really don't think you can take away the stripes completely. It wouldn't look right.

4. I think the bear is too big and being black-on-black it wouldn't show up well. Maybe yellow...

Archived