CFL 2009 Changes

yoo

Blue bombers will be wearing a 1960's white retro throwback.

I believe it will look something like what they wore in the "Fog Bowl" in 1962:

bluebombesr.jpg

Posted this on the Blue Bombers Forum and this is what an Admin said:

your close, very close -

had to adapt to short sleeve jersey

Helmet is a bit different, but your on the right path.

from all the research, we found some great pictures from 1960 that captured the look.

and a lot of questions were asked why white? we did Navy last year - that's the simple honest truth.

we put the jersey with pants, helmet and socks together for the first time last week, and complete it looks sharp.

A little different that were used to as it's yellow vs gold, but history is history.

Were working on the dates with CFL to find out when we will be wearing them this year.

Nothing confrimed yet, but were hoping for two summer dates, we'll keep you posted.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Blue bombers will be wearing a 1960's white retro throwback.

I believe it will look something like what they wore in the "Fog Bowl" in 1962:

bluebombesr.jpg

Posted this on the Blue Bombers Forum and this is what an Admin said:

your close, very close -

had to adapt to short sleeve jersey

Helmet is a bit different, but your on the right path.

from all the research, we found some great pictures from 1960 that captured the look.

and a lot of questions were asked why white? we did Navy last year - that's the simple honest truth.

we put the jersey with pants, helmet and socks together for the first time last week, and complete it looks sharp.

A little different that were used to as it's yellow vs gold, but history is history.

Were working on the dates with CFL to find out when we will be wearing them this year.

Nothing confrimed yet, but were hoping for two summer dates, we'll keep you posted.

I can't understand what this says.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Hamilton will be wearing a throwback for Labour Day with yellow/goldish helmet similar to the set below.

http://www.geocities.com/cfl_historical/Ha...Ealey.Chuck.JPG

http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/English/exhi...otball_1020.jpg

Those uniforms, with the updated tiger, would rule.

Hamilton will be wearing a throwback for Labour Day with yellow/goldish helmet similar to the set below.

http://www.geocities.com/cfl_historical/Ha...Ealey.Chuck.JPG

http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/English/exhi...otball_1020.jpg

Those uniforms, with the updated tiger, would rule.

Agreed. Those are pretty sharp.

I am good friends with someone that works for the team. I have seen the mock up. It's a pretty slick looking uniform.

i'm guessing the "C" line in Calgary will have the grey cup logo on it all year

BC always pulls out an alt

would love to see some field art in BC and Hamilton,i hate blank fields, at least Montreal has an excuse (McGill)

yoo3.png

I don't know about the Stamps putting anything about the Grey Cup on there unis or on the field this year, for the jerseys it would be tough seeing every team now has 2 sponsor patches.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Besides it doesn't seem fair that the bombers get a 2nd throwback b4 the other 6 get a go!

That seems odd. The gold third from 2005 was also announced as a "throwback", although in that case it was more retro-inspired than an actual retro jersey.

I'd rather see the Bombers just use the blue 50s jerseys a couple more times instead of retiring them and switching to 60s throwbacks.

Besides it doesn't seem fair that the bombers get a 2nd throwback b4 the other 6 get a go!

It's because the Bombers have always had the best-looking jerseys in the league.

Can't argue with science.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

That seems odd. The gold third from 2005 was also announced as a "throwback", although in that case it was more retro-inspired than an actual retro jersey.

I'd rather see the Bombers just use the blue 50s jerseys a couple more times instead of retiring them and switching to 60s throwbacks.

The Gold was announced as a Alternate while the 50's jersey was a throwback.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Mark Cohon said during Grey Cup week that all teams would participate in a retro uni game in 2009. The original plan had been two teams per year but the interest (and sales, presumably) last season apparently caused them to ramp this up. I really hope the Argos go to either a mid-1960s or late-1970s style instead of that awful 1950 version they did last year.

Archived