Montreal to be rocked by massive news tomorrow?

STL FANATIC

So THAT was it? The players were just talking to a gang member? Paul Pierce does that "all the time" and you don't see the media killing him for that.

That's ridiculous. Wow. So I guess that's what it's like to be a member of the most storied team in the most hockey crazy town in North America.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's ridiculous. Wow. So I guess that's what it's like to be a member of the most storied team in the most hockey crazy town in North America.

Pretty much. It's a major reason why a lot of big name players try to avoid playing for Montreal like the plague (that and taxes).

story of day in the life of the Montreal Canadiens, when youre good, youre not as good as the teams of the 70's, when youre bad, youre a criminal.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

anyone want to translate?

uneLP.jpg

I don't speak much french, but I think it says the home show is February 19th to the 22nd at Olympic Stadium ^_^

You're welcome!

What? Leonard Cohen is not performing in Montreal? Sacre Bleu!

I saw, I came, I left.

I had a chance to have a photo-op with Sergei tonight (was at the Marlies game) but I didn't get to him in time. The kicker would have been that I'd be posing beside him in a 1991 CCCP 'Bure' jersey. I'm sure he'd have appreciated that. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I had a chance to have a photo-op with Sergei tonight (was at the Marlies game) but I didn't get to him in time. The kicker would have been that I'd be posing beside him in a 1991 CCCP 'Bure' jersey. I'm sure he'd have appreciated that. :P

Ha I was at the game too. It was possibly the sloppiest game I've ever witnessed. The skill level reminded be of Jr. A games I used to go to when I was in High School. Sergei looked like :censored: all game, but it was nice to finally see O'Byrne play well (just ask Tlusty :P )

1zqy8ok.gif

Ha I was at the game too. It was possibly the sloppiest game I've ever witnessed. The skill level reminded be of Jr. A games I used to go to when I was in High School. Sergei looked like :censored: all game, but it was nice to finally see O'Byrne play well (just ask Tlusty :P )

See the guy in the hamster ball during the first intermission? Yea, that was me. I totally won, lol. Having connections can be awesome!

BTW, Junior A has more skill. The games are SO much more entertaining to watch. Go Petes!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

See the guy in the hamster ball during the first intermission? Yea, that was me. I totally won, lol. Having connections can be awesome!

BTW, Junior A has more skill. The games are SO much more entertaining to watch. Go Petes!

Ha! What did you win? I was wondering how you could get any traction in one of those things. I mean running on ice is difficult enough, let alone with some plastic in between your feet and the ice.

Anyway yeah I love Jr. A my local team played in the OPJHL, and we made it to the Royal Bank Cup one year. That was like winning the Stanley Cup when I was like 11 or 12.

1zqy8ok.gif

Ha! What did you win? I was wondering how you could get any traction in one of those things. I mean running on ice is difficult enough, let alone with some plastic in between your feet and the ice.

Anyway yeah I love Jr. A my local team played in the OPJHL, and we made it to the Royal Bank Cup one year. That was like winning the Stanley Cup when I was like 11 or 12.

Essentially, you push the ball and run after it. Thats what I did and I ended up beating the other guy. I slipped once or twice, but because I was pushing it I was able to keep momentum. It was a lot of fun. Quite the experience, that is for sure. The fact I was wearing such a unique jersey made me a celebrity for the rest of the game. :P

I won a pair of tickets (worth $18 each) to the March 1st game against Grand Rapids. I am not sure I am able to go, so I gave them to my friend who is a huge Wings fan, so even if I can't go she can bring someone and have fun in my place.

20-02-09_1934.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

20-02-09_1934.jpg

I would recommend against uploading this photo to your match.com profile.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

anyone want to translate?

(image snipped)

Gainey quote: "We are very concerned"

Headline (white text on black background): "Links three players of CH (Club Hockey, presumably) with an alleged member of organized crime"

Subhead under Gainey quote: "Yesterday at a press conference, Canadiens general manager Bob Gainey decided to addres the revelations of La Presse concerning the relations of three Canadiens players with an alleged member of an organized crime organization that have clearly shaken the organization. The summary of a difficult couple days for the leaders of a team which is celebrating its centennial this year."

(Edited for clarity, but you get the idea.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

It's a life in a glass fishbowl existence in La Belle Province for the beloved Habs.

Look at poor Carey Price and his pictures.

You think Vinny Lecavalier or any other homegrown talent wants to come back and deal with that b.s.?

Vinny isn't young and stupid at this point, or at least I would assume so.

Hi, how are you?

It's a life in a glass fishbowl existence in La Belle Province for the beloved Habs.

You think Vinny Lecavalier or any other homegrown talent wants to come back and deal with that b.s.?

I don't know Lecavalier well enough to say, but some players enjoy the spotlight. Mats Sundin loved playing in Toronto, which has the 2nd most demanding media after Montreal. When he left Toronto, he could've gone to a "nobody cares' market, but instead chose Vancouver. Some players like the pressure, some dont (Brian McCabe :wacko: )

1zqy8ok.gif

Vinny isn't young and stupid at this point, or at least I would assume so.

Doesn't matter if he's got three cigs in his mouth at a party or just taking some dame out to eat downtown. La Presse will be ON THAT like no one's business.

Archived