NHL Trade Deadline

Linus

I see Bouwmeester or Pronger coming to Vancouver for Ohlund and a draft pick or two, but that's me. Maybe toss in Mikal (sp?) Grabner for bait too, who knows.

Serious? Going from Bouwmeester to Ohlund is a downgrade, IMO for the Panthers who are holding onto a playoff spot. I know that Jay-Bo will most likely not return next year to Florida and they should get at least something for him - but you don't wanna get ripped off, either. Trading him away for a 32 year old defenseman and a couple draft picks is a pretty big downgrade. If you were Florida, would you take Ohlund and a draft pick or two for Bouwmeester? Absolutely not.

Also, Ohlun's contract is up too, that wouldn't help at all.

The only reason Florida is thinking of trading Bouwmeester is because his contract is ending, this move wouldn't really put them ahead.

Come to think of it, why would Vancouver put themselves in that situation as well? That sounds more like a trade for the sake of a trade to me.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not a huge fan of Kabrle but I like him. Unless a package of a first rounder and some prospects are put on the table, I dont think he'll be moved.

He'll be hard to move at the deadline, no playoff contender will need him since he's on the IR for the rest of the season. I expect him to go in the offseason though.

...No he isn't. He is supposed to be back within the week after suffering a broken hand. He will only be moved before the summer if a team offers a killer package AND if that team is on his list that he would waive his no trade clause for. Otherwise, we will have to see what happens this summer when that clause disappears for a few months.

Wasn't he out 6-10 weeks? Or has he been downgraded?

Sutter will only bring Bouwmeester to Calgary if he's certain he can resign him and from what I saw during last nights PPV Game Sutter seems that he will not make a move unless a Blockbuster that works for the Flames in the long run falls in his lap I don't expect much, but that doesn't stop me from predicting some trades I hope the Flames make.

To Calgary

Jay Bouwmeester

2nd Round Pick

To Florida

Matthew Lombardi

Cory Sarich

1st Round Pick

Dumping Sarich's salary can possibly boost the chances of re-signing Mike Cammalleri and Bouwmeester also the deal works for the Panthers as well Florida needs a quick moving center and to strengthen there Defense for a long playoff run, Also teams this year if your picking 15+ in the draft you won't be as scared for letting the Draft pick go this season as in past years seeing the Draft gets weaker past 10th.

Also a minor deal of sorts a player for player deal with Phoenix

To Calgary

Derek Morris

Chad Kolarik

To Phoenix

Jim Vandermeer

Kris Chucko

This trade is more of a Pipe Dream but it's essentially Salary for Salary and Vandy is on contract for next year.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to seeing the Comrie trade as a Neil to San Jose

Kaberle to Philly

Antropov to Vancouver

Lecavalier stays in Tampa

Bouwmeester to Calgary

Pronger to the Devils

Kovalev to the Pens

Ah. The return of Kovy.

I kind of like that idea. Id prefer to see the most popular choice in Pittsburgh right now - St. Louis - but Kovy aint a bad alternative. Playing with Crosby on his old team might be the jolt he needs, and being that he played with Lemieux, he has the skill to be Crosby's linemate.

I'd take Kovie back. He's one of the few rumors that intrigue me. I'm not sold on St. Louis. Isn't it a little late though? Are they in a hurry to try to make 8th and get smoked by Boston? I'm just a frustrated fan right now.

KISSwall09.jpg

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to seeing the Comrie trade as a Neil to San Jose

Kaberle to Philly

Antropov to Vancouver

Lecavalier stays in Tampa

Bouwmeester to Calgary

Pronger to the Devils

Kovalev to the Pens

Ah. The return of Kovy.

I kind of like that idea. Id prefer to see the most popular choice in Pittsburgh right now - St. Louis - but Kovy aint a bad alternative. Playing with Crosby on his old team might be the jolt he needs, and being that he played with Lemieux, he has the skill to be Crosby's linemate.

I'd take Kovie back. He's one of the few rumors that intrigue me. I'm not sold on St. Louis. Isn't it a little late though? Are they in a hurry to try to make 8th and get smoked by Boston? I'm just a frustrated fan right now.

Which is why they're looking to get someone they can have long-term. Or at least for a season or two. Shero doesnt want to have to look for another Hossa every year.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Mats Sundin wouldn't be a Canuck if management didn't believe the team was a contender. But I also think that nothing big will happen; like you said no prospects to trade and I don't think Gillis is keen on trading draft picks. I don't see teams wanting Ohlund, he's a impending free agent only contenders and maybe Burke would want him. We could get a first round pick or prospect for Ohlund and then flip that for someone else.

It is the complete opposite. Contenders WILL want him Ohlund, thats what trade deadline is all about - adding pieces for a run at the Cup. He is a valuable player whether he stays on the team after this season or not. Burke wouldn't trade for him, he may offer him a contract when he becomes a UFA (same with the Sedins ^_^) but he would not sacrifice a pick for him. I think Ohlund could snag a second or third rounder... a first rounder for JUST him is asking a little too much.

Ya I said contenders would want him. If Burke can't swing a deal for Antropov I could see him fliping him for Ohlund. Rumors are that Gillis is interested in Antropov plus Ohlund and Burke are boys so Ohlund could very well resign with the Leafs if traded.

Mats Sundin wouldn't be a Canuck if management didn't believe the team was a contender. But I also think that nothing big will happen; like you said no prospects to trade and I don't think Gillis is keen on trading draft picks. I don't see teams wanting Ohlund, he's a impending free agent only contenders and maybe Burke would want him. We could get a first round pick or prospect for Ohlund and then flip that for someone else.

It is the complete opposite. Contenders WILL want him Ohlund, thats what trade deadline is all about - adding pieces for a run at the Cup. He is a valuable player whether he stays on the team after this season or not. Burke wouldn't trade for him, he may offer him a contract when he becomes a UFA (same with the Sedins ^_^) but he would not sacrifice a pick for him. I think Ohlund could snag a second or third rounder... a first rounder for JUST him is asking a little too much.

Ya I said contenders would want him. If Burke can't swing a deal for Antropov I could see him fliping him for Ohlund. Rumors are that Gillis is interested in Antropov plus Ohlund and Burke are boys so Ohlund could very well resign with the Leafs if traded.

Antropov for Ohlund would be one of the worst trades I've ever seen, I'd rather have Ohlund leave for nothing then have Antropov.

GCEeffm.png

Antropov for Ohlund would be one of the worst trades I've ever seen, I'd rather have Ohlund leave for nothing then have Antropov.

Well, that's just nonsense. If you're going to lose a player regardless, you owe it to yourself and to the team to try to get something for him if there's no hope that player will re-sign. Losing him outright, rather than trying to get a decent player like Antropov in return is just silly.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well, that's just nonsense. If you're going to lose a player regardless, you owe it to yourself and to the team to try to get something for him if there's no hope that player will re-sign. Losing him outright, rather than trying to get a decent player like Antropov in return is just silly.

Let me explain myself then. Right now I'm quite content with having Burrows and Kesler in the top 6. The team the Canucks have now there really isn't room for Antropov, unless the Canucks unloaded Wellwood or Pyatt for example. Who would we replace Ohlund with right now? Rob Davison? Nolan Baumgartner? In my opinion, the team would suffer in an Antropov for Ohlund swap. That's why I think it would be a bad trade. Saying I'd rather see Ohlund leave for nothing isn't quite what I wanted to say but that's how it came out.

GCEeffm.png

Caps are in need for another top defenseman and a goalie.

i think im the only Caps fan whose comfortable with Varlamov backing up Theodore going into the playoffs. you arent getting a top defenseman without mortgaging the future and the future is too bright to do that for this year. this team is too young to get impatient now and make a foolish deal, and i dont think McPhee will make a desperate, foolish move, if the right move isnt there, we will stand pat, and to be honest, im comfortable with that.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Let me explain myself then. Right now I'm quite content with having Burrows and Kesler in the top 6. The team the Canucks have now there really isn't room for Antropov, unless the Canucks unloaded Wellwood or Pyatt for example. Who would we replace Ohlund with right now? Rob Davison? Nolan Baumgartner? In my opinion, the team would suffer in an Antropov for Ohlund swap. That's why I think it would be a bad trade. Saying I'd rather see Ohlund leave for nothing isn't quite what I wanted to say but that's how it came out.

And I just wanna say that I was never in favour of a Antropov for Ohlund swap I just said it was a possibility. I agree With you Randy, Burrows and Kesler have looked good in the top 6 and there isn't a huge need for another top 6 forward. That can wait till the summer.

And I just wanna say that I was never in favour of a Antropov for Ohlund swap I just said it was a possibility. I agree With you Randy, Burrows and Kesler have looked good in the top 6 and there isn't a huge need for another top 6 forward.

YET. Next season, yes.

I do quasi-agree with you guys, though, if we move Ohlund, we better get Pronger or Bouwmeester or the like coming back the other way.

Oh, and if Ohlund is moved at the deadline, our #6 man is likely McIver. Although if Buffalo is sans Miller for any length of time, we might be able to move Sanford for Efinigenov (I killed that spelling), FA next season or not. He'd be the cure for our scoring blues.

And finally, no one will take Pyatt in a trade. End of story.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

And I just wanna say that I was never in favour of a Antropov for Ohlund swap I just said it was a possibility. I agree With you Randy, Burrows and Kesler have looked good in the top 6 and there isn't a huge need for another top 6 forward.

YET. Next season, yes.

I do quasi-agree with you guys, though, if we move Ohlund, we better get Pronger or Bouwmeester or the like coming back the other way.

Oh, and if Ohlund is moved at the deadline, our #6 man is likely McIver. Although if Buffalo is sans Miller for any length of time, we might be able to move Sanford for Efinigenov (I killed that spelling), FA next season or not. He'd be the cure for our scoring blues.

And finally, no one will take Pyatt in a trade. End of story.

I forgot about us having McIver back but, yeah I'd say it's pretty much a given that McIver would be the replacement, unless Nycholat is healthy again. If Gillis could pull off a Sanford for Afinogenov-esque deal would be great I suppose, however Sanford is a UFA at the end of the season so it might make it tough to get something to help a playoff run for him. An no, unfortunately Pyatt isn't going anywhere, but he too is a UFA at the end of the season.

GCEeffm.png

i think im the only Caps fan whose comfortable with Varlamov backing up Theodore going into the playoffs. you arent getting a top defenseman without mortgaging the future and the future is too bright to do that for this year. this team is too young to get impatient now and make a foolish deal, and i dont think McPhee will make a desperate, foolish move, if the right move isnt there, we will stand pat, and to be honest, im comfortable with that.

Isn't Varlamov injured or has he recovered? Besides, Neiverth is starting tonight so he may earn the backup spot heading into the playoffs.

On a second evaluation, this team mirrors the pre-dynastic days of the (not saying that the Caps will win 4 straight cups) Islanders by improving season upon season and gaining experience in the post season and are missing a 'final piece' (or three) to the puzzle.

However, they continue to shoot themselves in the foot by taking mindless penalties and I believe that a well-rounded defensive defenseman might ebb those inconsistencies and also provide a solid back check whenever Green wants to become a winger during his shift.

Isn't Varlamov injured or has he recovered? Besides, Neiverth is starting tonight so he may earn the backup spot heading into the playoffs.

On a second evaluation, this team mirrors the pre-dynastic days of the (not saying that the Caps will win 4 straight cups) Islanders by improving season upon season and gaining experience in the post season and are missing a 'final piece' (or three) to the puzzle.

However, they continue to shoot themselves in the foot by taking mindless penalties and I believe that a well-rounded defensive defenseman might ebb those inconsistencies and also provide a solid back check whenever Green wants to become a winger during his shift.

Varlamov is skating, hes not totally healthy, but i do agree his injuries have to be a concern. but if he gets healthy and comes back and plays well for Hershey, im fine with a platoon backup with him and Neuvirth.

the penalties are a big problem, its the only reason we dont have a top 15 PK unit. i agree with the need of a defenseman, but if we're going to mortgage the future to get him, i dont want him, not right now. not with Morrisonn and Jurcina possibly coming off the books this summer. Alzner is NHL ready right now, Carlson may need a year or 2 in Hershey, but the pipeline keeps pumping out good d prospects. alot of people are down on Jeff Schultz, im not one of those. i appreciate the way he plays defense, could he be a bit more physical? definitely, but i dont see any major holes in his game. if we got Pronger by giving up say Morrisonn, Flash, and a pick i'd do the deal in a heartbeat, but to me, Varlamov, Carlson, and Alzner are untouchables.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Varlamov is skating, hes not totally healthy, but i do agree his injuries have to be a concern. but if he gets healthy and comes back and plays well for Hershey, im fine with a platoon backup with him and Neuvirth.

the penalties are a big problem, its the only reason we dont have a top 15 PK unit. i agree with the need of a defenseman, but if we're going to mortgage the future to get him, i dont want him, not right now. not with Morrisonn and Jurcina possibly coming off the books this summer. Alzner is NHL ready right now, Carlson may need a year or 2 in Hershey, but the pipeline keeps pumping out good d prospects. alot of people are down on Jeff Schultz, im not one of those. i appreciate the way he plays defense, could he be a bit more physical? definitely, but i dont see any major holes in his game. if we got Pronger by giving up say Morrisonn, Flash, and a pick i'd do the deal in a heartbeat, but to me, Varlamov, Carlson, and Alzner are untouchables.

What about brining up Collins and/or Sloan or is that a wait till next year approach?

What about brining up Collins and/or Sloan or is that a wait till next year approach?

i dont see them as playoff performers. right now our best defensemen are in Washington, with the exception of Alzner, and it looked like even he struggled before being sent down when Poti returned. its not exactly "wait till next year" its more of, we're going to get very far with what we've got right now, we may not win the Cup, but the years not a failure if we dont win it.

what i think i missed on was the penalties, and really what needs to be done is a team leader, Fedorov, Clark (even tho hes injured), needs to step up and say something. these guys know what theyre doing is wrong, and i think what Bruce said to the Post was right, long shifts ultimately doom us. guys like the young guns need to reign in their shifts a bit, when youre tired you take bad penalties. alot of them are effort penalties tho, and you cant really fault a guy for diving at a loose puck, then the guy trips over his stick (which has been called on Semin multiple times) then he goes to the box. they just need to be smarter, and thatll come with experience.

Archived