Prototype Baltimore Orioles jersey

Gothamite

In the ticker of today's Uni Watch was this little gem, billed as "a very unusual salesman?s sample/prototype Orioles away jersey from 1996":

3330850770_1a43b7fa18_o.jpg3330014823_b40f8fd6f8_o.jpg3330850720_90b035695f.jpg

What do you guys think? I know they tweaked the wordmark around that time, but the images on Dressed to the Nines are too small for me to really see a distinction.

Personally, I love that sleeve patch (I'm a real sucker for mascot logos) - so much better than the batting bird they would later use.

I don't much care for the white outline around the wordmark (everything else pops perfectly without the need for it), but there's something about the orange piping that I really like (if only the Mets had done that, as was initially reported). Would love to see them adopt it on the current jerseys, especially since they're playing up the orange and downplaying the black.

I actually really like that, and for some reason the white outline dosn't look too bad on this uniform (but I think it would be alright without). I too, love that sleeve patch. I mean, it's just so bad ass for an Oriole. It doesn't look like a little boy like the current Oriole mascot logo swinging the bat. It looks like a mean, intimidating tiger-type of Oriole.

Pretty good, but I don't like it more than any of the hat birds they've used in the last 20some years. Would be cool for a minor league affiliate, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thats beautiful IMO. That bird is perfect for them. I'd like to see a version of the jersey with White around the numbers and names and a version without the White around the wordmark, just to keep it all the same. I know one of those would look a little better than this, and I actually like how the White looks around the wordmark. Talk about popping off the jersey. Point is, that sleeve patch is BA, and the jersey elements need to have the same outline decision made about them.

Thats beautiful IMO. That bird is perfect for them. I'd like to see a version of the jersey with White around the numbers and names and a version without the White around the wordmark, just to keep it all the same. I know one of those would look a little better than this, and I actually like how the White looks around the wordmark. Talk about popping off the jersey. Point is, that sleeve patch is BA, and the jersey elements need to have the same outline decision made about them.

I totally agree. Love the logo, and if they made all the outlining consistent this would be one of my favorite MLB jerseys.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Archived