Hardest Sport to Play?

KevinMcD

I'm gonna have to say water polo over ice hockey. First off you have NO PADS. Second you are treading water, much tougher than skating. Third, while you are treading water you are getting the snot kicked out of you. All this in a pool no less than 6 feet deep and you are forbidden to touch bottom. After that curling, I mean come on you have to sweep! :-)

You obviously have not skated before. Crossovers, pivots, starts and stops. Treading water, you either know how to do it, or you don't, and it's not a hard thing to pick up.

Ice hockey is the most purely physically demanding sport overall, for reasons already given.

That said, the quarterback position in American football has to be the single most demanding job in sports, in both physical and mental terms. It's hard to say how demanding football is overall, because the positions are so specialized and the demands vary so greatly from position to position. But a QB has to know how to attack an opposing defense, remain constantly aware of where everyone is on the field at all times during a play, keep a level head in the face of intense pressure, and he basically lives his entire life under the media's and fans' microscope. And that's just the mental part of the equation. Physically he has to be agile enough to dodge defensive linemen and linebackers bearing down on him, tough enough to take the hits when they do come, and have a throwing arm strong and accurate enough to hit a receiver on a dime many yards away.

CCSLC signature.png

Ahh... I see your quarterback and raise you a flyhalf. IMO... Flyhalf is far more demanding than any other position in sports. Not only do you play offense but you have to be able to tackle/play defense, decipher an oppsoing defense, know how to pass short and long, have endurance of a soccer player and be able to have the kicking accuracy like a placekicker and booming foot of a punter. All while being one of the smaller people on the field and you dont wear any padding.

I'm gonna have to say water polo over ice hockey. First off you have NO PADS. Second you are treading water, much tougher than skating. Third, while you are treading water you are getting the snot kicked out of you. All this in a pool no less than 6 feet deep and you are forbidden to touch bottom. After that curling, I mean come on you have to sweep! :-)

You obviously have not skated before. Crossovers, pivots, starts and stops. Treading water, you either know how to do it, or you don't, and it's not a hard thing to pick up.

You stop skating you fall down. You stop treading water you drown. Obviously you have never drown before. Oh and in hockey I do believe you spend as much time sitting on the bench as you do on the ice. Oh and how many times during a hockey game do you get kneed in the balls? Obviously you have never played water polo before.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I'm a huge hockey fan but I think the answer has to be pro football, given the sickening things that happen to guys after their careers are over--even if they only play for a few years and don't have anything singularly spectacular happen in that time like a blown knee or concussion.

Hockey is the toughest to play but absolutely nothing takes a long-term toll on the body like the NFL does.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I'd like to say Rugby, such as the International Rugby and top flight rugby leagues: national teams participating in the RS 6 Nations, Rugby World Cup, AFL, NRL, Super 14, etc. The rugby players have to be in peak physical and endurance shape to compete in said tournaments/leagues.

fixed for ya...aussie rules aint rugby. be glad I aint much of a rugby fan...cus then i'd bore ya with how league and union are so different from each other or something or other.

anyways, I'd say overall, gymnastics seems like it'd be pretty tough to get half-decent at. cus if you screw up your landing, you might break somethin, crack your head or whatnot. ya gotta be quick and precise in your movements, you gotta be in very good physical condition, and you need complete focus.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived