2009 Formula 1 Season

epper

There's a possibility that F1 is going to dismiss Lewis Hamilton from the Championship....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2357195.ece

Very interesting... So they say he made the right move, but he lied about being informed by his team to let Trulli pass him after. F1 is deliberately screwing people over. They are now monitoring conversations between drivers and pit crews to make sure they don't cheat.

If the television feed has access to the radio feeds from teams, the stewards should have access as well. I was wondering about that whole incident, because I know I saw on TV (SPEED here in the US) a Toyota run wide, and Hamilton get ahead, even though the safety car had already been brought out.

Does this mean Trulli's penalty stands? or does he get his third place finish back since Hamilton was technically the one who passed under yellow?

Trulli was reinstated as third place in the Australian GP.

Another case of F1 screwing things up though. Really does come across as quite an amateurish organisation sometimes.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the thing about hamilton's penalty though, is that with the new system for determining the champ, its not going to affect him at all for the driver's title. all he lost was 6 pts in the race for 2nd place in the championship (and i guess constructors,too) . now if it would have been a race win taken away, it would be another story.

Not true. They withheld that change stipulating that it was to be done too close to the start of the season. That and also all pilots telling F1 management that it was a bull :censored: change.

However it'll be like that in 2010.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

If the television feed has access to the radio feeds from teams, the stewards should have access as well. I was wondering about that whole incident, because I know I saw on TV (SPEED here in the US) a Toyota run wide, and Hamilton get ahead, even though the safety car had already been brought out.

Does this mean Trulli's penalty stands? or does he get his third place finish back since Hamilton was technically the one who passed under yellow?

Some teams encrypt their radio communications though, I know Ferrari does, and FOM doesnt broadcast it for that reason.

So far this season is showing some genuine potential. The new areo designs make the cars look like hell but so be it.

I will say one thing, these opening season pacific rim races kill me, I thought staying up last week to watch Australia was rough come Sunday morning tonight is going to be rougher still, and then China in two weeks.

Some teams encrypt their radio communications though, I know Ferrari does, and FOM doesnt broadcast it for that reason.

So far this season is showing some genuine potential. The new areo designs make the cars look like hell but so be it.

I will say one thing, these opening season pacific rim races kill me, I thought staying up last week to watch Australia was rough come Sunday morning tonight is going to be rougher still, and then China in two weeks.

You have "Speed" so you missed the show Inside Grand Prix, which they stated that every team has to have communication with the FIA.

The cars look much more like the cars in the 1980's and early 1990's where they were smaller, lighter (and more technically advanced) versions of IndyCars. I think they look great, but the team salary cap for 2010 is not good IMHO. April 14 is the day in which this season wil be a farce or not. Remember not every team has the different diffuser or the 'push to pass'. Toyota never has such speed as a factor team before, so the ruling body may allow them to be OK as they need their money as a factory team.

Actually speed does show Inside Grand Prix, I just rarely ever watch it. My biggest problem with the new aero rules this year is the rear wing. I can live with the new standardized front wing but the new tower rear one just looks bad.

The front wing is far to wide and the rear one is too high up and too narrow. The proportions of them throw off the look of the whole package. The first release shots of the cars look great from overhead, but from the front or 3/4 view they are undeniably hideous. :cursing:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

f1-2009-mal-xp-0779.jpg

Another week, another win for Button and Brawn....well, kinda. The race was stopped just after 1/2 way because of torrential downpour in Malaysia. All of the top 8 score 1/2 the amount of points of a full race. Heidfeld puts his BMW in 2nd, with Timo Glock's Toyota in 3rd.

So Button now leads the standings with 15 pts, over teammate Barichello in 2nd (10) and Trulli in 3rd with an unusual 8.5 points.

Once again, NO points for the Ferraris! The only other team to not score any points through 2 rounds is Force India! LOVES IT.

Its amazing how well Brawn are doing so far this year. Finally Button seems to have a car that his talent deserves! Very interesting that so far this year, its very much unheralded teams who are doing pretty well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Actually speed does show Inside Grand Prix, I just rarely ever watch it. My biggest problem with the new aero rules this year is the rear wing. I can live with the new standardized front wing but the new tower rear one just looks bad.

The front wing is far to wide and the rear one is too high up and too narrow. The proportions of them throw off the look of the whole package. The first release shots of the cars look great from overhead, but from the front or 3/4 view they are undeniably hideous. :cursing:

I've heard the description "street sweeper" thrown about and I thought it was pretty accurate. It'll take awhile for me to get used to this look.

I've seen bits and pieces of todays race and then watched last week's race. So far its been a pretty entertaining season and doesn't hurt that Toyota has managed to get podiums in both races. Now if only Kimi can start doing better.

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

I've heard the description "street sweeper" thrown about and I thought it was pretty accurate. It'll take awhile for me to get used to this look.

I've seen bits and pieces of todays race and then watched last week's race. So far its been a pretty entertaining season and doesn't hurt that Toyota has managed to get podiums in both races. Now if only Kimi can start doing better.

The car has a "vacuum cleaner" look to it, with that huge wing out front of the wheels.

I'm glad to see Ferarri out of the points again, and Hamilton only with 1 point. I love parody, and this season seems to be providing it. Too bad the race had to stopped, but racing in a tropical storm doesn't make sense.

The car has a "vacuum cleaner" look to it, with that huge wing out front of the wheels.

I'm glad to see Ferarri out of the points again, and Hamilton only with 1 point. I love parody, and this season seems to be providing it. Too bad the race had to stopped, but racing in a tropical storm doesn't make sense.

As much as I like Kimi, it is fun to watch mighty Ferrari out of the points. I'm hoping that BMW can pick up another win soon.

I have to say, no matter how out of proportion the font wings look on the cars, the new rules have made them as racy as they've been for 30 years. The deck has really been shuffled and the season is off to a very entertaining start.

Hopefully the half points from this race won't come back to haunt someone at the end of the year.

Too bad there's no race closer that England this year... :wacko:

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Tell me about it... :mad: I attended the USGP as often as I could. When it left, at least there was still the option of Montreal. Now...nothing... They gotta fix that.

On the bright side, at least I can plan on going back to the Indy 500 again.

Tell me about it... :mad: I attended the USGP as often as I could. When it left, at least there was still the option of Montreal. Now...nothing... They gotta fix that.

On the bright side, at least I can plan on going back to the Indy 500 again.

In short, I think the issue was always that American motorsport always made the US a difficult market for F1, and when they started to expand eastward there was always going to be pressure on the US GP as well as the Canadian GP. Personally I think its a pity that there isn't 1 race in North America at least, but I don't think F1 is likely to return any time soon.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think it's really odd that the car makers don't demand a race in the US market. I guess they don't have as much control over where they race. Also, the demands on the tracks to meet F1's demands, such as the pit and garage complex required to fit their format, are completely foreign to tracks in the USA. It's just impossible for a place like Road America to have to construct an entirely new pit road to meet the needs of one race that historically doesn't return to your track long enough to begin to justify the cost and the risk.

I wonder if the often dismissed Jenson Button is now the toast of the town in England, where they love to build you up so they can tear you down like no other place I know.

HansonsSig.jpg

I think it's really odd that the car makers don't demand a race in the US market. I guess they don't have as much control over where they race. Also, the demands on the tracks to meet F1's demands, such as the pit and garage complex required to fit their format, are completely foreign to tracks in the USA. It's just impossible for a place like Road America to have to construct an entirely new pit road to meet the needs of one race that historically doesn't return to your track long enough to begin to justify the cost and the risk.

I wonder if the often dismissed Jenson Button is now the toast of the town in England, where they love to build you up so they can tear you down like no other place I know.

The car makers in F1 are not ones that especially care about America, either because the market is constant, or because the US market is so hard to get a foothold into. From what I know, only Toyota maybe would have any interest in the US market at the moment. Laguna Seca might be a fun F1 venue, with cars racing round the corkscrew and all, but it isn't going to happen.

I think in some ways, as far as being torn down, Button has been pretty lucky that Lewis Hamilton came into F1 when he did. It meant Button could have a couple of difficult years in bad cars without really copping too much negativity in the UK. But I don't think, at least yet, he captures the public's imagination in the way Hamilton has done in the past couple of years. Though I do think it great that Button can show his talent in a good car again.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The teams are apparently leaning on Bernie pretty hard to get a race back in North America, and preferably the States by 2011. Bernie is apparently open to this as long as F1 doesnt race in Indy, and as long as that is Bernie's stance then a race in the States is going to be a long way off. I think F1's best hope of an American return, frankly, is Eccelstones death at this point, and or the divestiture of the assets where F1 is operated more like a genuine league instead of run by the sports 'owner'.

The car makers in F1 are not ones that especially care about America, either because the market is constant, or because the US market is so hard to get a foothold into. From what I know, only Toyota maybe would have any interest in the US market at the moment. Laguna Seca might be a fun F1 venue, with cars racing round the corkscrew and all, but it isn't going to happen.

I think in some ways, as far as being torn down, Button has been pretty lucky that Lewis Hamilton came into F1 when he did. It meant Button could have a couple of difficult years in bad cars without really copping too much negativity in the UK. But I don't think, at least yet, he captures the public's imagination in the way Hamilton has done in the past couple of years. Though I do think it great that Button can show his talent in a good car again.

As far as the 2009 title race tomorrow (Tuesday) is the day of decision as the ruling on the diffuser will determine the season. The three teams which have it cannot change fast enough (especially the financially strapped Braun) if they lose as they were stating in Melbourne that a change would take six months. Regardless of the ruling, this year will be seen as a farce.

You are correct in that because no US based car maker is currently in F1, it is not that big a deal. the broadcast rights could be more valuable. They could still fo to Canada, a driver favorite, or back to Mexico City if they would like.

I've been to Mazda Raceway in Laguna for the past three Moto GPs and I am not sure if they could now handle and F1 attendance. I have had the honor to go around it and it is tight. People will flock as it is a 90 minute drive from SF, so it is an international destination. Going down on Saturdays was OK, but Sundays were rough and we leave San Jose at 8 AM. Infineon in Sonoma cannot have it as the track is a lesser track.

Archived