Las Vegas Aces

ebonin

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty cool concept, I like how the logo looks like a poker chip.

Also, not sure if you were aware that the dbacks new triple A team is the Reno Aces (formerly the tucson sidewinders)

Aces_II.PNG

RenoAcesLogo.PNG

Yeah, when I heard about it I was like, "No way, I had that idea first!" So, I'm gonna try to make mine as different as possible.

I'm working on the scripts and the logo and hope to have an update soon.

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

Here's an updated with vegas gold added.

lasvegasaceslogo7.png

Better? Worse? Something I should add?

You should run the LAS VEGAS together at the top, instead of having it separated by the club. It's lopsided.

I thought about that, but my idea was to have the other three suits seperating the three words in the team name. However, I do agree that it still looks a little lopsided; I'll try to fix that.

Btw, I fixed up the script a little.

lasvegasacesscript3.png

I got the diamond idea from the Expos script that used the same idea.

I also have a couple of cap logos for you to check out.

lasvegasacescaplogo1.png

Here's an updated primary with a font and a few othr changes.

lasvegasaceslogo8.png

Does anybody have an idea for a secondary logo? I'd kinda like to keep the playing cards intact in some respect, but if I see a better idea I could run with it.

My opinion is the deck of cards or single spade is way too predicatable for a team named the Aces. Someone should take a shot at a nice concept package for the Las Vegas Aces and use a World War One Flying Ace as the main logo. You know with the leather helmet and goggles. You could incorporate an Ace of Spades on his helmet or lapel etc....

If I was talented enough I would do this myself for the fun of it. A few more years of playing around with a couple of these programs and maybe I'll be confident enough in the stuff I do to post some.

My opinion is the deck of cards or single spade is way too predicatable for a team named the Aces. Someone should take a shot at a nice concept package for the Las Vegas Aces and use a World War One Flying Ace as the main logo. You know with the leather helmet and goggles. You could incorporate an Ace of Spades on his helmet or lapel etc....

If I was talented enough I would do this myself for the fun of it. A few more years of playing around with a couple of these programs and maybe I'll be confident enough in the stuff I do to post some.

yeah, he's got a good point there. it would be a complete flip of what you wanted to do, but that's unique to play on the word and make it something different. And yeah you could still put the playing cards/suite icons in the logo somewhere...

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good idea and could be executed well. However, I just think that the idea seems a little minor-leagueish. I wanted to portray a look that would be strong and bold like a lot of baseball logos are, and I think the spade is a solid symbol and would be an easy way to identify them.

I however would be very interested in seeing someone try this.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good idea and could be executed well. However, I just think that the idea seems a little minor-leagueish. I wanted to portray a look that would be strong and bold like a lot of baseball logos are, and I think the spade is a solid symbol and would be an easy way to identify them.

In my humble opinion any team that starts with "Las Vegas" is always going to sound like Minor League, because the major leagues would have to go through every even remotely possible location before they would place a team in Vegas. It would mostly be perception, but they would have a tough battle convincing people that the whole Vegas betting scene wouldn't interfere.

More important...... Wow, the teams in that Eastern Professional Hockey League need some help with their Logo's. The Brooklyn Aces is actually nice, but the "Rockhoppers"? really?

And four teams in the NY/NJ area in what they call a professional league has the official blessings of the NHL? I should start a league here in Western NY. Put teams in West Seneca, Amherst, Tonawanda and Hamburg and see if the NHL will put a link on their page under "affiliates"

In my humble opinion any team that starts with "Las Vegas" is always going to sound like Minor League, because the major leagues would have to go through every even remotely possible location before they would place a team in Vegas. It would mostly be perception, but they would have a tough battle convincing people that the whole Vegas betting scene wouldn't interfere.

More important...... Wow, the teams in that Eastern Professional Hockey League need some help with their Logo's. The Brooklyn Aces is actually nice, but the "Rockhoppers"? really?

And four teams in the NY/NJ area in what they call a professional league has the official blessings of the NHL? I should start a league here in Western NY. Put teams in West Seneca, Amherst, Tonawanda and Hamburg and see if the NHL will put a link on their page under "affiliates"

Haha wow are you right about that league. The "Mad Hatters" really takes the cake for me.

I've been thinking about it, and have come to the conclusion that the "Flying Aces" idea could work really well for my secondary if I combine it with the playing cards. I'll see what I can come up with.

EDIT - This could also help with eRay's idea to have more "going on" in the set, since it seems kind of stagnant so far.

The diamond in the scripts don't work. They work for Montreal due to the fact that it has an accent. I don't like the fact that the Las Vegas is off centered. Otherwise, I like the gold and the idea.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

I like what you've done. But I think you had something perfect when you made the ball white with red stitching. I think adding the vegas gold and the white patches on the edge of the poker chip have made the logo a lot busier than it really needs to be. The logo before that showed that the team played baseball, and I could identify the city they were playing in...even without "Las Vegas" on the chip.

gYH2mW9.png

I like what you've done. But I think you had something perfect when you made the ball white with red stitching. I think adding the vegas gold and the white patches on the edge of the poker chip have made the logo a lot busier than it really needs to be. The logo before that showed that the team played baseball, and I could identify the city they were playing in...even without "Las Vegas" on the chip.

I agree with you. I was looking at the logo today and also decided that it was getting a little too busy. I think I'm going to take off the white patches and the red inner circle becuase I don't think they're necessary.

I'm also trying to think of a good way to put the plane into the secondary.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived