MLB Hockey

BJBerthiaume

I know you are a good ways into these, but I can't help but notice that a few of these still have baseball elements within the logos. Its just something that has bugged me and is the first thing I see when you use them.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay here are the Reds. I wasn't scared to go modern for the Reds, and I wanted to utilize black because it really can make this set pop. Fairly simple design for the third jersey. That's about it, so here it is!

Enjoy! C&C please. Requests are welcome.

CincinnatiRedshockey.png

This set looks pretty good. A cool modern design for the Reds works IMO. The alternate is awesome! I love the logo you used and the simple design. Great job!

I know you are a good ways into these, but I can't help but notice that a few of these still have baseball elements within the logos. Its just something that has bugged me and is the first thing I see when you use them.

Yeah, I know that could be a problem. The reason I don't want to change is because hockey pucks are much harder to resemble than baseballs, especially when they are just a black circle. Also, I am not super great at editing logos, and I want to leave them the way they are.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long hiatus, but I'm back. Here are the Cubs to start it back up, but I don't really have much to say about the design. I'm not 100% sold on it, but maybe you guys could give me some suggestions as to how to make it better. The Cubs were a tough team to do.

Diamondbacks next.

Enjoooooy! C&C.

ChicagoCubshockey.png

Sorry for the long hiatus, but I'm back. Here are the Cubs to start it back up, but I don't really have much to say about the design. I'm not 100% sold on it, but maybe you guys could give me some suggestions as to how to make it better. The Cubs were a tough team to do.

Diamondbacks next.

Enjoooooy! C&C.

ChicagoCubshockey.png

I'm not much of a hockey fan, but I do like the jerseys you've came up with. Being a Cubs fan, you gotta have the pinstripes! Nice job It'd be nice to see the alt logo on the home as well

Okay, I'm really excited to get this DBacks concept out here and see what you guys think. The DBacks were an easy team to be creative with, and I don't think it hurt to go modern, and I even went a bit TATC-ish with the alternate. The home and away were obviously inspired by the Thrashers jersey, and the reason I did it was I didn't want a diamond overload, and it helps make the set unique. I tried to have the colors of the diamonds on the jersey match the colors of the diamonds on the crest, so that is the explaination of the color choice. I knew I wanted to take the team name literal when I made the alt, but I wasn't sure how to do it. I eventually got it pretty good, I thought. It is a bit TATCish as I mentioned, but it still looks pretty good I think.

Enjoy! Any requests? C&C.

ArizonaDiamondbackshockey.png

Okay, I'm really excited to get this DBacks concept out here and see what you guys think. The DBacks were an easy team to be creative with, and I don't think it hurt to go modern, and I even went a bit TATC-ish with the alternate. The home and away were obviously inspired by the Thrashers jersey, and the reason I did it was I didn't want a diamond overload, and it helps make the set unique. I tried to have the colors of the diamonds on the jersey match the colors of the diamonds on the crest, so that is the explaination of the color choice. I knew I wanted to take the team name literal when I made the alt, but I wasn't sure how to do it. I eventually got it pretty good, I thought. It is a bit TATCish as I mentioned, but it still looks pretty good I think.

Enjoy! Any requests? C&C.

ArizonaDiamondbackshockey.png

Looks a bit awkward. Interesting, nonetheless

D'Backs: nailed it! Great job with the diamond design. The home and away are perfect. Cool idea to model them after the Thrashers home jersey. The alternate is awesome! I love the design on the sleeves. That is cool. The design on the back is great. Very neat idea. I love it! A little out there, but it looks pretty cool. Great overall job on the DBacks!

D'Backs: nailed it! Great job with the diamond design. The home and away are perfect. Cool idea to model them after the Thrashers home jersey. The alternate is awesome! I love the design on the sleeves. That is cool. The design on the back is great. Very neat idea. I love it! A little out there, but it looks pretty cool. Great overall job on the DBacks!

We must be looking at different things, because I am of the belief it's the weakest concept he's done yet. While the Diamondback pattern is cutesy, it would be better off as trim not a large design element.

We must be looking at different things, because I am of the belief it's the weakest concept he's done yet. While the Diamondback pattern is cutesy, it would be better off as trim not a large design element.

Are you talking about the primaries, the alt, or both? I guess I will do an update after I get back in town. I will for sure make the diamond patterns more subtle, but is there anything in particular that is bad about the diamonds? Too big? Need an ourtine? Completely new design?

Thanks a ton for the C&C so far everyone, I will probably get a DBacks update sometime next week, and then hopefully the Rockies a couple days later.

Are you talking about the primaries, the alt, or both? I guess I will do an update after I get back in town. I will for sure make the diamond patterns more subtle, but is there anything in particular that is bad about the diamonds? Too big? Need an ourtine? Completely new design?

Thanks a ton for the C&C so far everyone, I will probably get a DBacks update sometime next week, and then hopefully the Rockies a couple days later.

The alt is probably the worst offender.

But, why would you go with a single sleeve design for them and not, say, the Braves to match the in-town team that does that? Also, the choice of it seems to go against everything else you've done, which to me, is trying to keep the design as close to the MLB design as possible. So when, where and why you decided to include large diamondback pattern seems very off-the-reservation for you there.

I don't know, I think maybe what you did for Cincinnati would have worked just as well for the Diamondbacks, then as an Alt, brought back their purple and teal look for throwbacks sake.

But, why would you go with a single sleeve design for them and not, say, the Braves to match the in-town team that does that? Also, the choice of it seems to go against everything else you've done, which to me, is trying to keep the design as close to the MLB design as possible. So when, where and why you decided to include large diamondback pattern seems very off-the-reservation for you there.

I don't know, I think maybe what you did for Cincinnati would have worked just as well for the Diamondbacks, then as an Alt, brought back their purple and teal look for throwbacks sake.

Okay, I get what you are saying, and you are right. I took logo elements rather than identity elements here. The purple alt is a great idea, and I was thinking to do that with the alt, but determined it would be weird to make a throwback alt for just the DBacks and no other team instead of a regular alt. (The Blue Jays have both BTW.) If the purple alt is a good idea, though, then I will for sure make one. Thanks for letting me know! I will have an update next week that connects more.

Okay, I get what you are saying, and you are right. I took logo elements rather than identity elements here. The purple alt is a great idea, and I was thinking to do that with the alt, but determined it would be weird to make a throwback alt for just the DBacks and no other team instead of a regular alt. (The Blue Jays have both BTW.) If the purple alt is a good idea, though, then I will for sure make one. Thanks for letting me know! I will have an update next week that connects more.

Appreciate hearing me out.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the DBacks update finally! I have a very subtle diamond design that will only look like diamonds when the jersey is actually being worn, but the design makes it look like the diamonds are unintentional, which is how they are supposed to look. It is basically just a modern design that I feel works well for the DBacks. Also, the away jersey is now sand because I thought it looked better than white. I tried to do two things with the throwback alt. 1. I tried to make it look like the primaries had updated designs from the throwback, and 2. I tried to make the throwback look like a early 2000s jersey with the standard shoulder yolk and pretty standard designs.

Enjoy! Rockies are next I believe. C&C please.

ArizonaDiamondbackshockey2.png

Archived