MLB Hockey

BJBerthiaume

The Brewers look really good. As for the whole series you need to change up the collar not every team should have the lace-up collar, try using some of the other more unique collars that the Edge template has now. Also as a details note maybe throw the MLB logo on instead of the NHL logo. Can't wait to see the rest

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers look really good. As for the whole series you need to change up the collar not every team should have the lace-up collar, try using some of the other more unique collars that the Edge template has now. Also as a details note maybe throw the MLB logo on instead of the NHL logo. Can't wait to see the rest

The collars have been a mistake so far, I must admit. I have been using solid collars for the most part, but I do have a couple sets with different collars. I do, however, love the laced collars, so I am going to keep using those, but I can guarantee you, there will be some non-solid collars.

Thanks for the C&C so far everybody! I might even have the Twins up by tonight if I get this much C&C on the Brewers.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

BJB, I see you saved your best set for my request! MAJOR KUDOS BRO!

CAN'T WAIT to see the Twins one (though they're our interleague rivals, I do have a LOT of respect for them). I've always thought the "TC" would look good on a hockey jersey, and it looks like I'll be proven right again! (it's the Midwest version of the Yankees' "NY")

bYhYmxh.png

Okay, so here are the Twins. I did try to spice up the collar on this one. I also utilized the hat logos and put them on the jerseys. I also applied the TC to the home jersey, and the M to the road jersey, just like the hats. I didn't make an alternate, but I may make one later on using the logo with the state border and the two guys shaking hands across the river.

Enjoy! C&C would be greatly appreciated.

MinnesotaTwinshockey.png

I have enjoyed this series so far, but I would like to see a full uniform (with helmets, pants, and socks) instead of just sweaters.

I couldn't find a template with all four in the paint templates thread unless I accidentally skipped over it, so I'm going to keep using this one with just sweaters until another pops up.

I have enjoyed this series so far, but I would like to see a full uniform (with helmets, pants, and socks) instead of just sweaters.

I couldn't find a template with all four in the paint templates thread unless I accidentally skipped over it, so I'm going to keep using this one with just sweaters until another pops up.

Take the pants and socks from another template.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

LOVE it!

The only problem is, I think the "M" should be dumped entirely and have the "TC" be the full-time image. Other than that, sweeeet!

bYhYmxh.png

Looks good. I like the off-white jersey. The only thing I would consider doing different is to change the numbers on the black jersey so they are easier to read. Nice job.

It literally took me like half an hour to decide on the numbers. I tried orange and off white as well, but decided against it for two reasons: 1. It translates to their alternate uniforms, 2. It provides consistency matching the black script on the front of the jersey.

Thanks for the C&C, keep it comin'! Pirates next, then Cardinals.

Here are the Pirates. I was thining for a long time on what design to use for the Pirates. I was thinking modern typed striping for the longest time. I was about to go with jagged edged striping, and I somehow thought of the pillbox hat design. I figured it was a good way to go. The pillbox design didn't look good on the aways, so I used a completely different desing. As for the alternate, I wanted it to be exactly like the hats, so I shrunk the P down a lot so it would fit between the top line and the bottom line. I think it has a retro feel to it, and to spice it up a little, I added the number to the chest.

C&C please, and enjoy! St. Louis Cardinals next!!!

PittsburghPirateshockey.png

I like the road sweater for the most part (the piping under the arm pits is a little odd, but ok). But the home sweater is kind of funky-looking. The striping on the front just doesn't look right to me. For the Pirates' alternate, I think it might actually be better to have a large P so we know where the stripes are coming from (the points on the 'P' logo). I've always felt that the red should never have made it into the Pirates' jerseys, but then again I'm a traditionalist.

I dunno, I give you a C+ on the Pirates.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

I like the road sweater for the most part (the piping under the arm pits is a little odd, but ok). But the home sweater is kind of funky-looking. The striping on the front just doesn't look right to me. For the Pirates' alternate, I think it might actually be better to have a large P so we know where the stripes are coming from (the points on the 'P' logo). I've always felt that the red should never have made it into the Pirates' jerseys, but then again I'm a traditionalist.

Thanks for the C&C. I struggled to decide whether I should make P large or small, and I decided with small. I will probably post an update with a large P to see how it looks.

What could I do to make the home less odd? Should I move the chest stripes down to the waist? Would that look better?

I'm not feelin the Pirates concept. The red on the home looks bad. I understand the idea behind the striping design, but it dosn't look that great on the black jersey, at least with that logo. It might look better with the P logo on the black jersey. On the yellow, I would use the bigger P. Not too bad. A few simple updates and this will look great. Nice job.

Thanks for the C&C. I struggled to decide whether I should make P large or small, and I decided with small. I will probably post an update with a large P to see how it looks.

What could I do to make the home less odd? Should I move the chest stripes down to the waist? Would that look better?

My biggest problem with the middle striping is that it looks so much like the old, old Penguins alternate http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...emieux_2001.jpg

If you move the striping to the bottom (and thus make it smaller), then you eliminate the continuity that them and the sleeve striping has. If you don't it looks awkward. I feel you pain. I would also try taking some red out of this. The Pirates were never meant to have red. It was the old management (who just weren't "baseball people") that stuck that in there.

The city of Pittsburgh prides itself on blue collar stuff and keeping things simple, so I think you maybe want to have that in your design. What you have right now for the Pirates is decent, but not the best. It has tremendous upside. I would play around with the striping patterns on the black sweater and maybe try to make it more consistent with the white sweater. The alternate really just needs that "P" logo's size changed. In my opinion, the three separated stripes work best on the alternate. I would change the home to make it look less busy (there's stripes, numbers and logos all right next to each other). The away will probably need the most work. It's probably not a good idea to use the pillbox design on this because yellow or black stripes won't work well here. Just play around with it and see where it leads you.

On a more positive note, your Giants sweater is SO cool. I would definitely own one of those if the MLB/NHL made those.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

Archived