Toronto BLUE Jays Complete Rebranding

logocruncher

* * * UPDATED * * *

From the overwhelming "Yes" I got on my last update, I've decided to go ahead and put the updated unis up!

WHAT HAS CHANGED:

New colors

New fonts

Eliminated chest piping on road alt

Added BP and Canada Day jerseys

So, here goes! Enjoy, and please give C&C! Hope y'all like it...

New Primary Logo

New Secondary Logo

New Home Wordmark

New Road Wordmark

New Home Primary Uniform

New Home Alternate Uniform

New Road Primary Uniform

New Road Alternate Uniform

Special Canada Day Uniform

Batting Practice Uniform

* * * OLD VERSION * * *

Alright everybody...it's time for a Toronto BLUE Jays redesign. Putting the emphasis on BLUE. I can't stand their inexplicable need to add more and more black into their current unis. Sure, some artistic license is allowed, but it's like making the White Sox wear black socks. Oh, wait... Anyways, I've decided to completely redo their look. The new logo is supposed to combine their old logo (or at least the bird part) with a new twist. There's almost no zero (just in the bill of the jay) and the basic look is pretty simple with an emphasis on silver. Hope you enjoy! Just click on the underlined words, and C&C is welcome and appreciated...

Primary Logo (I'll probably add an alternate later)

Primary Home Uniform

Alternate Home Uniform

Primary Road Uniform

Alternate Road Uniform

I'll be adding a BP and throwback jersey later. I'd like to thank Bucco for his uniform template...Enjoy!

scotland_fifasig.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say it because your concepts are usually very clean for sketch drawings, but this one is VERY sloppy.

If you are going to continue to post sketches in the future, I would prefer that they are extremely neat and clean because there are many computer generated concepts that are much more worthy than concepts like this.

I hate to say it because your concepts are usually very clean for sketch drawings, but this one is VERY sloppy.

If you are going to continue to post sketches in the future, I would prefer that they are extremely neat and clean because there are many computer generated concepts that are much more worthy than concepts like this.

Your one to talk ^_^ .

Anyways as for the concept, I can see where this is going and I like it. I like seeing the blue again and very creative and different compare to other concepts ya see with the Jays. Maybe someone can help ya clean it up , because I would like to see in a vector format.

Once again great concept.

4kv29i.jpg

Okay patsox. It's sloppy, I can see that. What exactly is sloppy about them? Are the lines not precise, or are the wordmarks inaccurate? It's kind of hard to properly execute on a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper with Pentel Extra Bold markers. Is there anything wrong with the design itself? Is the logo good? That's kind of more what I'm looking for, having done a complete redesign rather than a brief jaunt with the fill tool.

And Davey, thank you for the C&C. I'm a freshman in HS with, shall we say, limited funds, so getting real design software is kind of beyond my means. If someone could vectorize it, that would be awesome. I'm sure it'd look much more professional, which patsox would appreciate.

scotland_fifasig.png

Love the logo, great job on that.

Home alternate us fantastic, it reminds me of there jerseys before they switched to the crap they wear now. I like the design of the home jersey but Im not a fan of the font, I understand you did it by hand but Im not liking the look of it. I love the font they used on there current road jersey, Id love for them to have a white jersey with "Blue Jays" on it in the same font.

I like the road alt. as well, but not a fan of the primary road.

Nice work.

beLEAF

Okay patsox. It's sloppy, I can see that. What exactly is sloppy about them? Are the lines not precise, or are the wordmarks inaccurate? It's kind of hard to properly execute on a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper with Pentel Extra Bold markers. Is there anything wrong with the design itself? Is the logo good? That's kind of more what I'm looking for, having done a complete redesign rather than a brief jaunt with the fill tool.

And Davey, thank you for the C&C. I'm a freshman in HS with, shall we say, limited funds, so getting real design software is kind of beyond my means. If someone could vectorize it, that would be awesome. I'm sure it'd look much more professional, which patsox would appreciate.

I'm not going to go through and pinpoint all of your mistakes (I'm just not like that). However, i will suggest downloading PAINT.NET. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use and your results will be fantastic. AND IT'S FREE!

Thanks for the suggestion, patsox. But, I'm one of the few people on here who uses a Mac, and paint.net doesn't work for Macs. So, I've downloaded the 30-day trial for Illustrator but that will take forever to learn, so...for now markers and paper will have to do.

scotland_fifasig.png

I think its a good concept, don't worry about the drawings they get your idea across and are not sloppy.

and hey at least you don't have concepts like this:

Marlins "concept"

Thanks for the suggestion, patsox. But, I'm one of the few people on here who uses a Mac, and paint.net doesn't work for Macs. So, I've downloaded the 30-day trial for Illustrator but that will take forever to learn, so...for now markers and paper will have to do.

Illustrator in 30 days

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Illustrator in 30 days

[Mr. Burns] excellent [/Mr. Burns]

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After the trial, use Inkscape, man. I really can't wait for scotty to do the first Illustrator video so I can get to work on an Inkscape one. There are so many people here who could use it so well, I want to help people as much as I can. I was a freshman too when I started using Inkscape, btw.

Until then, keep the pen and paper coming! :D I will keep this brief, but so far I like it all except the alternate road. The think white stripe in the center just looks out of place to me. I think it should stay solid. Keep it going.

It looks good, I like where you're going. I think you should slide down the front numbers on the home alternate, though. They should be a half-step below the logo, or else it will look strange.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Illustrator in 30 days

My new favorite site!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I like the simplification of these uniforms and the logo (the bird's head) is actually quite outstanding. I am a huge proponent of letters-only cap logos, so I'm not 100% sold on putting the blue jay on there with the T, but I also find the letter T to be the hardest letter to work with. (Whenever I try to figure out some way to stylize a T to make it look like a cap logo for example, it always comes out looking very jakey. That also sucks, considering it's the first letter of my name! ^_^ )

I also like the simple, traditionalish uniforms. I'm not a fan of vests, so I'm not thrilled with the home alt. The away alt screams "ROYALS" to me. Maybe there's something(s) you could do to distinguish it? Is your blue straight royal? Or would you consider using the blue the Jays have now? I think it's a nice shade of blue that's not navy, royal, dodger or columbia/powder blue, and that could really help distinguish this idea from any other MLB team.

Also, GBM, are you a open-source guy all around when it comes to software? (i.e. Do you use GIMP and OpenOffice and Linux as well as Inkscape?) I have quite a bit of respect for the stance you take on Inkscape.

logocruncher,

First of all, don't hate on the White Sox. Secondly, I really like what you've got started here. The colors are very nice. It's great to see a Jays concept that puts emphasis on blue, but without using dark blue and light blue. I think I've seen 500 Jays concepts that use some variation of that color combo. I think the blue and silver looks fantastic together. And the uniforms are very nice as well--simple, but distinctive.

The logo idea is fine, but I think it needs some refinement. First, the eye needs work. It's very thin and with the pupil he looks like he's lost his glasses and is squinting, trying to read the center field scoreboard. Also, all of the elements are separated by white, and to me it makes it look like they aren't really coming together. Look at the old school logo you posted: Some of the elements are connected or 'tuck into' the negative space formed by others. I think it helps bring the logo together. Maybe look at doing some of that.

But all in all, it's a very nice start. Great job.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

you've gotta be kidding me.

you've gotta be kidding me.

I am not kidding at all. But this thread ISN'T about me, it's about logocruncher and his concept. If you've got an issue with me, take it to PM. Thanks.

Eh.

I'm abivalent about the logo. The bird is fine, but it doesn't wow me or anything. I think it might be that it's really vertical at the bottom and really horizontal at the top. Also, superimposing it over a "T" just isn't working for me. There's no flow between the two elements.

The uniforms are pretty standard, but have one glaring mistake. Either use the collar piping and end it around the neck or shift the piping around the neck down and add it to both sides of the placket. As is, it's off-balance.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

MarkerMan, I love your concepts. I think patsox is just jealous because he can't draw that well. :P But seriously, this concept hits the spot. I hate the black for the Jays, I'm glad you removed it. I really like your primary road and homes too, they look fantastic. The alternate home seems a little cluttered, but could work if the numbers were smaller maybe. Good job.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Archived