New Mississippi State Uniforms Revealed

amacomo

I also find it funny that most of the people that said Michigan and Arkansas jersey updates were a downgrade are saying that MSU\'s are an upgrade.

It just explains how bad MSU's previous uniforms really were. Yes there's a lot of piping and similarities with other schools, but anything is better than the 'plain' uniforms worn the past 5 years. I can understand 'plain' looking great on schools like Alabama, Michigan, Tennessee, etc. But MSU is not one of those schools, so something other than 'plain' was necessary!

SignatureCCSL.png

That's a very low-rent looking block number font.

That was my initial thought. The numerals look off.

EDIT: I just looked at all the photos. Are they on Spring Break? Where is everyone? I see the bookstore in the background, so they were on center campus, but man, they picked the wrong time of the day.

I also find it funny that most of the people that said Michigan and Arkansas jersey updates were a downgrade are saying that MSU\'s are an upgrade.

It just explains how bad MSU's previous uniforms really were. Yes there's a lot of piping and similarities with other schools, but anything is better than the 'plain' uniforms worn the past 5 years. I can understand 'plain' looking great on schools like Alabama, Michigan, Tennessee, etc. But MSU is not one of those schools, so something other than 'plain' was necessary!

Exactly. Mississippi State was in desperate need of something other than 'plain.' It's not better than the end-of-Sherrill-era uniforms, but it's close.

Actually, Adidas has been going with the smaller letters on the new-age jerseys. Also, the Central Michigan jerseys are made by New Balance, not Under Armour.

Also, it looks like the move to go with Champion block over pro block was deliberate. If you look at some of the photos provided in the link, you can see the numbers on the back of the helmets in Champion block.

It is certainly not Champion block... the 7s are different. It's pretty darn close though. It's kind of like if Champion font and Dolphins font banged and had a kid.

It almost looks like an updated version of the Champion font that ACO (the primary maker of uniforms for Adidas) created. It looks narrowed and modified.

That number font makes me want to barf.

Adidas needs to stick to jerseys for the other football. They keep going with manufacturers who spew out crap like this. It's like if Nike kept making crazy templates, only kept the same crappy quality of 10 years ago.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

• 1 month later...
I know they aren\'t exact but they still have the tusks on the side, same as Michigan, which I think is actually closer than Arkansas

page0_blog_entry1068_2.jpg

2736109750_e5112b2d6f.jpg

Honestly, they all look the same to me. I also find it funny that most of the people that said Michigan and Arkansas jersey updates were a downgrade are saying that MSU\'s are an upgrade.

Put me in the minority that thinks Michigan, Arkansas and Miss. State are all downgrades. Not a fan of the senseless piping.

30c0x3l.jpg

hwl8x3.jpg

I like the silver inserts on the bottom of the leg on the home jersey. That's definitely unique.

I definitely like the home better than the away. The away actually looked better in a darkly lit room. I don't like the piping near the numbers on the away. They definitely took a bit of a chance on these uniforms.

But hey, it's still an upgrade over Alabama knockoffs (IMO). Seriously, take the sleeve numbers off and put numbers on the old helmets and MSU was basically Alabama in maroon. At least this gives them a since of uniqueness.

The maroon helmets are back (although I did like the white ones), and for the first time ever, the helmets will have maroon facemasks to go with the maroon helmets (When the Dogs had maroon helmets they either had gray or white facemasks).

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Archived