CRK's MLB Redesign Thread

crkraider22

I took a little break from my wallpaper creations to clear the cobwebs. I could possibly turn this into a series depending on feedback/personal creativity. If I do make this into a series, I will be getting rid of all grey jerseys and use a white home, colored away, and a jersey that could possibly be worn at home and on the road (think AHL third jerseys).

Tampa Bay Rays

-Returned to sleeveless home from "Devil" era

-Removed devil ray patch in favor on sunburst

-Tampa Bay script on road jersey

-Alternate based loosely on Royals/Blue Jays alternates

-Colorado Avalanche numbers and font (might switch to beveled font or standard block)

RaysV1copy.png

RaysActionV1.png

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

-I love the sleeveless look for the home uniforms.

-I think the dark 'Tampa Bay' jersey looks great too.

-The alternate looks like the kind of jersey that you would find in the store but not on the field. That doesn't mean it was a bad job. It still looks pretty cool.

-On the alternate hat, I would try making the 'TB' dark blue so it will show up better and match the wordmark on the jersey.

Great job!

This is a well done concept, but here's what I would like to see; First off I think you should put the devil ray patch back over the sun ray, rays fans like the devil ray. On the road I would use the Rays script over the Tampa Bay one. Although I like the idea of it saying Tampa Bay, the Rays script just looks much nicer IMO. Also I think the Av's numbers have got to go, try something that closer relates to the woodmark on the front. I don't know how I feel about the alternate, kinda looks like pajamas with the all sky blue look. Otherwise, great job, a nice clean concept.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

I like the concept

here are some suggestions

-need grey uniform

-the powder blue alts do not look right

-make the blue road jersey the alt and change the script from tampa bay to Rays

- change the numerals back to block

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I like the concept

-need grey uniform

Ya i agree with all of these suggestions. I don't like the Avs font because everytime I see it I think of the Avs, its unique to them, so I would try to find or make a font that fits the rays better

I think this is a fantastic idea to use colored unis on the road, this is something I have often considered doing. I'm really liking this concept for the Rays, the sleeveless home looks great IMO. So do the powder blue alts. The only thing, on the roadies, the to blues are different on the front and back.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

i am not a fan of vests, but these arent that bad. the sleeves look a little long, but i'm sure that is just the way your template looks. anyway, I love the road Tampa Bay script. excellent! i'd dump the multicolored sleeves, unless i am again misinterpreting the template. i'd also return the ray (animal). on the alt cap make the TB navy. i'm not so sure about the colored alt pants, but again this is still pretty solid. i'd like to see more from you, join many of us and do a full MLB redesign series

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

-I love the sleeveless look for the home uniforms.

-I think the dark 'Tampa Bay' jersey looks great too.

-The alternate looks like the kind of jersey that you would find in the store but not on the field. That doesn't mean it was a bad job. It still looks pretty cool.

-On the alternate hat, I would try making the 'TB' dark blue so it will show up better and match the wordmark on the jersey.

Great job!

I see what you are saying with the alternate and will probabily change that to sleeveless to lessen the light blue but still be decent. I will also take a look at the TB colors as well.

This is a well done concept, but here's what I would like to see; First off I think you should put the devil ray patch back over the sun ray, rays fans like the devil ray. On the road I would use the Rays script over the Tampa Bay one. Although I like the idea of it saying Tampa Bay, the Rays script just looks much nicer IMO. Also I think the Av's numbers have got to go, try something that closer relates to the woodmark on the front. I don't know how I feel about the alternate, kinda looks like pajamas with the all sky blue look. Otherwise, great job, a nice clean concept.

I believe in "you play for the name on the front, not the back" thing. With that being said, as a player I would feel more inspired playing for a city on the front than a team nickname. I am going to go back and experiment with different fonts and either a dark blue or white pants for the alternate.

I like the concept

-need grey uniform

The whole idea I had was eliminating grey, thats my big goal for these. I understand this might not be that popular but I haven't seen that many concepts that didn't include a grey jersey.

I think this is a fantastic idea to use colored unis on the road, this is something I have often considered doing. I'm really liking this concept for the Rays, the sleeveless home looks great IMO. So do the powder blue alts. The only thing, on the roadies, the to blues are different on the front and back.

I thought they were, but when I was working on these I had little sleep. A slip up on my part and I will have it fixed in the update. :rolleyes:

i am not a fan of vests, but these arent that bad. the sleeves look a little long, but i'm sure that is just the way your template looks. anyway, I love the road Tampa Bay script. excellent! i'd dump the multicolored sleeves, unless i am again misinterpreting the template. i'd also return the ray (animal). on the alt cap make the TB navy. i'm not so sure about the colored alt pants, but again this is still pretty solid. i'd like to see more from you, join many of us and do a full MLB redesign series

The sleeves are from the template, and from what I haved noticed this year some teams have them on under sleeved jerseys (see Pittsburgh Pirates) and that why I included them in my template here. You are correct on the multi colored sleeves thought and that part of the alternate will be re-done. The main reason I dropped the devil ray patch is because the teams is now the Rays and I wanted to disconnect this identity from previous years.

I am going to update the Rays and should have it up in a day or two. After the update, I will move on to the Padres and still tweak the Rays as more C&C is given. Thanks to everyone that has spoken so far.

The home is perfect, you nailed that one.

The away should, I hate to say it, say Rays on the front. Tampa Bay doesn't look good. Also, shouldn't the pants be gray?

The alt is not that good. I'm all for a light blue alt, but I don't think it should be sleeveless. Maybe it would look better on the field, but not on paper.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I would keep the Devil Ray patch on the sleeves as opposed to the glint, which looks silly on the shoulder. Also if Tampa Bay is going to be on the road unis, the wordmark should probably be arched. Or if that looks silly, maybe just having the TB hat design over the heart of the road unis. Other than that it looks great, and the home uni is simply perfect. I can't wait to see what you do with the Padres.

I think you nailed the number style in the update. However I think the look of the team is incomplete without the devil ray. The only other suggestion I have is to make the alternate hat dark blue with a light blue brim.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

San Diego Padres

-Classic, One of a kind color combination

-Current "sand" color used as an accent color

-Pinstripe Home set (circa 1985)

-Brown Away (Keep idea of dark away jersey alive)

-Classic hat, I do realize I did a similar type for the Rays, there won't be one for every team

-Sand Alternate unifrom based off of current away set

-Modified block font for Home and away scripts and hats

PadresV1.png

I am planning on doing another update of the Rays either tonight after the Pens game or sometine tomorrow. Following that update and a Padres update based on C&C, I think I will work on the Rangers.

well i like that u went back to the brown and yellow, but i think you could have done better with the wordmark...

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

The brown and yellow color scheme has been done to death on these boards, but I still love it and I think that you executed this pretty well. The two-toned hats look good in this case, but what I don't like is the block font and I think you should use their current one. My only gripe about the "sand" alternate is that that color is featured nowhere else in the home or roads. Overall, good job, I am looking forward to more from you in this series.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived