Coney Island Whitefish- Naba

Lee.

Here it is...it's a little rough, and a little bland at this point...but I think it captures things pretty well for what I'm aiming for so far (VERY retro...discrim, hide your eyes). I needs a little cleaning up here & there, but like the header says, it's a first draft.

Open to suggestions, critique, yadda yadda yadda.

whitefish.gif

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I kind of have to laugh--not in derision, just in the comic silliness of it all--

A good start--I like the font--it fits where this seems to be going...

and as promised in an ealrier post--it is family friendly--or however you worded it.

My main suggestion would be to make either a bit less cartoony--or go the other way, and make it much more cartoony...

Maybe have the fish flex his muscles a bit...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Ain't he the cutest thing! :wub:

It's good to see that the NABA is going to be the best dressed league in Creamersports. B) I'd say to put some powder blue shadowing into it, but, IMO, it would take away from the integrity of this logo and what it's bringing across. The only real advice I have would be to integrate the lips into the fish more. They seem more in front of Fishy than a part of him. Can't wait to see the unis.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

:D YUM!! Where's the tartar sauce?! ALL the zany insoucience of REN & STIMPY's "Muddy Mudskipper" character! Bravo Osilver! Any Brooklyn NBA concepts should be this much fun. Fun mascots & nicknames DON'T have to imply "minor league". Enough pontificating, let's eat!! :wacko:

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

That's really nice, for inspiration, go to your nearest Barnes & Noble or Borders and look for a book called 'Meet Mr. Product' - its filled with great illustrations and cartoons and ads from the 50s and 60s, some of which could serve as direct inspiration for ways to improve the logo.

Great start!!

I like this logo but I'd also like another color incorporated into the design.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Yeah, colour would be good. That, and maybe curving the lower text.

Oh, and the fish kinda looks like a chicken drumstick. Not a criticism, just an observation. ^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

OK

I've tried to not act like a Newbie but I have to ask... What is the NABA? I'm assuming it is a make believe basketball league. I'm also not sure if you guys, not from the NY area know that a Coney Island Whitefish is a floating "used rubber". I can't believe anyone would actually name their team that. Please tell me the jokes on me. :therock:

OK

I've tried to not act like a Newbie but I have to ask... What is the NABA? I'm assuming it is a make believe basketball league. I'm also not sure if you guys, not from the NY area know that a Coney Island Whitefish is a floating "used rubber". I can't believe anyone would actually name their team that. Please tell me the jokes on me. :therock:

You know, I just had this discussion not long ago with Stampman. ANALYZING IT REMOVES THE COMEDY FROM THE TEAM NAME.

Take it for what it is, and run with it. Now go away.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived