Marlins and Braves wear Dark Alternate

JayJaxon

Horrible all around. The Marlins should just darken their teal to a Jaguars/Sharks sort of teal so they won't have to be so ashamed of wearing it. Enough with the silver and black already.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Scheduling miscommunication? Or was this intentional?

In baseball I guess you can get away with it, since it's kind of easy to figure out who the baserunners are, and who your own teammates are, but in any other sport this wouldn't fly at all.

I really hate this! Is it too hard to have some communication so both teams don't look the same. True, in baseball it is not as big a deal as in other sports, but why were there ever road and home uni's to begin with if it didn't matter? Especially now that every team has at least 3 looks, there is no way this should happen. It's just so little league.

If the Rockies had come to town and wanted to wear their black alternate, they would not be allowed to because it's the same color as the Marlins set. But since Atlanta's jersey is dark blue, they can. That is a deep blue color though and really is close enough to where they should just wear the regular road uniform. But maybe they think the same thing I do. The solid blue cap doesn't work with the regular road uniform. I do notice them wearing that blue uniform a lot more this year. :)

Watching the game, it wasn't too hard to tell who was who. The pants made it really obvious, and the navy compared to black were different enough.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Watching the game, it wasn't too hard to tell who was who. The pants made it really obvious, and the navy compared to black were different enough.

This is on the Braves' equipment manager. MLB told all the teams last year not to wear similar color jerseys in the same game. Home teams get first-choice. I think it was the A's equipment manager who gave some fluff piece interview about it last season and went on about how they intentionally tried to push it by wearing the dark greens against a black-clad team. I guess they try to get away with it by saying, "Well, it's not THE SAME, so it's OK!"

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

If the Rockies had come to town and wanted to wear their black alternate, they would not be allowed to because it's the same color as the Marlins set. But since Atlanta's jersey is dark blue, they can. That is a deep blue color though and really is close enough to where they should just wear the regular road uniform. But maybe they think the same thing I do. The solid blue cap doesn't work with the regular road uniform. I do notice them wearing that blue uniform a lot more this year. :)

The Braves have basically become the Astros; they've probably worn their grey jersey once, and it was so that they wouldn't clash with the Pirates in their black alternates...which probably means that this was a communication error.

Horrible all around. The Marlins should just darken their teal to a Jaguars/Sharks sort of teal so they won't have to be so ashamed of wearing it. Enough with the silver and black already.

No, the Marlins' aqua is perfect. Their original uniforms were beautiful. Even after they switched to the black hats full time, they still looked great. No need to change the color, but yes to eliminating the silver and marginalizing the black.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Oh, I liked the aqua too, but if they feel it's too much of a 1990s relic to be worn, then a darker teal could be a compromise.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived