St.Louis Blues

chickenfish13

OK, I'm back with a concept I have been working on for a while. It is a redesign of the St.Louis Blues.

Logos: The logos arent entirely new, but they have new and mixed elements. I love the blues trumpet logo, and so I brought it back, updated it, and gave it the new colors. The secondary is just the current logo, with a different color scheme, and a white accent. I hope you like these.

Here it goes, I hope you like, and if you think its brutal, just C & C it.

Logo Sheet:Update secondary.

blues.png

UPDATE: Jerseys updated. Swooshes near neck match sleeves, shoulder yokes are just themselves, and base is one color.Update Numbers. Hope you like.

bluejerseys.png

The yellow outlines on the jerseys are really distracting... I'm not sure what is supposed to be piping, and what's supposed to be border. Your new logo is nowhere near as iconic as the music note, and shouldn't be on the home and aways... on the alternate sure, but not the main jerseys.

Overall, though, the jerseys look like a mismatch of random pieces of colour on the jerseys... there is no real flow or matching. For example, on the home, the ends of the sleeves are the same colour, but a different colour than the side panels. On the away, the end of the sleeves match the side panels but not the shoulders. For the alternate, the sleeves don't match either the shoulders or the side panels, but the side panels and shoulders match each other. It doesn't make any logical sense.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

that logo got way to much going on with it. the trumpet logo works fine by itself with out all that unnecessary stuff around it.

What has too much going on in it? I didnt change much of the inside stuff, its pretty much the same as the original. I'm not trying to be defensive, i'm just wondering.

The yellow outlines on the jerseys are really distracting... I'm not sure what is supposed to be piping, and what's supposed to be border. Your new logo is nowhere near as iconic as the music note, and shouldn't be on the home and aways... on the alternate sure, but not the main jerseys.

Overall, though, the jerseys look like a mismatch of random pieces of colour on the jerseys... there is no real flow or matching. For example, on the home, the ends of the sleeves are the same colour, but a different colour than the side panels. On the away, the end of the sleeves match the side panels but not the shoulders. For the alternate, the sleeves don't match either the shoulders or the side panels, but the side panels and shoulders match each other. It doesn't make any logical sense.

OK, I have deleted the jerseys, and am working on new ones right now. I am not great at designing jerseys, I dont do it often. With the logo, I was just trying to do something different. It wont ever be as iconic as the current logo, but I just wanted to do something new.

Although I really like their current "musical note" logo, I think that the trumpet works very well. That logo is not busy at all IMO, but like aci said, it isn't as iconic as the current one.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Although I really like their current "musical note" logo, I think that the trumpet works very well. That logo is not busy at all IMO, but like aci said, it isn't as iconic as the current one.

Thanks cab. I knew going into designing I could not create something that could be as iconic as their current logo. Like I've said, just doing something different.

Here is some advice towards the jerseys you are going to design...

First, use only 2 main colors. On the ones above, there are large areas colored in Blue, Navy, and white. Choose only 2 of those colors. I did not mention Yellow because it was used for trimming only, but that should be transfered onto your next jersey.

Finally, your jersey stripes need more "flow" to it. You've got curvy stripes on the shoulders and lower arms, which make the straight semi side panels look out of place. You need to create some sort of curvage down there to try to get rid of those something-is-missing type feelings.

I hope I've helped.

Not bad. The primary logo is actually pretty good. The white detail at the bottom of the secondary note is unnecessary. The jerseys are decent, although you are just filling in the template, but they still look allright, I'm not sure why the overall outline is yellow though, and it has a little too much piping for me (which stems from filling in the template I guess). I don't like the number font. It looks like either an upside down 2 or an 8. And I'm not sure why the shoulders numbers are white on the navy jersey. That just wouldn't show up.

Ya, I did just kind of fill in the template :D I'm new to designing jerseys, so I just did that. I will post revisions later. And thanks for saying their decent, coming from you that is a huge compliment. ( Just saying that I think you are good at designing jerseys.)

OK, I'm back with a concept I have been working on for a while. It is a redesign of the St.Louis Blues.

Logos: The logos arent entirely new, but they have new and mixed elements. I love the blues trumpet logo, and so I brought it back, updated it, and gave it the new colors. The secondary is just the current logo, with a different color scheme, and a white accent. I hope you like these.

Here it goes, I hope you like, and if you think its brutal, just C & C it.

Logo Sheet:Update secondary.

blues.png

UPDATE: Jerseys updated. Swooshes near neck match sleeves, shoulder yokes are just themselves, and base is one color.Update Numbers. Hope you like.

bluejerseys.png

I suppose both the logos and jerseys are ok, but i'm not entirely sure about the concept. I dont no if a trumpet is the way to go.

glossysig5.png

You may want to play with the line weights a little bit. Maybe give some elements of the logo a thicker border to add a little more depth. Also, check the original horn logo and adjust yours. The back end of your handle is a little wonky. This will be a nice piece with a few adjustments.

Archived