The Clink Room

Brandiose

Or consider this: What would be a dream come true for you guys?

Jason & Casey

Guys,

I'm not an artist in any sense of the word (I've said jokingly from time to time that I'm closer to "autistic" than "artistic"), but here's a dream come true - one which I think would be extremely beneficial for Plan B's business.

Put together a focus group of people from the CCSLC. An Algonquin roundtable of sports logos of sorts. Designers, guys who fall into the target demos for buying sports merchandise (men 18-34, presumably), guys like me who understand marketing and what moves stuff off the shelves.

Get that group involved in each project from the get-go. If your project involves a team's renaming, let the group give feedback as to what name options would be good and which ones wouldn't. If it involves a straight rebranding (no name change), the group could suggest ideas - the designers of the bunch offering their expertise, the rest of us offering our constructive criticism. The designers can focus on "this should be PMS 289 and not PMS 287," while the target demo group could provide basic feedback along the lines of "I'd buy that!," and guys like me could provide general feedback as to why we think the project would/wouldn't succeed in generating new sales - which as we all (should) know, is the driving force behind virtually everything you do.

This way, you'll likely not have people pissing all over your work on boards like this one (though in Plan B's case that's rare indeed - something that should be worn like a badge of honor around here) and you're likely to end up with a far better finished product that your clients can market to their customer base.

nav-logo.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RichMGH, BallWonk, raysox, cappital92: Unfortunately, due to trademark/copywrite (lawyer stuff) we'd only able to produce caps featuring original artwork or our club's artwork. To see who we've worked with Google "Plan B Branding."

Figured as much, but you asked for our dreams ...

Actually, you left a ton of great Western-themed work on the cutting room floor with the Ghosts rebranding. That whole herd-of-skeletal-ghost-cattle thing has some excellent possibilities for limited-run merchandise that I'd buy. Plan B's Fresno and Boise work is among my favorite recent MiLB redesigns, too, but I've not seen any of the not-final designs. (RIP, craftsman-style Fresno Grizzlies.)

20082614447.png

Hey, I forgot Plan B did the Boise Hawks.

If you send me some merch, I'll gladly wear it when I go see them play the Canadians on Canada Day.

Also, please approach the Canadians about another re-brand. Last year's do-over stinks on ice. Thanks.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Jason & Casey

Guys,

I'm not an artist in any sense of the word (I've said jokingly from time to time that I'm closer to "autistic" than "artistic"), but here's a dream come true - one which I think would be extremely beneficial for Plan B's business.

Put together a focus group of people from the CCSLC. An Algonquin roundtable of sports logos of sorts. Designers, guys who fall into the target demos for buying sports merchandise (men 18-34, presumably), guys like me who understand marketing and what moves stuff off the shelves.

Get that group involved in each project from the get-go. If your project involves a team's renaming, let the group give feedback as to what name options would be good and which ones wouldn't. If it involves a straight rebranding (no name change), the group could suggest ideas - the designers of the bunch offering their expertise, the rest of us offering our constructive criticism. The designers can focus on "this should be PMS 289 and not PMS 287," while the target demo group could provide basic feedback along the lines of "I'd buy that!," and guys like me could provide general feedback as to why we think the project would/wouldn't succeed in generating new sales - which as we all (should) know, is the driving force behind virtually everything you do.

This way, you'll likely not have people pissing all over your work on boards like this one (though in Plan B's case that's rare indeed - something that should be worn like a badge of honor around here) and you're likely to end up with a far better finished product that your clients can market to their customer base.

This. Do it. I'll help.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Jason & Casey

Guys,

This. Do it. I'll help.

...Agreed. I can provide an aging Canadian demographic.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Will certainly be bookmarking this one, another place to go to slate my lust for american sports logos!

I would really love the opportunity to collaborate in any way, so will be keeping an eye out for that but not sure how much call there will be for European designers? If there is I'd like to volunteer as first in line to do an international collaboration. I've done one Football identity for an amateur team in the British American Football League but would jump at the chance to collaborate on just about any sport.

Look forward to seeing how the Clink Room evolves and thanks for giving something back to sports logo fans, agencies rarely go out of their way like this to make themselves accessible. I for one really appreciate your efforts and wish your new venture every success.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Jason & Casey

Guys,

This. Do it. I'll help.

Maybe for your services Plan B could do the logo for your ABA team... LOL

nav-logo.png

Jason & Casey

Guys,

This. Do it. I'll help.

Maybe for your services Plan B could do the logo for your ABA team... LOL

That dream ended when 1. I had to pay a monthly fee to keep the site alive, and 2. the IBL moved into the 'burbs.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

That dream ended when 1. I had to pay a monthly fee to keep the site alive, and 2. the IBL moved into the 'burbs.

In other words, the prototypical ABA franchise!

Getting back on track here though, I forgot to add that I'm sure that given the nature of everything Plan B does, most if not all of the folks you'd ask to be part of a focus group (or whatever you'd want to call it - Advisory Board, the Plan B Mafia, whatever) would sign NDA's. I would in a heartbeat just to be part of it (well, that and I have no one to really divulge anything to who'd be even remotely interested).

nav-logo.png

PhilliesPhan1325: We love BHNF too! We're not working on the Senators renovation. However, we did develop the latest Senators look with the mayfly. We're planning to chat more on this project at The Clink Room.

I love their new stuff and that alternate. Great work.

I'd be down for a focus group and the custom hat creation is freaking awesome.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived