The Clink Room

Brandiose

BallWonk: Great ideas! Thanks for sharing, we've added them to our idea book.

What other ideas do you guys have for collaboration? Or things you'd like to see happen at The Clink Room?

Or consider this: What would be a dream come true for you guys?

Jason & Casey

Creamer_Signature.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually had a dream the other night where I got a phone call with someone offering me $17,000 for one of my logos. Unfortunately, I had to wake up, which was a buzzkill.

I think y'all are starting things off well. We love seeing alternate/rejected logos, so the more the merrier there.

Noone will overtake Paul Lukas' mass of content. This site also has a monstrous amount of info, but I think we like it that way. Peeking into your professional world and listening to your design views is interesting to me.

One way to collaborate with folks, I think, could crudely be called contests, but since there's no winner, it'd be more like picking favorites. There are a lot of people posting designs on threads here. Sometimes it's one idea by one person, sometimes it's a theme by multiple artists. There is a lot of feedback, which is great, but when the thread goes to 16 pages there's a lot to digest and it's hard to find the actual art. You could ask folks to send in their best car-themed logo; pick a city and have folks do a letter logo (or whatever you think of) and you simply post the ones you like. People can comment below, including you if you want to input. No guarantee on how many entries you'd get, but might be fun to try.

What other ideas do you guys have for collaboration? Or things you'd like to see happen at The Clink Room?

Jason & Casey

I want an Orioles cap that features the new "B" from "Baltimore"...just like the O's cap, but with the "B"...can you make that happen.

My dream come true is to design the identity for a semi-pro, college, or professional team (or even a well-known amateur one).

So far, it's been one AAU basketball team, and numerous fantasy sports teams :upside:

It's always great to pick the brains of people well respected and involved in the industry, and it should be fun to see your firm's thought process.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Jason & Casey

I want an Orioles cap that features the new "B" from "Baltimore"...just like the O's cap, but with the "B"...can you make that happen.

Heck with that -- I want an Orioles cap that features the "B" from the seats at Camden Yards in orange on black. I'd become an O's fan again solely to justify wearing that cap.

Orioles seat detail

Another view

20082614447.png

2. The gold-beveled block W that Todd Radom designed for the Nats in 2004 or 2005 to match the DC logo. I would order a case of these if they were ever available for sale on any terms. If a cap lasts two years, then a supply of 24 should be enough to see me through. I know Plan B and Radom are kind of competitors, but both are similarly excellent in the field, and anyway this one rejected design is just too important to let industry rivalry prevent it from seeing the light of day some way, some how. (Though I admit that it's only a supposition based on indirect evidence that Radom designed this one.)

Chalk up another supporter for these two.

Another idea, something simple, is a 77-92 style Blue jays hat (royal blue, white front) with a T in the old split font.

I'm living my dream to the best of possibility right now, going to school at the Univ. of Illinois and designing in the Athletic Dept. My dream come true?

To find away to stay in the sports design field after I graduate in a year. That may not be what you were looking for, but I guess an insights or ins you can offer to get there would be top notch, but that seems like an awfully big thing to ask.

You did say dream though...

On a smaller scale, I really am trying to think of collaboration ideas...I'll throw something out there sooner or later.

Your Designs on New Era Caps

Finally, have you always wanted to see your designs embroidered on official New Era Caps? Through our relationship with New Era, we're working to make that dream come true. More on this to come.

Sold. You guys are awesome. :P

Glad to have you guys. Your corporate website hasn't been updated in a while, I was wondering where you guys went...

Always loved your work. Clearwater Threshers: epic. Clink Room bookmarked for sure.

The New Era deal I'm definitely interested in. And I'd be happy to collaborate.

I'm living my dream to the best of possibility right now, going to school at the Univ. of Illinois and designing in the Athletic Dept. My dream come true?

To find away to stay in the sports design field after I graduate in a year. That may not be what you were looking for, but I guess an insights or ins you can offer to get there would be top notch, but that seems like an awfully big thing to ask.

You did say dream though...

On a smaller scale, I really am trying to think of collaboration ideas...I'll throw something out there sooner or later.

Somewhat ditto for me. I'm currently looking to get back into school and finally finish. Any advice for those of us who really want to get into this area of sports design would be extremely appreciated. Thanks and keep up the excellent work.

Hey guys, it's Jason & Casey over at Plan B. Branding-

Your Designs on New Era Caps

Finally, have you always wanted to see your designs embroidered on official New Era Caps? Through our relationship with New Era, we're working to make that dream come true. More on this to come.

Ham Fighters caps FTW, y'all.

HAM_unis.png

(the one in the middle, specifically)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

First welcome.

Love the New Era idea, kudos.

As for collaboration there are so many good designers to bounce stuff off of here.

I remember the days of the Webdav challenges where we saw tons of great concepts for expansion teams or relocated teams (Brooklyn Basketball, Portland Baseball, etc). Would be cool to maybe have something like that run each month where you showcase some designs from a contest you create, while challenges the regulars here for fun. Aint nothing better than some exposure and bragging rights plus input from the pros, lol. Thats all if you guys have time.

rtrich11, whchoclte: We like the "pick a city" contest idea - it's something we've been discussing at great length.

gordie_delini: We'll do our best, realizing we're under confidentiality with many projects. As Casey mentioned here, "we discussed at length how we can bring the Clink community behind the scenes without spoiling unveilings and the careful process of designing a new brand."

AAO, Lee: We'd love to have you on board. You'll be the first to know once more details of the New Era deal unfold.

RichMGH, BallWonk, raysox, cappital92: Unfortunately, due to trademark/copywrite (lawyer stuff) we'd only able to produce caps featuring original artwork or our club's artwork. To see who we've worked with Google "Plan B Branding."

Creamer_Signature.png

Archived