MLB All Star Game 2009 Thread

patsox

How about they just stop playing the game? No one cares about it.

False.

Nobody cares about the Pro Bowl. Only a handful care about the NHL ASG. Slightly more care about the NBA ASG.

But the MLB ASG is pretty damn popular. Even the people that think it's worthless tend to watch it.

What are the ratings for the ASG vs those other ones? I'm in the camp with those who think it's worthless and should go away. It was cool back when I was a kid, and you could only watch your local team, plus the one national game on CBS or NBC (actually, I remember ABC Monday Night Baseball too), but now that you see these players on Sports Center and on cable all the time, it's just a worthless break in the schedule.

Don't get me started on how ridiculous the home-field advantage thing is too.

BringbacktheVet, you read my mind exactly! Couldn't have said this better myself. The All-Star Game used to be all household names, and high quality players. Now with expansion, interleague play, steroids, overall talent pool being watered down, it's a worthless showcase. This Home Run Derby thing they do too is totally unnecessary. I watched to see the opening lineups, and more than 2/3 of the players I never even heard of. Pujols apparently didn't do too well. He's probably on the juice too, same w/Ryan Howard. MLB lost me, and the NFL is beginning to.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

False.

Nobody cares about the Pro Bowl. Only a handful care about the NHL ASG. Slightly more care about the NBA ASG.

But the MLB ASG is pretty damn popular. Even the people that think it's worthless tend to watch it.

What are the ratings for the ASG vs those other ones? I'm in the camp with those who think it's worthless and should go away. It was cool back when I was a kid, and you could only watch your local team, plus the one national game on CBS or NBC (actually, I remember ABC Monday Night Baseball too), but now that you see these players on Sports Center and on cable all the time, it's just a worthless break in the schedule.

BringbacktheVet, you read my mind exactly! Couldn't have said this better myself. The All-Star Game used to be all household names, and high quality players. Now with expansion, interleague play, steroids, overall talent pool being watered down, it's a worthless showcase. This Home Run Derby thing they do too is totally unnecessary. I watched to see the opening lineups, and more than 2/3 of the players I never even heard of. Pujols apparently didn't do too well. He's probably on the juice too, same w/Ryan Howard. MLB lost me, and the NFL is beginning to.

Wow... overreaction?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

False.

AND YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!*

*-lawn in this case referring to every piece of Earth within 5 blocks of Bill's domicile, including streets.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

False.

Wow... overreaction?

No overreaction, i'm just waiting on him to tell us that all NBA players are thugs

False.

Wow... overreaction?

No overreaction, i'm just waiting on him to tell us that all NBA players are thugs

Why do you need to wait for him to say it? Just go back and read any NBA thread here...you'll see it from a bunch of people. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

NBA players are thugs, except for the fundamentally-sound white ones.

jk

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

NBA players are thugs, except for the fundamentally-sound white ones.

jk

So that means Darko's a thug.

He IS a thug! Remember that time he threatened to f some guy's daughter?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Considering this thread is 18 pages long, it proves that the MLB All-Star Game and festivities are pretty popular still. Granted, it's a default "I am a Cardinal" thread, but no other All-Star thread gets this much attention.

Should probably double check that. This thread's popularity has very little to do with any of my posting, certainly leading up to the game.

Archived