St. Louis Rams SOLD (pending NFL approval)

STL FANATIC

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This all started with a rumor in an ESPN article that said Faulk may be involved. Faulk stated he was not but has since said he surely would be interested.

He probably doesn't have Limbaugh money, but he surely has money he can contribute. And Faulk has wanted to have a role with the organization for a while. They haven't shut him out exactly... he was a go-to advisor in the coaching search. But he doesn't have any official role. This would be a way for him to get a foot in the door.

I also think you should be careful with what you're saying Saintsfan. Rush's followers, as crazy as they might be, are not all racists. Certainly not to the point where many would shun one of the greatest St. Louis Rams of all time's involvement. I feel like I may be coming off on one side or the other, but again, I just hate to see people exaggerate and generalize against people. In most cases there's so many great facts out there to criticize the people we want to, but instead we choose to use hyperbole and exaggerations, and I don't see the need or good in that.

Perhaps I should explain what was a flippant, jokey response a little more fully.

My point is not about Rush Limbaugh, or indeed many of the people who listen to his show. My point relates entirely to the extreme points of view that are posted at places like redstate.com. I am not accusing people of racism at all. I am not at all suggesting Faulk is guaranteed to be part of the group now. But just the sheer mention of his name will wind up the people on websites like that, just because of the appearance at a very superficial level of affirmative action. Accept on this occasion they can hardly claim that Faulk is less qualified to be an owner than Limbaugh.

My point does not relate to Rams fans at all. But a lot of the people commenting on places like redstate were not Rams fans. I am not entirely sure they were even football fans, but they are infuriated by the apparent liberalisation of American now that Obama is President. Limbaugh's rejection represented that. But if Faulk were to be the replacement, it would be difficult to continue that cry very effectively.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Does Faulk have that kind of money?

No, not really.

/Arrrrrrrgh.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, let's see: the Rams are worth something like $900-950 mill. How much does free money does Checketts have (minus the values of the Blues and Real Salt Lake)? I believe he has a net worth of no more than $2 bill. (more like $1.5 bill., I guess), but is this the case? How much would/does Faulk have?

So, let's see: the Rams are worth something like $900-950 mill. How much does free money does Checketts have (minus the values of the Blues and Real Salt Lake)? I believe he has a net worth of no more than $2 bill. (more like $1.5 bill., I guess), but is this the case? How much would/does Faulk have?

I'm not sure how much either is worth. Neither would be the majority investor, though.

Additionally, while the Rams are valued at about $950 million, only 60% of the team is for sale. So we're looking at the $500-570 million range as far as the actual purchase.

Well there's a rumor out there right now that the Rams next owner could be announced this evening. But nobody really believes it.

It could be minor news about the Rams, or it could be what time a radio show for SLU basketball is going to air.

So probably nothing, but just thought I'd mention it.

Not trying to be a troll here (as it does relate to this thread to some degree), but this just in from the LA Times:

It's Official: The Governator Signs LA Stadium Bill

and last week he signed a bill which will allow the 49ers to build in Santa Clara without the city using a bid process for contractors. This new law gives the Snata Clarathe option for the Stadium Authority to choose a design-build general contractor without having to amend the City charter. AKA: The 49ers choose.

According to this new law, the design-builder is still required to competitively bid all sub-contract work, which represents the vast majority of the construction jobs for this project. It also stipulates that all RDA and CFD funds will go to sub-contractors hired in accordance with the City charter?s existing bid process.

If the 49ers do get their new stadium in Santa Clara I have feeling the Raiders could end up sharing it after Big Al passes on to the big Black Hole in the sky.

The 49ers are going to to move south after Wednesday's LA law let all EPS (Environmental Impact Study) got in favor of the team. The person who AL will probably leave the tam to said this last month:

?We have stated publicly that we are keeping an open mind with respect to the possibility of a shared stadium,? said Amy Trask, the chief executive of the Raiders.

You know... with some pretty, pretty big wallets in my home town,

and with a sports fan of a Mayor who would GLADLY welcome a second NFL franchise,

and a decent enough stadium that can be shared with da Bears,

and with the Bears accepting a little over (or under - it is Chicago!) the table compensation from Oprah, ah I mean a potential buyer...

Wouldn't be just peachy to have Chicago take the St. Louis NFL franchise past the Arch, over the river and through the woods to the mighty shores of Lake Michigan!

Please, DO NOT READ into this a knock on St. Louis, I LOVE STL! Especially Bandana's!

But I love the thought of a good intra-city competition between two franchises that close, good for both teams*

... oh, and Rocky Wirtz should let the NHL into Milwaukee! Another good hockey town, great rink and "competition" for drawing area fandom could very well provide two good teams. Mr. Wirtz has got to have confidence in his ability to compete and keep da Hawks on this upward movement on the ice!

* If only that were true of our baseball teams... the Birds have got us beat (WS titles) even though we have two team combined!!! (I just had to beat you to the punch!)

And don't worry infared41, I will not be attempting to come up with a logo for Milwaukee, although they do have a...

and yes, I crammed hockey and baseball into a football thread.

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Soldier Field isn't good enough for one NFL team, let alone two. It's an undersized poorly maintained dump and a blemish on the lakefront. The Bears and the NFL aren't going to allow another team in town, no way, no how, total pipe dream, already went over it in this or the other thread about a team moving to L.A., reading is a skill. The Chicago Bears have one of the largest and most devoted fanbases in North American sport. People in the area who don't like the Bears generally like the Packers. These are teams that if you like them, you really really like them, and will always really really like them. Where are these "Chicago Rams" fans going to come from? Out of your ass?

Oh and Milwaukee's inability to support the NHL has nothing to do with Rocky Wirtz.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You know... with some pretty, pretty big wallets in my home town,

and with a sports fan of a Mayor who would GLADLY welcome a second NFL franchise,

and a decent enough stadium that can be shared with da Bears,

and with the Bears accepting a little over (or under - it is Chicago!) the table compensation from Oprah, ah I mean a potential buyer...

Wouldn't be just peachy to have Chicago take the St. Louis NFL franchise past the Arch, over the river and through the woods to the mighty shores of Lake Michigan!

Please, DO NOT READ into this a knock on St. Louis, I LOVE STL! Especially Bandana's!

But I love the thought of a good intra-city competition between two franchises that close, good for both teams*

... oh, and Rocky Wirtz should let the NHL into Milwaukee! Another good hockey town, great rink and "competition" for drawing area fandom could very well provide two good teams. Mr. Wirtz has got to have confidence in his ability to compete and keep da Hawks on this upward movement on the ice!

* If only that were true of our baseball teams... the Birds have got us beat (WS titles) even though we have two team combined!!! (I just had to beat you to the punch!)

And don't worry infared41, I will not be attempting to come up with a logo for Milwaukee, although they do have a...

and yes, I crammed hockey and baseball into a football thread.

This has been proposed before.

I will post my likely real life response to such a move, if it were to happen.

Exploding-head.gif

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This has been proposed before.

Proposed on CCSLC or elsewhere?

Here

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived