St. Louis Rams SOLD (pending NFL approval)

STL FANATIC

There are no remaining markets where the NFL is viable other than Los Angeles. People can come in and list cities that don't have NFL teams. They're not viable.

San Antonio, anyone?

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are no remaining markets where the NFL is viable other than Los Angeles. People can come in and list cities that don't have NFL teams. They're not viable.

San Antonio, anyone?

Good-sized city, but zero surrounding metro area, to my understanding. And the Alamodome is probably a bit of a relic at this point.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

San Antonio, anyone?

Good-sized city, but zero surrounding metro area, to my understanding. And the Alamodome is probably a bit of a relic at this point.

Also a pretty significant secondary market for the Cowboys, but given how I've been unable to escape Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, and mediocre football for the last two years, I think the whole world is but a secondary market for the Cowboys.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I suppose LA could have two teams, but I just don't see that happening right away. Further, LA is stilly plenty far away from actually having a stadium to host a team.

As for Toronto, how negative would the impact be on the Bills if another team swoops into that market?

See NHL.... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

San Antonio, anyone?

Also a pretty significant secondary market for the Cowboys, but given how I've been unable to escape Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, and mediocre football for the last two years, I think the whole world is but a secondary market for the Cowboys.

They are (or at least were) "America's Team". Just sayin... ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Steelboyz win one more ring and the seeminly 30% of this nation that's left that ain't already Steeler Nation converts might be next.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

San Antonio, anyone?

They are (or at least were) "America's Team". Just sayin... ^_^

We're ALL Cow*gets tazed by moderator*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Los Angeles Rams sounds a lot better the the Saint Louis Rams.

I hope Steven Spielberg buys the team and moves the Rams back to Hollywood!!

How much money does he have?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And renames them the BETTMAN CUP!!!

/thinks NoHoJoe may be spearheading the NHL Toronto expansion group

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, with a lifetime box office gross of $3,765,045,385, even at a single point, figure he's made a lot of money. Plus residuals and all the ancillary stuff.

In 2007 his net worth was valued at $3.1 billion. Undoubtedly he's taken a hit since then, but still, earning somewhere above $275M a year (including $30M he gets in "consulting fees" from Universal Theme Parks for his input), he still has enough money to get this deal done. If he had the slightest interest in football, of which I've never seen any indication.

Maybe his pride as an Angelino could be enough? Or the prospect of joining an exclusive club, and accessing that revenue stream (the knock on him since Day One is that he's more interested in making money than making art, the anti-Coppola)?

Maybe Max likes football.

Well, with a lifetime box office gross of $3,765,045,385, even at a single point, figure he's made a lot of money. Plus residuals and all the ancillary stuff.

In 2007 his net worth was valued at $3.1 billion. Undoubtedly he's taken a hit since then, but still, earning somewhere above $275M a year (including $30M he gets in "consulting fees" from Universal Theme Parks for his input), he still has enough money to get this deal done. If he had the slightest interest in football, of which I've never seen any indication.

Maybe his pride as an Angelino could be enough? Or the prospect of joining an exclusive club, and accessing that revenue stream (the knock on him since Day One is that he's more interested in making money than making art, the anti-Coppola)?

Maybe Max likes football.

Francis Ford Coppola has a vineyard in the Napa Valley as well as some interests in a few restaurants in LA and NYC.

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Francis Ford Coppola has a vineyard in the Napa Valley as well as some interests in a few restaurants in LA and NYC.

My friends and I tried a bottle of Coppola once. The vast majority of it was imbibed by my kitchen sink.

Francis owns a vinyard because, reportedly, he loves making wine. I don't know that it's ever been very profitable (or, as noted, very good).

I'm not suggesting that Spielberg is incapable of making art, just that the knock on him has always been that he's more interested in making money. Interesting that his films gained a lot more artistic success after he hired Janusz Kamiński to shoot them.

Heck, you can go father - the irony is that Coppola has had to take plenty of what can only be described as paycheck jobs because he needed the money.

The revolution of the 1970s has come down to this: the man who loved art scambles for money, and the man who loved money can afford to make art.

Archived