A few soccer concepts...

elliott

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ OK, when I get around to it I'll pm it to you.

So, for Real Salt Lake, I was looking at their crest, and I decided I liked individual elements within it, but I didn't like the way it was put together, seemed random, and I didn't understand the spanish color scheme for a team in Utah. I know that two tone blue is overused in sports but it seems underused in the MLS. So, I took the soccer ball as I liked the geometric simplicity, and the crown with added detail, and put it on a shield, with snowflakes to represent Utah a little. The jerseys are pretty simple.

I'm not too sure about this one, so, um, let the bashing begin? Or is it good? Tell me what you think.

real-salt-lake.gif

real-salt-lake-jerseys.gif

(In another edit to the Crew I gave them a better gold, the one on the second update was a little putrid as my monitor was a little messed up)

Looks real good, nice Utah feel to it.

Only things that bug me is what Conrad said, no Team name and secondly, it seems like he crown is off center.

It would be cool to see a secondary with the snowflake and the ball, but I'm not sure if soccer uses secondary logos.

Great job overall!

love the color combo for real, the jerseys are very nice, but i agree with above, no name or city on the crest. very nice otherwise.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Best one yet IMO, at least it has the most potential.

The soccer ball could be improved. At least add a circle around it so it has some boundaries. Just kind of random shapes to me now.

I think it needs a simple wordmark beneath the badge. I love badges that don't have names inside of them, and it's just a simple symbol. Think Houston Texans, ATL Falcons type of wordmark.

I'm digging the jersey template, but it looks a bit bare, maybe add a sponsor to it. I've noticed the lack of sponsors in your concepts, and like it or not, they're a big part in soccer uniforms (and a whole 'notha thing to worry about).

Love the colors, although I've always liked their color set.

I think the away uni would look saweet with baby blue shorts. Doesn't make much sense to me to have two different navy blue shorts. From a merchandising standpoint (if this were real) you'd want two different colors.

Great work, gotta be honest I'm disappointed you didn't continue this further.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

yessss. I like this one alot. it does look a little off center but its something im sure you'll fix. great work. and add the team name, I know I said stuff about your prior mls concepts but I think you can do alot with what you have so far.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Hey Elliott, it's "Real Salt Lake," not "Real Snow Flake."

Just thought I would let you know. :P

Ok gbm, the update will simply feature a lake with a salt shaker inside of it. :)

Honestly chesnutz I forgot a sponsor, I was meaning to but forgot, whoops.

Update tomorrow will attempt to clean things up. I'm glad most of the response has been positive so far. But negative comments are ok too as long as it helps it improve, I won't be offended. :D

real-salt-lake-2.gif

real-salt-lake-jerseys-2.gif

Well, some updates here. I added a wordmark kinda in the style of the Bengals, Falcons, etc...I didn't like the way it looked on the jersey, so I left it off. As you can see it is kinda detached from the crest itself. I don't know if that is good or not. Sponsor is delta, I don't know if any other MLS team uses them, but I thought it was appropriate as I believe Salt Lake is a hub. Jerseys have been modified a little, clash shorts are light blue, a some other miniscule tweaks.

I have ANOTHER update to the Crew in the works.

Me likey a lot. The only thing remaining I don't like is how the ball is rendered and there's no boundaries.

Love the wordmark, and it's fine if it's detached, that's the way I was aiming for you to go. Just have it be there in case they need one, but I'm a fan of just the crest with no banner or wordmark attached.

Delta sponsor actually fits very well with the template

Great job.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Actually, my favorite part of the crest is how the ball is only implied, not obvious like on some of the others. The ball has more of the snowflake look to it because of the style in which it is rendered. The uniforms are pretty basic, but that works for them. I dig the new yellow for the Crew by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

I think your logos look nice and stylish. But if you are planning making more of them, don't put a soccer ball in every one of them. Or if you do, you could use a different kind of ball, like an older one that looks like a volleyball (see logos of FC Barcelona, Manchester Utd, Calcio Catania..).

By the way, your Crew logo is a little bit like West Ham's, with the hammers:

622pxwesthamunitedfcsvg.gif

Plus I feel your Real logo could use another color. That blue on blue is cool and stylish, but maybe a little bland. Put little accents of gold there and voila! Or something... What do I know.

Archived