Top 5 goalie masks in Sabres history

Top Shelf

Sabres.com wants you to chronicle the top moments in Sabres history with the Fans Top Five countdown. Each week, we will select a category and list five choices for fans to rank. Think we are missing one? Write in your own ballot.

This week, Sabres.com is counting down the top five goalie masks of all-time. Take a look at the 10 nominees below and pick your top five - rank them with 1 being your favorite. All goalie masks are listed in alphabetical order and are not ranked.

Here's the link to the nominees:

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=424691

And remember, there's a write-in box as well.

IeHVybT.png

Sabres goalies have always had really good masks. I saw Andrei Trefilov's mask for the first time - that was really cool.

As far as current NHL goalies go, Miller's got one of the league's best.

I remember Treffy's mask, he wore the bison head mask here with the Wolves when he won the "REAL" Turner Cup in 2000. He broke down the 'Bulin wall in a four game sweep when Nikolai was in Long Beach. That mask looked great with the Wolves logo on his chest.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I knew Hasek was going to be on the list, even though his isn't a true mask, nor does it look anywhere near as good as everything else on the list!

I didn't even know Steve Shields played for Buffalo, but he has a history of having some ridiculously awesome looking masks! and that one is no exception!

My order was Bromley - Fuhr - Shields - Puppa - Miller

I like Lalime's mask, but using Marvin the Martian on all of his masks doesn't work in all cases, like this. Ottawa and Chicago were exceptions, I loved those ones.

Surprised for the love here for Miller's mask. The only thing worse than his old abstract buffalo is his new tattoo-art inspired lid.

I never knew that was supposed to be smoke on Hasek's there. As a kid I thought it was just a dent.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived