2011 NBA All-Star Game

Conrad.

You know, when I first read about this a while back one of my first thoughts besides "Why won't the NBA ever put a game in the East?" was this...

How come Boston and Toronto haven't thrown their hats into the ASG ring? They have fairly newish arenas and they're big media markets as well and can probably run a successful All-Star Game.

Boston doesn't want that many black people coming to town.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you're probably right...those who'd show up would probably all just get arrested for shoving their key cards into the doors of their hotel rooms in the name of "suspected forced entry".

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I believe that they should look at all the teams/cities that haven't held an All-Star game and include them in one

PLACES HAVE TO WANT THEM

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You know, when I first read about this a while back one of my first thoughts besides "Why won't the NBA ever put a game in the East?" was this...

How come Boston and Toronto haven't thrown their hats into the ASG ring? They have fairly newish arenas and they're big media markets as well and can probably run a successful All-Star Game.

That's BS, dude, we had the freaking DNC!

YOU BETTER NOT RIOT

YOU BETTER NOT SCREAM

THEY MIGHT NOT NECESSARILY PLAY FOR YOUR TEAMS

BLACK PEOPLE ARE COMING TO TOWN

THEY'RE IN HAHVAHD YAHD

THEY'RE IN FENWAY PAHK

I'M THREATENED BY THE FACT THAT THEIR SKIN IS TOO DAHK

YOU SEE THEM ON THE CELTICS

YOU SEE THEM ON THE PATS

YOU SEE THEM AT THE GROCERY STORE

AND WE'LL LEAVE IN SECONDS FLAT

OH, THE INSULTS GO BACK

THE INSULTS GO FORTH

WE GET OFF THE HOOK SINCE WE LIVE IN THE NORTH

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Conversely, the local cops arrested a Harvard Professor in his own home for attempting to burglarize it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

YOU BETTER NOT RIOT

YOU BETTER NOT SCREAM

THEY MIGHT NOT NECESSARILY PLAY FOR YOUR TEAMS

THEY'RE IN HAHVAHD YAHD

THEY'RE IN FENWAY PAHK

I'M THREATENED BY THE FACT THAT THEIR SKIN IS TOO DAHK

YOU SEE THEM ON THE CELTICS

YOU SEE THEM ON THE PATS

YOU SEE THEM AT THE GROCERY STORE

AND WE'LL LEAVE IN SECONDS FLAT

OH, THE INSULTS GO BACK

THE INSULTS GO FORTH

WE GET OFF THE HOOK SINCE WE LIVE IN THE NORTH

LMAO if only I could give out that ribbon...

6fQjS3M.png

Conversely, the local cops arrested a Harvard Professor in his own home for attempting to burglarize it.

My head might explode from explaining this, but I couldn't tell whether you were being facetious or not, even though I was sure that you were referring to that incident if not in addition to the bad reputation of the city, and I made a facetious remark on top of that, if you couldn't tell that I wasn't serious. Now I see that you were at least somewhat serious in light of the arrest and my facetious remark went seemingly undetected and mistaken for a case of oblivion.

I do assure you, I am well aware of the self-crime racial profiling weird incident that has occurred and will bring The Reverend Al Sharpton to this very town to help us see the light and I am eagerly awaiting his arrival at the moment.

Yes, deflect the REAL issue by bringing up Al Sharpton, whom everyone dismisses as an insincere opportunist.

Boston had that rep well before Rev'rin Al was...well, rev'rining. But keep up the blind Boston backing. It suits you.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

What? No, I was being sarcastic at the end there too. Maybe I should stop that. :P But seriously, I'm not and I wasn't taking sides here. From what I actually know, it was a stupid incident on both parties and the fact that Al Sharpton is coming is nothing more than another consequence of the incident that shows its national pull, and that's how I meant that comment. If you think that was some sort of low blow at anyone, it absolutely wasn't. I don't feel strongly about this case either way except that I don't think there is one side that is totally in the right and either way, it is extremely and embarrassingly bad publicity, as evidenced here. I am well aware of the bad rep here and was not trying to defend the city in any way by bringing up Al.

I asked it earlier in the thread, and I'll ask it again:

Why does anyone care what city the game is in? If you live in Nebraska, what difference is it to you if the game is in Oakland, Dallas, New York, etc.?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You don't understand, Mr. Curmudgeon...it just further proves that the NBA is fixed! :P

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Why does anyone care what city the game is in? If you live in Nebraska, what difference is it to you if the game is in Oakland, Dallas, New York, etc.?

It's more of a sense of pride in your team and city. It sort of makes the fans feel like they're on top of the world if their team is hosting it.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Shouldn't fans also know that their city didn't actually ask to be considered to host the game before they start bitching about their city not getting the game?

It's more of a sense of pride in your team and city. It sort of makes the fans feel like they're on top of the world if their team is hosting it.

Seriously? People really need an all-star game in their city to feel good? That's pretty sad. That's like "my town is better than your town because we have two Walmarts!" Also, that still doesn't answer my question - a lot of people who are bitching either don't live in NBA cities, or are arguing that games should be held in cities besides their own.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Seriously? People really need an all-star game in their city to feel good? That's pretty sad. That's like "my town is better than your town because we have two Walmarts!" Also, that still doesn't answer my question - a lot of people who are bitching either don't live in NBA cities, or are arguing that games should be held in cities besides their own.

I could be a little wrong on the sense a pride a fan gets from the all-star game these days but at least that's what I felt when I was a kid and it came to town.

I could be a little wrong on the sense a pride a fan gets from the all-star game these days but at least that's what I felt when I was a kid and it came to town.

Oh, I get it for the kids - I used to always hope for the MLB ASG to be in Philadelphia (figuring if it was, I'd be running into all kinds of awesome players at the mall and the grocery store... yeah, I know.) Once you're >=13, that shouldn't be the case though. Hell - most season ticket holders can't even go to the game when it's in their city. People here seem angry whenever cities are announced - I fail to see how it has any impact on anyone.

Oh, I get it for the kids - I used to always hope for the MLB ASG to be in Philadelphia (figuring if it was, I'd be running into all kinds of awesome players at the mall and the grocery store... yeah, I know.) Once you're >=13, that shouldn't be the case though. Hell - most season ticket holders can't even go to the game when it's in their city. People here seem angry whenever cities are announced - I fail to see how it has any impact on anyone.

Not that I think this is an "official reason" but it might also be cool to see what kind geographical or team elements are put into the All-Star logo and uniforms. ^_^

Not that I think this is an "official reason" but it might also be cool to see what kind geographical or team elements are put into the All-Star logo and uniforms. ^_^

I'm with you there - that's really the only thing I look forward to. I want to see if they'll ever be able to top what they did in New Orleans.

Archived