Tippett Fired!

charger77

Slow Start +

Sean Avery Fiasco+

Miss the Playoffs+

Change of GM

Coaching Change

Combined, they equaled doom for him. Marc Crawford is somewhat of a kneejerk decision, but coaching changes in the NHL are generally kneejerk. There are others who are not working who have had better (or more recent success) then McFly. He is only 43-40 in the playoffs.

No down years allowed with the Stars, huh. Didn't Hitchcock get axed for a 91-point playoff miss?

There's a lot to live up to, what with the Mavericks and Cowboys in town to compete with.

And there could be a lot worse choices than Crawford. Not saying he's the end-all, but as long as he's kept away from GM duties, he should succeed in Dallas (if he's the one).

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Marc Crawford is a horrible coach. He's clueless. He has no system, the players won't respect him at all. Oh and don't give me that crap about he won a Stanley Cup. Patrick Roy won the Stanley Cup, Crawford was just riding his coat tails.

ย 

ย 

Marc Crawford is a horrible coach. He's clueless. He has no system, the players won't respect him at all. Oh and don't give me that crap about he won a Stanley Cup. Patrick Roy won the Stanley Cup, Crawford was just riding his coat tails.

Personally, i would go after Guy Charbonneau. Fans love him in Dallas, so he'd be a good sell.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Personally, i would go after Guy Charbonneau. Fans love him in Dallas, so he'd be a good sell.

But if they wanted Guy, why no have him as the GM, hire Joe Joe Nieuwendyk as Asst GM, then get a coach? If Guy wanted to coach the team, then that should be his call. I am not sure that less than 3 years of front office experience is good enough in the Pacific Division (then again Hull was "the Ambassador of Fun" prior to Doug Armstrong's firing).

Here's my take. Dallas was a good team. They were a good team under Hitchcock and a good team under Tippet. They just got full of themselves and thought they were better than they were in signing Avery. What I mean is that they had players who knew their roles and knew where they belonged. Then you bring in a loose cannon like Avery, who is just like Ray Emery and T.O. and Chad Johnson, and you kill that team chemistry. It becomes a team +1 and that is not a team at all. That one player can kill a team. You bring in a cancer and it's a coach killer. I don't understand why people think they can change these selfish players. You can't.

ย 

ย 

Bad move. Tip did nothing to deserve this. Injuries killed the Stars season, not the coaching.

True, yet many of their main players are over 32. They are an old team and Joe mus t be in place to sign Russian and Scandinavian players in the next two years.

Bad move. Tip did nothing to deserve this. Injuries killed the Stars season, not the coaching.

True, yet many of their main players are over 32. They are an old team and Joe mus t be in place to sign Russian and Scandinavian players in the next two years.

thats been a problem with this team far as i can remember. most of their drafts consist of drafting busts, 3rd/4th liners and grinders. then they have had to rely on veterans and hope the occasional star they do acquire works out.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Before the disastorous season this year, the Stars under Tippett never were lower then 6th in goals against. And he had a lot of things working against him this year like Avery, and long injuries to Morrow, Zubov, and Richards. I just don't get it right now.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Before the disastorous season this year, the Stars under Tippett never were lower then 6th in goals against. And he had a lot of things working against him this year like Avery, and long injuries to Morrow, Zubov, and Richards. I just don't get it right now.

Exactly. Well said.

newsig.jpg

Nobody who knows anything about hockey understands this move. I think on ESPN, it was brought up that this just might be a power move by Nieuwendyk. It makes no sense at all. I understand the team is getting older, but holy cow, Tippet is a fine coach.

ย 

ย 

Archived