GPOne

Dave Ship

Because of the recent split between FIA and FOTA for a new Formula 1, this is my take on the new motorsport championship which I'd like to name it GPOne.

I'd think to hold on a strict link between the old Formula 1 championship by using GP (Grand Prix) element on the logo and wordmark. Formula 1 were raced all along by GPs and because it means motorsport at highest level.

From this

gpone.jpg

to this

gpone_def.jpg

like the gp section, works well.

think you should just have the outer outline and just fill the inner outlines (so to speak).

i would use the number 1 rather than the word.

perhaps use some colour in the 1 also?

like the gp section, works well.

think you should just have the outer outline and just fill the inner outlines (so to speak).

i would use the number 1 rather than the word.

perhaps use some colour in the 1 also?

Thanks for the tips. I'm glad to receive C&C from you because I really do like your works.

Here's an update, hope I understood what you suggested me.

gpone_b.jpg

Logo A: The 1 looks too detached from the rest because of the interweaving of the G and P.

Logo B: Now the P gets lost with the 1

Wordmark: I think this one works the best. I can see a little bit of a cockpit shape in the letters. the GP forming the air scoop above the drivers head, the O being the helmet, and the n e making hands on the steering wheel and the wind screen.

I like the update. Maybe to solve what delayedpenalty said about logos A and B you could put the red 1 between the G and P. I hope that didn't sound too strange. And it might just make the logo like a mess but its just a suggestion.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

i think you can accomplish adding a "1" in there without going all the way to the top- stop it where you have been stopping the intersection of G and P...where it looks like a + sign. i say this because if you stand back, you can almost already see a "1" there...and doing the "1" like you did kind of jumbles things up for me.

i think you can accomplish adding a "1" in there without going all the way to the top- stop it where you have been stopping the intersection of G and P...where it looks like a + sign. i say this because if you stand back, you can almost already see a "1" there...and doing the "1" like you did kind of jumbles things up for me.

Like this, huh?!

gpone_e.jpg

Thanks for the tips.

definitely "C"...because in A & B, the piece of the G isn't necessary because the tip of the 1 takes care of that. the only other thing i would try is putting a space between the top of the G and where the P connect, so you can distinguish them better.

Looking good. I have one suggestion, though. I am not sure how it will look, but it might be worth trying. It is kind of awkward how the end of the light gray on one side isn't touching the 1, but on the other, it is. For the sake of legibilty, I think that is necessary right now, but there may be another way to execute it. You may be able to solve that by making the 1 slightly smaller than the shape of the G, so the G makes a thin gray outline around 1. It will also make it a little more obvious that it is a G, because the light gray will continue. It may just be me though, I don't know if it looks weird to anyone else. It looks great as is, though!

MegatronSig2.jpg

Looking good. I have one suggestion, though. I am not sure how it will look, but it might be worth trying. It is kind of awkward how the end of the light gray on one side isn't touching the 1, but on the other, it is. For the sake of legibilty, I think that is necessary right now, but there may be another way to execute it. You may be able to solve that by making the 1 slightly smaller than the shape of the G, so the G makes a thin gray outline around 1. It will also make it a little more obvious that it is a G, because the light gray will continue. It may just be me though, I don't know if it looks weird to anyone else. It looks great as is, though!

Hi, is one of them barely near to what you meant?

gpone_g.jpg

Thanks for the suggest, though.

gpone_g.jpg

Not quite. Sorry, I had a hard time explaining what I meant. I like the G and P connected at the top better too, like the last version. Okay, let me try to explain it again. In primary C of not this latest version, but the one before it, color the 1 light gray, so it just looks like the whole G is gray. Then make a 1 that is thinner and shorter, and put it within that gray area, so it basically has an even light gray stroke around the entire red 1. I hope that is more clear.

MegatronSig2.jpg

gpone_g.jpg

Not quite. Sorry, I had a hard time explaining what I meant. I like the G and P connected at the top better too, like the last version. Okay, let me try to explain it again. In primary C of not this latest version, but the one before it, color the 1 light gray, so it just looks like the whole G is gray. Then make a 1 that is thinner and shorter, and put it within that gray area, so it basically has an even light gray stroke around the entire red 1. I hope that is more clear.

It's easier to do than explain, so it's ok.

Look at the C version then:

gpone_h.jpg

gpone_g.jpg

It's easier to do than explain, so it's ok.

Look at the C version then:

gpone_h.jpg

Love that primary C; great job. Except I think it'd look better attached at the top.

Now what if you made the wordmark match a bit more by taking the primary C and placing it where the current GP is in the wordmark; except coloring in the "1" all grey so that it just looks like a G?

And I really hope you don't mid me doing this; but kinda like this:

GPO.png

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived