The Stars Uniform History Project

ColeJ

• 4 weeks later...

It drives me crazy that the Stars are still green, black, gold. If you want to embrace the Lone Star of Texas with your name, then change the colors to the Texas state flag red, white, and blue. Seeing a green and black Stars team only reminds me that they came from Minnesota.

Love the use of black (though there could have been more used on the N-star), love the shadow on the number, love the stars on the shorts. One of my favorites from that era.

1988-1991white.png

Hope you don't mind the hotlink.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It drives me crazy that the Stars are still green, black, gold. If you want to embrace the Lone Star of Texas with your name, then change the colors to the Texas state flag red, white, and blue. Seeing a green and black Stars team only reminds me that they came from Minnesota.

luckily, stars fans disagree with you.

the stars are pretty proud to embrace their minnesota history, and wouldn't want another generic red white and blue team.

they're upset enough that black has returned as the primary color, when most stars fans like the green.

dallas_skyline.jpg

btw, look at the dallas skyline, and tell me that green, gold, and black isn't fitting for a dallas hockey team.

the stars are pretty proud to embrace their minnesota history, and wouldn't want another generic red white and blue team.

they're upset enough that black has returned as the primary color, when most stars fans like the green.

dallas_skyline.jpg

btw, look at the dallas skyline, and tell me that green, gold, and black isn't fitting for a dallas hockey team.

Hopefully never proud enough to wear a throwback during a game...sorry but the team was ripped away from an area that had a new arena. The Northstars was the best name in hockey, the name needs to be returned so that we can rid Minnesota of the Wild.

dallas_skyline.jpg

Hopefully never proud enough to wear a throwback during a game...sorry but the team was ripped away from an area that had a new arena. The Northstars was the best name in hockey, the name needs to be returned so that we can rid Minnesota of the Wild.

agree to disagree. i love the minnesota north stars and the dallas stars with all my heart. i'd hate to see the wild wearing the N-star. for almost 20 years now, the city of dallas has embraced the stars and their history. you'd think more people would respect that, and allow the stars to wear their own throwbacks.

Love the use of black (though there could have been more used on the N-star), love the shadow on the number, love the stars on the shorts. One of my favorites from that era.

Seconded. Even though the late '80s and early '90s programmed me, as a Hawks fan, to make the North Stars a "team you must hate", the beauty of those uniforms can't be denied. The stars down the pants sealed the deal. And coincidentally, a green Dave Gagner jersey showed up in my mailbox today (with proper customization, courtesy of RCS).

Everything since Norm Green took the Stars black has ranged from fairly unremarkable to disappointing. The three highlights I can think of are the Texas secondary logo, "DALLAS" running down the pants stripe, and from the Minnesota days, that unbelievably detailed 25th Anniversary patch.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Seconded. Even though the late '80s and early '90s programmed me, as a Hawks fan, to make the North Stars a "team you must hate", the beauty of those uniforms can't be denied. The stars down the pants sealed the deal. And coincidentally, a green Dave Gagner jersey showed up in my mailbox today (with proper customization, courtesy of RCS).

Everything since Norm Green took the Stars black has ranged from fairly unremarkable to disappointing. The three highlights I can think of are the Texas secondary logo, "DALLAS" running down the pants stripe, and from the Minnesota days, that unbelievably detailed 25th Anniversary patch.

i looooove the "DALLAS" pants. i was so sad to see them go.

but as far as my money goes, the best DALLAS stars jersey is the current white away jersey with the primary logo on the chest...

the best stars jersey of all-time, however, is the double-stripe from the 70's.

dallas_skyline.jpg

Very strange that Dallas wouldn't want their own team rather than one they took from another city. Thought Texans were proud to be their own people (maybe just a stereotype).

Anyway, my point was I like the name Stars for a team from Texas as it is the Lone Star state (come to think of it maybe they should be the Star). But, if it is the Lone Star variety, it should be the red, white, and blue of the state flag as that is the Lone Star.

All that being said, what do I know, I'm up here in Seattle and don't even follow hocky :)

Some weird arguments going on here, and that Dallas skyline is really garish.

I love that double-striped North Stars sweater too. I didn't even know it existed till like a week ag.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Some weird arguments going on here, and that Dallas skyline is really garish.

I love that double-striped North Stars sweater too. I didn't even know it existed till like a week ag.

i agree with your first point, i want to engage you in fisticuffs for your second point, and i am a proud owner of the subject of your third point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived