International Rugby Teams Redesigned.

Davidson

gday fellas.

had a bit of spare time this week between filming beer settle and dressing up as a bingo calling fox

(some of the guys in the uk might have a clue about what im talking about). anyway during that time,

i worked up a new player template and took it out for a spin.

im not sure how familiar many of you are with rugby, but im sure this wont be so far removed from

the soccer related kit design, so i thought id post it.

first up, my home team the mighty new zealand all blacks. its been all the rage on the world cup redesign

and being the dedicated follower of fashion that i am, i have worked the fern pattern into the sleeves.

the all blacks have recently had quite a contentious silver/grey away strip that has been condemned to the scrap

heap after a disastrous world cup loss to france. so white is back, with white shorts replacing the usual black shorts.

more coming very soon.

fd

irb_new_zealand.jpg

next up, the world champions south africa.

interesting one this as the current gov in south africa have forced the sru to change

their logo from the famous springbok to the protea. the bok was considered a relic

of apartheid and so a racist symbol. many are upset at this as since the end of apartheid

many black players have worn the jersey and think that if you were going to do this,

why not do it earlier. it is still on the jersey but has moved to the other side of the chest.

i dont buy any of this pc nonsense. for 90%, it no longer has any of those connotations

and so i have kept only the bok.

baring in mind that im keeping the manufacturers consistent with the real teams,

i have tried to create templates that arent too constrictive. the current canterbury

uniforms are pretty horrific and the template dominates the kits more than the colours

of south africa, australia, ireland, scotland, usa japan and more.

here i have used some of the piping that ccc are presently fond of but coloured it ever so

slightly differently to the boks dark green. away kits are a different story and i think you

can be a bit more adventurous. teams only change their strip in the event of a colour clash

and south africa would only change when playing ireland.

i have also kept the double gold ring on the socks that ive always loved. as a junior player

i remember my club team having the same socks.

irb_south_africa.jpg

Maybe reduce the size of the adidas logo so the All Blacks logo is emphasized more.

Can you make your template a little less wrinkly? The fern pattern gets lost in it.

Aside from that, I have no complaints (except for the white Nike cleats).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

again, as with south africa i have tried to keep the wallabies simple.

gold jersey green shorts. they now wear the strange canterbury sock template

with different colours on the front and back. here i have gone back to the stripes

of the 70s and 80s. there is something about muddy striped socks around youre

ankles in the winter that, for me is the essence of the game.

so completes the tri nations teams. next up argentina, the last of the big southern

hemisphere teams. we will howvere be back for the pacific island nations.

irb_australia.jpg

Maybe reduce the size of the adidas logo so the All Blacks logo is emphasized more.

Can you make your template a little less wrinkly? The fern pattern gets lost in it.

good point about the boots, if i get the chance ill make them team specific.

i could have got rid of all the wrinkles, but i think it gives the template a bit of texture?

i know what you mean about the adidas logo, it normally is about that size on the jersey.

i saw someone else had doen a version where the logo was dark grey on the black that looked

nice, i might try something like that.

okay, lastly for today argentina.

navy has crept into the adidas stripes on argentina in the last few years.

i love the sky blue and white and the dark blue always seems so oppressive

on the uniform to i have used it only on sponsor and manufacturers logos.

i have left off the adidas three stripes down the arm also. it wrecks the kit.

they dont put it on the all blacks kit, why should it go on the pumas?

irb_argentina.jpg

good point about the boots, if i get the chance ill make them team specific.

i could have got rid of all the wrinkles, but i think it gives the template a bit of texture?

i know what you mean about the adidas logo, it normally is about that size on the jersey.

i saw someone else had doen a version where the logo was dark grey on the black that looked

nice, i might try something like that.

What he said.

At first glance, didn't notice the ferns on the black jersey.

Look forward to you graying of the Adidas logo.

Love the new template, and for the most part you've improved every team so far. Love Argentina especially, very simple and classy. The only problem I have so far is the piping on the Australia home shirt, the white just doesn't work with the yellow in my opinion. These are great, can't wait to see the Six Nations. However, and more importantly...

You are Foxy Bingo? We need a blown-mind emoticon, cuz you're about as famous as pre-cancer Jade Goody! I salute you sir! :D

Love the new template, and for the most part you've improved every team so far. Love Argentina especially, very simple and classy. The only problem I have so far is the piping on the Australia home shirt, the white just doesn't work with the yellow in my opinion. These are great, can't wait to see the Six Nations. However, and more importantly...

You are Foxy Bingo? We need a blown-mind emoticon, cuz you're about as famous as pre-cancer Jade Goody! I salute you sir! :D

yeah, i might make it another shade of yellow.

im not the guy in the suit. im just playing his hands in the new advert. i have to animate the thing also.

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/v230/714/91...640639_5691.jpg

Love your take on Argentina. Great color combination. And I'm a big fan of hoops, so my opinion is a bit bias. I like too that you did away with extra stripes or piping. More of an "old school" style. Excellent work! Those really look sharp.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

okay here we go with some more.

first up, the two nike kits england and france.

much more conservative that the present 'miss england/france'

sash ensemble.

i have given england a little twist on the sleve with a george cross.

im not the first to do this and i wont be the last so please dont judge me too harshly.

france have recently been playing in the darker blue as below and stopped wearing red socks.

england have moved from navy to white socks. i have previously been very opposed to this,

but it has grown on me so i have kept the overall colours the same.

i have also made changes to aus, sa and nz above.

irb_france.jpg

irb_england.jpg

one on its own here. wales with new manufacturer under armor.

they have the most horrific yellow and black away kit at the moment.

i have brought back the white and used a dark green also.

green has no place in the home kit really. im not a fan of uas new

green socks on the home kit so i have brought back the traditional seventies

white trimmed red pair.

irb_wales.jpg

finally three more canterbury strips. kept as simple as possible.

there is little to say about ireland and scotland really. i think these should

always be block colours with very little trim. hopefully it is not too intrusive here.

lastly the usa. they have returned to blue (due to the frequency they play canada,

why on earth would they have a red jersey?).

irb_scotland.jpg

irb_ireland.jpg

irb_usa.jpg

Loving all of these, especially Argentina and England. Great work as always.

For the US, I'm thinking Nike would be better. They produce all other sports (as far as I know, but I'm probably wrong) for US teams.

well actually the usa use canterbury (new zealand based company) for their stuff.

im not keen on the current jersey tho.

jsy_ccc_usa1.jpg

I know next to nothing about rugby, but I must say, that template is really nice. I like the detail, wish somebody made one like that for football. Anyway, I like all of these concepts as well.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived