EIHL League Rebrand

Patchey13

Well, having lost interest in most of my old projects, and looking to get the creative juices flowing again, I decided to do something new. A complete rebrand of the Elite Ice Hockey League over in Great Britain. It's currently the highest level of pro hockey in Great Britain, and is a relatively small league consisting of one division of 8 teams. Some more info about the league can be found here

I wanted to start with the league logo. The current logo is a complete mess in my opinion, but you can see for yourselves.

Eihlnewlogo.png

I wanted to keep it simple. A horizontal bar with the Union Jack and the League initials. For the secondary, I created a badge with the Union Jack inside. Im not too sure on the font, any suggestions?

EIHL_LOGO.png

I plan on adding a few cup champions logos to the identity too. This will be the only time in the series I'll be coming here for advice. I plan on releasing the concepts one at a time, similar to Ghettofarmboys series.

Look for this to be done sometime by the end of Summer. :)

Stay tuned

That's a pretty good rebrand right there. It's nice to see the tacky sponsor logo removed from the primary.

I do really like the shield, but it probably wouldn't work too well because the general British public wouldn't recognise it as an ice hockey league logo, but as a generic Union Jack shield or something. Maybe place a pair of crossed hockey sticks behind it, lined up with the 'X' on the flag.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Wow. It never donned on me how bad the EIHL's "logo" is. I love your top logo and agree that the badge with EIHL somewhere to complete the package would be a great upgrade.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Both updates are improvements. Good Job.

Are you going to do the EIHL teams too?

Yeah, I have sketches of a few teams already, but Im playing around with inkscape, and getting to know the program a bit better. The first might be up around next week or so depending on my schedule.

Archived