Titans . Nehl Redesign Project

js °

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beautiful.

This league could end up with the coolest logos of all hockey leagues if this keeps up.

I agree, i think both the coyotes color an jersey template would go beautifully with these.

The logo is amazing, in both its rendering, but more impressively, how quickly it was produced.

send it in.

I sometimes wish a few of us could just form a small nucleus and start our own firm. :)

How many times have I kicked that idea around this board

Guys, its doable. It may not make a dime, but its doable.

If you need a PR/marketing guy... I'm in!

Actually, I'm looking into getting my own biz off the ground, and would love to have a group of partners readily available to farm out design work to.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Wow, I'm simply amazed! That looks great. A while back I was actually looking for a Titan logo like this. Great job!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

BAAAAAHHHHH .. dammit i tried to pay close attention to every trojan/spartan/gladiator logo i could resource, so as to stay away from similarities. The god damned NFL Europe completely slipped under my radar ... nice grab gosioux

header.gif

Although the concept is similar, the cartoonish nature of their guy who is a kind of combined helmet/face may be enough to distance it ... especially with the coyotes colors also pushing it away. But dammit .. the rendering and stylistic nature just may be too similar.

I was already considering expanding upon this logo, and perhaps creating more of a body to this guy ... midchest and up most likely. That may have to be done now with these similarities .. let me know what you all think.

And thank you all who have thrown me so many nice compliments .. very much appreciated.

js, i think your logo is awesome. the gold tones give it an incredibly sexy, classy look.

Also, the Cologne Centurions may also use a guy with a red brush on his head, but there, the paths diverge in a yellow wood. It is of the same ilk, but not what I'd call similar. SO, ignore that problem. Its not a problem.

("that little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy." name that quote!)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

js - yours is much better. I don't see hardly any similarities between yours and the Centurions. Don't fret - yours is much cleaner looking. The Cologne version, you can't see the eyes and the helmet is akward looking.

Your the man they should have hired to do the NFL-Europe version for Cologne :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

There's one thing that you guys ought to know about this.

First of all, I work for the Titans, so I do have a stake in this.

I always had a problem with the red.

Our city high school colors are red, our Lakers hockey program (all ages) are red, our outlying high school team colors are red. There's just too much red going on. I always thought the Titans were lost amongst the "redness" of Jamestown hockey. If you're going to redesign.... then for pete's sake REDESIGN!!!! Fully. No Sabres colors, no JHS colors, no Lakers colors, no SW/MG colors. NO RED!!! I like the logo though!

There's one thing that you guys ought to know about this.

First of all, I work for the Titans, so I do have a stake in this.

I always had a problem with the red.

Our city high school colors are red, our Lakers hockey program (all ages) are red, our outlying high school team colors are red. There's just too much red going on. I always thought the Titans were lost amongst the "redness" of Jamestown hockey. If you're going to redesign.... then for pete's sake REDESIGN!!!! Fully. No Sabres colors, no JHS colors, no Lakers colors, no SW/MG colors. NO RED!!! I like the logo though!

why does the current logo have red in it?

Doh!

The current logo was a stock logo that was chosen by the head of the league and then put on a home Carolina Hurricanes jersey. So, the jerseys are red probably because there was red in the stock logo. Since the league owner is from Canada, he would have had no clue that there was already too much red in the Jamestown hockey world. Plus the other teams logos lent themselves to their own colors... Ice Cats, white and blue; Comets, black and gold. That left pretty much red and green and since he liked the name "Titans" and this logo, red was the only option...

alright ... after throwing out about 15 different wordmarks, I decided that this one is pretty strong, and just might be worthy. I think there are still some tweaks that could be made to this to develop to a final version, but my eyes are unable to spot them right now ... let me know what you guys see.

id_titans_01d.jpg

Archived