2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

There is only one QB capable of winning a game for the Colts yesterday with how the Dolphins dominated the time of possession and that was Peyton Manning, and that's what happened.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is only one QB capable of winning a game for the Colts yesterday with how the Dolphins dominated the time of possession and that was Peyton Manning, and that's what happened.

Here is my slight problem with the Dolphins performance. 45 minutes of possession for 23 points. That can't equate to great ball movement. And its a bit worrying for the defense that a team could score 27 points in 15 minutes of possession. Perhaps only a great QB could do that, but it still is worrying when you are in a division with Brady and Sanchez, who is shaping up nicely.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well if they fall apart early, the Dolphins could give Chad Henne a chance.

Oh, please do! :D

And what ever became of John Beck? What a waste of a second rounder that guy was!

Hey if you don't make the playoffs, and know you wont make the playoffs heading into December, might as well see what Henne can do. As for John Beck, Cam Cameron was a moron.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sean Salisbury has lost his mind.

/This seemed like the best place to put it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I was just reading that. Yikes. (I tried to imagine him saying that in his TV speaking style, you know, that bold, distinct tone he always had, and it's just so weird - but also funny)

Odds of this "tell-all book" ever coming out?

Who is he email battling with?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

AJ Daulerio, Deadspin's current editor.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh, OK. I guess my next question is "what is deadspin"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One of the larger and more prominent general sports blogs around. It generally focuses on the major leagues and sports media personalities.

Today, we are all otaku.

Other than a complete and total waste of time and brain matter, what Rams said.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Other than a complete and total waste of time and brain matter, what Rams said.

I waste too much time and brain matter at work to have either the time or brain matter required for such nonsense.

I was just reading that. Yikes. (I tried to imagine him saying that in his TV speaking style, you know, that bold, distinct tone he always had, and it's just so weird - but also funny)

Odds of this "tell-all book" ever coming out?

Probably pretty slim. And Sean? When you're in a hole the smartest thing you can do is to stop digging. After his little "exchange" with Deadspin I'd say his plan to "clear his name" and restore his reputation is off to an incredible start.

That said, I'd still love to see a nasty "tell-all" about the "World Wide Leader." Unfortunately it looks like Mr. Salisbury may be the one writing it and as he has clearly demonstrated, he's bat- :censored::censored:-ing crazy so ESPN already has a pretty solid defense against any claims Salisbury might make in the book. Too bad. I'd love to see ESPN exposed for...well anything. I do my best to stay away from too much "hating" around here but ESPN drives me f-ing nuts. It's probably because I'm old enough to remember how great ESPN used to be and what they've become over the years aggravates the living :censored: out of me.

BB52Big.jpg

Once again, I'm off to the Meadowlands to see the Jets face off against the Titans...er...Titans face the Oilers...that'll be weird, sorta.

Sheppard and Strickland are out for the Jets today, so if they're going to win, they can't let Collins have any time. If they can get to him like they did Brady though, they SHOULD be able to pull it out. Of course, it's the ever-dangerous 2-0 team vs. the way to good to be 0-2 matchup which I fear...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

To the surprise of no one, the Ravens are walking all over the Ravens.

EDIT: ...And the Golden Boy Brady (Quinn, that is) has been yanked. DA#3 is now in at QB. Open can of worms, perhaps? Who knows?

EDIT #2: ...and as I type that, DA#3 throws an INT.

Meanwhile, in another part of the NFL universe, the Jaguars are actually leading? In Houston? On Battle Red day? This can't last.

Turning an eye to the north, it looks like I might make good on my Lions upset pick. Hold on there, Lions...

(...And I'm not wasting any keystrokes on my Buccaneers here.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived