2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same old Bungles!!! :shocked:

"Hi, my team just lost to the Lions on a DPI call during a Hail Mary and also gave up 38 points to a Scott Linehan coached offense. I am in no position to ridicule any NFL team."

I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you. I know my Browns suck. In fact it was good for them to lose to the Lions for draft positioning. I was just stating that if the Bengals want to be considered an elite team they got to win against teams like that.

I've always wondered what went into a pissing contest/pissing match.

Is it a multipart competition based on speed, distance, accuracy, volume? Are there a team of judges who will evaluate the color, consistency, and fragrance? Is there some kind of a pissing match tournament at the end of the season in which the top pissers converge and show off how well they can piss? If I drink vitamin enhanced water, would I be cheating? Actually, I've got to go piss right now, so does that mean I'm off to practice? Is there a pissing match training regimen? If I get in a pissing match, I need to make sure that I am in the pissing zone!

One version of a 'pissing' contest that happened in the school I went to was basically how far up thew wall could you piss. Fairly gross really, but when you are 13 and bored, and want to pretend to be a man, I guess anything will keep you amused!

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pissing_contest

pissing contest (plural pissing contests)

(idiomatic, vulgar, slang) An immature dispute over some trivial matter.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I have been pondering who I would back in a potential Colts-Saints Superbowl. My natural inclination is usually to back the AFC team. (That my natural British support for the underdog growing up in the 80s and 90s). But the Saints are the natural underdogs of the NFL so my whole underdog thing comes in again. (Plus they share a nickname with my favourite soccer team!) And somehow the Colts have never been a team I am drawn to.

That's easy. The Saints because they've never been there.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

"Hi, my team just lost to the Lions on a DPI call during a Hail Mary and also gave up 38 points to a Scott Linehan coached offense. I am in no position to ridicule any NFL team."

I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you. I know my Browns suck. In fact it was good for them to lose to the Lions for draft positioning. I was just stating that if the Bengals want to be considered an elite team they got to win against teams like that.

Is it a multipart competition based on speed, distance, accuracy, volume? Are there a team of judges who will evaluate the color, consistency, and fragrance? Is there some kind of a pissing match tournament at the end of the season in which the top pissers converge and show off how well they can piss? If I drink vitamin enhanced water, would I be cheating? Actually, I've got to go piss right now, so does that mean I'm off to practice? Is there a pissing match training regimen? If I get in a pissing match, I need to make sure that I am in the pissing zone!

One version of a 'pissing' contest that happened in the school I went to was basically how far up thew wall could you piss. Fairly gross really, but when you are 13 and bored, and want to pretend to be a man, I guess anything will keep you amused!

http://en.wiktionary...pissing_contest

Um...I knew that already. I'm kind of intelligent.

I was just trying to have a little fun here. I'm a 'Skins fan. I need to be able to have NFL thread related fun of SOME sort.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

http://en.wiktionary...pissing_contest

Um...I knew that already. I'm kind of intelligent.

I was just trying to have a little fun here. I'm a 'Skins fan. I need to be able to have NFL thread related fun of SOME sort.

I feel your pain.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I have been pondering who I would back in a potential Colts-Saints Superbowl. My natural inclination is usually to back the AFC team. (That my natural British support for the underdog growing up in the 80s and 90s). But the Saints are the natural underdogs of the NFL so my whole underdog thing comes in again. (Plus they share a nickname with my favourite soccer team!) And somehow the Colts have never been a team I am drawn to.

That's easy. The Saints because they've never been there.

Well its a long way off, and I would imagine that along the way, one or other of the teams will have a miss hap or two, but in the end, I would imagine that I would root for the Saints if that was the Superbowl match up.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been pondering who I would back in a potential Colts-Saints Superbowl. |

*points to username*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

(I know, different Saints. But too easy!)

Both Aaron Kampman and Al Harris will undergo season-ending surgery to repair Torn ACL's, horrible horrible news.

And more bad news is that Chris McAlister, Ty Law and Mike McKenzie have all been signed.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

VERY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

So much for winning another game this year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Both Aaron Kampman and Al Harris will undergo season-ending surgery to repair Torn ACL's, horrible horrible news.

And more bad news is that Chris McAlister, Ty Law and Mike McKenzie have all been signed.

hey , mike mckenzie is back :P but in all seriousness this is really bad. they need their defense to keep them in the wild card hunt.

glossysig5.png

One thing about Fischer: He's a damned fine handsome man. Kinda like Tom Selleck with Don Johnson's wardrobe. If I had to describe it one word, it would be "scrumtrelescent".

...Oh, and the Bengals were highly disappointing this week.

Sigs are for sissies.

One thing about Fischer: He's a damned fine handsome man. Kinda like Tom Selleck with Don Johnson's wardrobe. If I had to describe it one word, it would be "scrumtrelescent".

...Oh, and the Bengals were highly disappointing this week.

I was not trying to really mock him. Gray slacks are easy to find, but "khaki" style in gray is apparently a forgotten industry, hence we see too many coaches with tops that do not deserve or need tan pants.

Also on pants talk, in DAL yesterday, the officials wore the cold weather gear with the roof closed for a 1 PM game. Tonight in HOU, the officials are wearing white and short sleeves.

Bob McNair's iced tea looked spiked at the 6:30 mark of Q2.

Dennis Dixon was a good QB at Oregon, but if the Steelers have to rely on him next week they are huge trouble. They need to get Willie Parker and Mendenhall cranked up and fast.

From a Raven's fans perspective I'm hardly worried about the defense and whether or not we'd have to face Roethlisberger. I'm justing hoping to see an offense like we had earlier in the season. The difference in the offense from the first 3 games to the last 3 games is astonishing. We've gone from unstoppable to the 2000 offense. I think next week will be a defense struggle, possibly a 6-3 game.

Stat for haters to chew on: Vince Young is 4-0 against the Texans. And 4-0 as a starter this season.

I found myself wanting to pull for the Texans last night, just simply because that team hasn't really "been there" yet (on the cusp of the playoffs). But...ultimately, I found myself pulling for the Titans, solely because of Vince Young. No matter what critics may say about the guy (he has to learn how to pass out of the pocket! He can't throw the ball accurately! He can't last long in the NFL if he keeps freelancing outside the pocket! all that kind of stuff), the guy simply wins. And he does it his own way. The other thing is that I'm glad Jeff Fisher and his offensive coaching staff had enough sense to tailor their offense to Vince's strengths, allowing Vince to shine, rather than the other way around approach many other coaches use, trying to turn a player into something they think should fit their offense...that's good coaching, right there. Last night, they reaped the benefits. (Of course, having Chris Johnson playing in the same backfield certainly helps...that guy is something else.)

Vince was on point last night--with his passes, with his feet. And I'm sure that playing in Houston added extra incentive/motivation for him. I, for one, am happy for him, and hope his success continues.

As far as the Texans go...they are justaboutthisclose to making it to that next level. They looked really good last night (both their play and their choice of uniform, I might add). But something about that last drive just didn't sit right with me. It looked and felt as if they were playing simply to get the game into OT, rather than trying to play for the win. Schaub was having success throwing the ball last night. I felt they should have continued to do so, go for the six, and if that didn't work, then try for the tie/OT. But trying that from damn near 50 yards away, when their kicker missed a previous would-be game winner from about that far ago just a week or two ago, just didn't seem too smart to me. That's on Kubiak, there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As per ''Flex Scheduling'' The big game between the Cardinals & Vikings in Week 13 has been moved to Sunday night replacing the Pats/Dolphins.

Good. I'm tired of hearing Joe Buck and Troy Aikman slurp Brett Favre. Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels deserve their chance to verbally fellate St. Brett too!

Does this mean they're going to flex out the Vikings regularly scheduled appearance two weeks later?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

As per ''Flex Scheduling'' The big game between the Cardinals & Vikings in Week 13 has been moved to Sunday night replacing the Pats/Dolphins.

Good. I'm tired of hearing Joe Buck and Troy Aikman slurp Brett Favre. Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels deserve their chance to verbally fellate St. Brett too!

Does this mean they're going to flex out the Vikings regularly scheduled appearance two weeks later?

They did to this weeks game against the Bears and moved it to one of the late games where guess who Buck and Aikman get to be horrible commentators.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived