Got an old project featured on TheDieline.com

andrewharrington

This may sound a little bit weird, but the only thing I don't like about it, is that it looks too upscale. It now looks like it's perfume and not tequila. I will agree that the use of that particular font, is now over-done. The first time I saw it, I loved it, but then I realized that just about everyone who has a pc uses it for everything. I don't know how many flyers I see using that font, or how many restaurants also. It's like brush script, once you see it then you realize it's all over the place. I would've loved to see you create a unique wordmark for it. Great job though.

This may sound a little bit weird, but the only thing I don't like about it, is that it looks too upscale. It now looks like it's perfume and not tequila. I will agree that the use of that particular font, is now over-done. The first time I saw it, I loved it, but then I realized that just about everyone who has a pc uses it for everything. I don't know how many flyers I see using that font, or how many restaurants also. It's like brush script, once you see it then you realize it's all over the place. I would've loved to see you create a unique wordmark for it. Great job though.

I don't know. I don't really see 'everyone who has a PC' shelling out for premium fonts. I do see Neutraface a lot, but not nearly as much as Gotham, and mostly in appropriate places, which can't be said for most overused fonts.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think he's talking about Algerian, the font they currently use on the Patron label.

YES! That's the name of the font! Since I switched over to a make, it's not on my computer and I keep forgetting the name.

Archived