Chiefs concept

DanDismounts

BTW the colors are Orange and Black because there's a local high school with the Chiefs mascot and they're colors are Orange and Black...so those of you assuming I did this for the KC Chiefs or something and are going to comment on the colors...there's your answer as to why it's not Red or Yellow

dd-1.jpg

DAN|dismounts

Quick question: How'd you get that double-outline on your logos? I can't figure out how to do it for the life of me.

(please disregard if you're not using Adobe Illustrator)

The logo looks sharp! I'm not sold on the typeface you chose, but I really dig the logo.

Sigs are for sissies.

Quick question: How'd you get that double-outline on your logos? I can't figure out how to do it for the life of me.

The logo looks sharp! I'm not sold on the typeface you chose, but I really dig the logo.

Srry I'm using CorelDraw X4. In there I had to manually draw a line around the logo, then I added an orange outline to that and filled the shape with white and moved the layer under the original black logo

dd-1.jpg

DAN|dismounts

One way is to put a stroke on the image, then copy it, paste to the back, and increase the stroke on the image in the back until you can see it. In this case the image in the back would have the largest, orange stroke; and the image in the front is black with white stroke.

Or, you can use the offset path function. Which is easier.

What I do is usually offset path everything that's along the outside of the logo, then make them all one shape (using the pathfinder palette) and send it behind everything else. Then it should (you may have to do some tinkering) be one huge blob that goes around the whole logo, then just offset path again for the second outline.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

It's a nice idea but it needs work.

The face looks pretty twisted, the eyes and eyebrows are going in one direction and the tip of the nose and mouth are going off at slightly different angle and as mentioned earlier the ear is way to high. The shadow on the farthest cheek is too big and the eye farthest away appears bigger than the one closest to us.

I dont have a problem with the detail in the headdress but I think you need to change up the way it ends slightly as it looks awfully like a fish tail and when removed from the Chief's head or the Wordmark because you have decided to leave off what would be the other side the whole thing looks a little odd. I think it may be that the curve of the headband part doesn't follow what would be the natural curve you'd expect.

Hope you dont think I'm being overly critical here, but faces are really hard to do and if the slightest thing is off or out of proportion it's really easy to spot. It's just part of the way humans are programmed to read and recognise faces. The best advice I could give would be go look up some tutorials on drawing the human head, either on-line or in books, ones for comic book characters would probably be best, Marvel did a great book years ago check it out if you can, it'll really help you here.

Like I said it's a nice idea but right now the proportions are letting you down and thats a real shame, with a bit of work though this could be a strong piece.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

It's a nice idea but it needs work.

The face looks pretty twisted, the eyes and eyebrows are going in one direction and the tip of the nose and mouth are going off at slightly different angle and as mentioned earlier the ear is way to high. The shadow on the farthest cheek is too big and the eye farthest away appears bigger than the one closest to us.

I dont have a problem with the detail in the headdress but I think you need to change up the way it ends slightly as it looks awfully like a fish tail and when removed from the Chief's head or the Wordmark because you have decided to leave off what would be the other side the whole thing looks a little odd. I think it may be that the curve of the headband part doesn't follow what would be the natural curve you'd expect.

Hope you dont think I'm being overly critical here, but faces are really hard to do and if the slightest thing is off or out of proportion it's really easy to spot. It's just part of the way humans are programmed to read and recognise faces. The best advice I could give would be go look up some tutorials on drawing the human head, either on-line or in books, ones for comic book characters would probably be best, Marvel did a great book years ago check it out if you can, it'll really help you here.

Like I said it's a nice idea but right now the proportions are letting you down and thats a real shame, with a bit of work though this could be a strong piece.

9erssteve

No way man, I don't have a single problem with you being critical that's why I posted this...I noticed that the headdress alot like a fish when I took it away from everything, I'll try to make some changes and repost this soon. Thanks for all the input!

dd-1.jpg

DAN|dismounts

I think it would be nice to incorporate some orange into the face area and hair and feather. Yet at the same time lose some of the black detail currently there to make it cleaner. or maybe even reducing the number of feathers because now that I look at it again, the feathers really arent that detailed, but still look busy. and thats probably due to the large number of feathers.

Archived