CC Logo Embroidered

Patchez

I've been practicing digitizing art for embroidery...

This looks great; thanks for sharing!

Could you tell us a bit more about how you're digitizing the art for embroidery? I've had a few logos digitized in my day, and I recognize the image as being similar to the digital proofs I was shown that are output by embroidery digitization programs, but that's as far as my understanding of the process goes. Which is to say, I know more about how Twinkies are made than about how logos become embroidery.

Specific questions I would ask:

1. What kind of program(s) are you using?

2. How do you get the art from digital image to embroidery pattern?

3. Why did you decide on the various embroidery elements of this -- for example, the long threads of the C versus the shorter thread strokes in the even larger red and blue areas?

4. How important is texture versus shape and color in terms of choosing what type of stitching to use in any given section?

5. Why are the two bottom outline corners stitched differently than the rest of the corners?

6. In what order would the threads be applied, and why?

20082614447.png

I've been practicing digitizing art for embroidery...

Could you tell us a bit more about how you're digitizing the art for embroidery? I've had a few logos digitized in my day, and I recognize the image as being similar to the digital proofs I was shown that are output by embroidery digitization programs, but that's as far as my understanding of the process goes. Which is to say, I know more about how Twinkies are made than about how logos become embroidery.

3. Why did you decide on the various embroidery elements of this -- for example, the long threads of the C versus the shorter thread strokes in the even larger red and blue areas?

4. How important is texture versus shape and color in terms of choosing what type of stitching to use in any given section?

5. Why are the two bottom outline corners stitched differently than the rest of the corners?

Just do a Search in the Concept section, there's an awesome Tutorial (done on a Thrashers logo)...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

not sure what Patchez uses but...

our embroidery software does the render as part of the conversion (preview). we can take a vector file, import it into the "wings modular" software, and it will auto fill stitches. then we edit the angles of stitch direction, type of stitch fill, assign thread color, gap adjustment, et al until it has the desired look. export to a stitching file, load on the embroidery equipment, and do a sew out (sample).

the preview images can be exported and emailed for "soft proofs".

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Corel DraWings
Using Adobe Illustrator (hate Corel Draw!), I create/edit the vector art. Editing is important in separating elements of common color in order to differentiate them in embroidery (i.e. the black border of the star vs. the black border of the maple leaf).

I import the Illustrator file into Corel Draw to simply export it as a Corel Exchange format (which works best for Corel DraWings).

In DraWings you assign various specs such as target material, thread colors, stitch type, angles, etc.

This is a "soft proof" bitmapped image.

This is the art of digitizing for embroidery, which I am just learning myself. Being a long time collector of sports logo patches, I've seen a lot of embroidery and apply some of what I have seen towards the artwork I am working with at the time. I am a novice though!
Again, it's something I am learning now, but I've been around a patch for two (having a large collection)
That is the direct output of the program. With more experience, I would adjust that for consistency sakes. I did catch it, but let it go this time. Besides, like within some early Native American cultures, complex woven tapestries often had a design flaw... for only God is perfect!
I believe the DraWings software determines that (with perhaps the machine's programming language in mind - there are output options for different machine manufacturers our there!). Again, being new to this (and rather poor!), I have NOT had any files I created actually embroidered yet!

In this design, I gave the red (USA?) and blue (Canada?) equal texture. I emphasized the "C" and all borders for contrast.

My understanding is that the digitizing process is usually a one time rather costly service for most embroiderers. It can be time consuming depending on design and client's input. In this case, I had to create the logo in vector form first, based on a small .gif, so I may have introduced slight variances in the design. But even if one should supply vector art to an embroidery digitizer, the art will more than likely be chopped up in the vector editing program in preparation for further processing.

I have other samples of these embroidered images out there if you search my posts. I will add more if there is interest.

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Using Adobe Illustrator (hate Corel Draw!), I create/edit the vector art. Editing is important in separating elements of common color in order to differentiate them in embroidery (i.e. the black border of the star vs. the black border of the maple leaf).

I import the Illustrator file into Corel Draw to simply export it as a Corel Exchange format (which works best for Corel DraWings).

In DraWings you assign various specs such as target material, thread colors, stitch type, angles, etc.

This is a "soft proof" bitmapped image.

Is there a evaluation versions of Corel Draw and Corel DraWings, so we can all play around with this process?

This is the art of digitizing for embroidery, which I am just learning myself. Being a long time collector of sports logo patches, I've seen a lot of embroidery and apply some of what I have seen towards the artwork I am working with at the time. I am a novice though!

We can tell, you seem to be a pro at it! :D

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived