Bowling Green Cave Shrimp

otherwilds

From the Sally League's new team, the Bowling Green Hot Rods....

Remember when someone may have once told you, "If you see a fork in the road, take it"? What could've been had you listened? In Bowling Green we are going to celebrate "What Could've Been" had Cave Shrimp won the name the team contest last fall. A polarizing name, with people either loving it or hating it, has inspired the Hot Rods staff to ask you, "What Could've Been?" The first 1,000 fans (13 & up) to the game on August 15 will get Cave Shrimp T-shirts courtesy of Southern States.

"What Could've Been" if Elvis were still alive? If Columbus didn't get on that boat? If baseball had 4 strikes and three balls? If Hot Rods were Cave Shrimp? Get it? We want to hear from you. This is all in good natured fun so send us your fun ideas about "What Could've Been." To submit your ideas for "What Could've Been Night", send us an email at caveshrimp@bghotrods.com

caveshrimplogo.jpg

Personally I like this better that the primary "BG" cap logo they chose to keep

RobbyBox2.jpg

LOL, this could be a fun promotion... and a very good minor-league logo too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I had been rallying for "Cave Shrimp" in the name-the-team contest (just like I did Desert Penguins for that which named the now-defunct Surprise Fightin' Falcons).

Good that we'll see that here...could this be inspired by the New Hampshire Primaries night the Fisher Cats run? (I think Primaries is an all-around better identity anyway)

bYhYmxh.png

Both "Primaries" and "Cave Shrimp" are far better than the eventual contest winners.

I think the big thing to remember here is that the "contest" is never really a contest. When a new team is launching, and you have a database of potential ticket buyers somewhere in the range of 0-1, you hold a "name the team" contest to begin building this database.

Now the Plan B gentlemen can counter on what I am about to say (they did the Hot Rods' logo, and I'm guessing they did the Cave Shrimp as well), but I'd say there's a 90-95% chance the owners wanted the "Hot Rods" to be the team name.

Consider how many times we see voting results favor one name and the result is something completely different.

But back on point, I completely agree with Gothamite: Primaries and Cave Shrimp are better names with vastly superior identities. The Hot Rods' overall package, especially the wordmarks on the jerseys, just don't look "right." I'd like to see the start-to-finish breakdown of this project and the Hot Rods vs. Cave Shrimp battle in The Clink Room.

Cards.png

I would so drive to the stadium to try to get one of those shirts but I'm moving that day :mad: . Maybe they'll do this every year. Primaries and Cave shrimp are more unique names than what they have now. I was just searching the web today for anyplace that sells NH Primaries t shirts and couldn't find anything. Don't people realize how how money can be made by selling these to people like us? Does anybody know of any place that sells them?

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Personally, I thought Mammoths was an awesome name and figured it would give Hotrods a run for its money.

I would so drive to the stadium to try to get one of those shirts but I'm moving that day :mad: . Maybe they'll do this every year. Primaries and Cave shrimp are more unique names than what they have now. I was just searching the web today for anyplace that sells NH Primaries t shirts and couldn't find anything. Don't people realize how how money can be made by selling these to people like us? Does anybody know of any place that sells them?

If you visit the store on www.nhfishercats.com, they have some merch when they wore Promaries-inspired gear:

Fisher Cats - Primaries Cap

Primaries Garment Washed Cap

Archived