Michigan State adds state of Michigan decal to helmets

deliver2david

3508151.jpeg

silver lining

-noun

a sign of hope in an unfortunate or gloomy situation; a bright prospect: Every cloud has a silver lining.

EAST LANSING, Mich. - During the 2009 football season, Michigan State will affix a silver outline of the state of Michigan emblem to the back of its football helmets. The placement of "The Silver Lining" decals on the helmets is intended to demonstrate that Michigan State University is committed to ensuring a bright future for the residents of our state. The concept for the helmet sticker originated with a suggestion from Spartan head football coach Mark Dantonio to MSU Athletics Director Mark Hollis. Full Story

Kind of a neat idea given how hard Michigan has been hit by the recession.

I blame Texas teams for this. I swear at every level they have the Texas flag or state somewhere on their unis. This must have made Maryland jealous as well. Now I guess Michigan doesn't want to be left out.

KISSwall09.jpg

3508151.jpeg

silver lining

-noun

a sign of hope in an unfortunate or gloomy situation; a bright prospect: Every cloud has a silver lining.

EAST LANSING, Mich. - During the 2009 football season, Michigan State will affix a silver outline of the state of Michigan emblem to the back of its football helmets. The placement of "The Silver Lining" decals on the helmets is intended to demonstrate that Michigan State University is committed to ensuring a bright future for the residents of our state. The concept for the helmet sticker originated with a suggestion from Spartan head football coach Mark Dantonio to MSU Athletics Director Mark Hollis. Full Story

Kind of a neat idea given how hard Michigan has been hit by the recession.

Yeah, I'm sure all the unemployed auto workers will feel really good that an MSU football player has an outline of the state on his helmet. Definitely helps ease the pain.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As much as I love a good slam on Texas (not all of Texas... just the parts that aren't Austin :D), I'm not sure they can be blamed for this. A lot of teams incorporated state outlines on their helmet logos in the 60s and 70s. And a few of them still haven't looked as good as they did then. Ohio immediately comes to mind.

What the hell is the point of the US flag on football helmets? Does anyone forget what country they're playing in? Is the Federal government sanctioning the games? It's pointless.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What the hell is the point of the US flag on football helmets? Does anyone forget what country they're playing in? Is the Federal government sanctioning the games? It's pointless.

Get off our country 9/11NEVARFORGET

Welcome to DrunjFlix

agreed it's just as stupid as the lame ass magnets that people put on their cars...if you really support a cause you put your time or money into it...slapping a decal in support is wrong

During the 2009 football season, Michigan State will affix a silver outline of the state of Michigan emblem to the back of its football helmets. The placement of "The Silver Lining" decals on the helmets is intended to demonstrate that Michigan State University is committed to ensuring a bright future for the residents of our state.

mario-flagpole.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Goddamit, Vet!

I just said how nice it was that we were back to disagreeing, and then you pull out this gem. Disgraceful.

Might as well..

2007_Texas_Longhorn_helmet_bluebonnet.jpg

Texas puts a star for Austin and also adds small stars for each team they beat throughout the season. The bluebonnet on this picture was added for the 2007 season in honor of Lady Bird Johnson who passed shortly before the season. It was only used for that season.

Archived