Celtics Slight Uniform Mod For Next Year

shiznit1083

I just found out from a source inside the organization (One of my good friends' older brother) That the Celtics are looking to slightly modify their uniforms for next season. The most favored idea was going back to the old arched "BOSTON" script on the road uniforms and THE EDITION OF BLACK TO THE UNIFORM SCHEME!!! :puke: Possibly a drop shadow and an outline and the addition of black to the piping. :puke:

I'll keep you guys posted.

Here's the email. I had to get his email address off it.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 4:25 PM

To: Gravito, Michael

Subject:  RE: Sup

Yeah, I think it looks kind of ugly, but we'll see if it even flies.

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 4:17 PM

To: *****@celtics.com

No plop, huh?

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 4:14 PM

You rat.  You're always so nosey.  Well, here's the deal.  Barror wants to change them up a little bit.  He wants one of those retro look, but updated, kind of like those Nike jerseys.  Well, one of the Nike guys was here today to show us ideas and Wyc seems to like green one that has the Boston written across the chest like the old jerseys from the 60's.  It has black around the numbers, like a shadow look to it.  It also has one of those Laker style collars.

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 4:07 PM

What about them???

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 3:47 PM

Subject: RE: Sup

No, actually one of the guys from Nike came.  They're talking about changing up the jerseys a little bit next year.

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 3:42 PM

Same old boring plop?

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 3:40 PM

Not bad.  We just got out of a meeting.

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 1:07 PM

Subject: Sup

What's up chief?  How's work today

so maybe the C's uniforms will look like the concepts I posted up here a few months back, without the gold.

Why would Nike be designing the jerseys? I thought as of next year Reebok was in charge of everything. Doesn't Reebok's full contract with the NBA start next year, where they supply all uniforms, warmups & ref apparel?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah, while they're at it, why don't they change Penn State's football unis, the Red Wings sweater and Tigers home unis...

This (if true) is one of the dumbest things Wyc Grousbeck and co. could ever think of. Absolutely no reason to do this.

Another nail in the coffin that holds Celtic Pride....

patriotssignature.png

yeah, it's adding black for the sake of black

But I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and not pass opinions until I see the new unis. Who knows? It might work.

As traditional as the Celtics unis are, they are monochrome. If adding a little black can add a little depth to everything and modernize it whie still retaining its integrity, go for it. I'll use the Cincinnati Reds as an example. Not counting the black sleeves, I think they did a great job adding black to a monochrome (red & white) color scheme. Black is the only color that could have been added without looking like a drastic re-design. Now the Reds look modern, but still retain the same imagery as the Big Red Machine of the 70s.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Here's the thing, the Celtics look modern the way they are! The jerseys are timeless themselves. They added the clover a while back and that was a nice addition but to change the "Celtics" text and the look of the letters is just WRONG even if it does include black.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Mike is right about this one.

My dad works for a supplier to Reebok, and talks to guys there a lot. One of his friends was bitching to him this week about losing the Celtic business to Nike. Wehn my dad asked what happened, the guy told him the same story as above. It was interesting to hear it form the inside viewpoint. This guy was telling my dad, all pissed. Apparently, they asked Reebok to come up with some 'retro' looks to change to, and Reebok showed them stuff that was VERY similar. I guess Barror wanted the black, and Reebok didn't show it to him.

Oh well. I like the change. It will look very cool. More retro and classic.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

hey people ... might this post have anything to do with the DATE it was posted?? hmm??

:therock:

anyways, not really high on it. i can only guess this is gonna be Liongate all over again.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived