Texas Stars

Korbyn

Aww, crap-on-a-stick. Well, that certainly bolsters my Iowa Stars nostalgia.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

as i said on my blog (which you claim to read, korbyn!!!!) i'm not convinced that's the real uniform... i think they just photoshopped it together real fast since it wouldn't make since to have a DALLAS jersey, when they're trying to promote a game in austin. i think they tried to get neutral by using vishnevskiy in a jersey that says STARS... a player that's sorta part of both teams, in a uniform that uses a shared team name.

i'd be surprised if that was the real uniform... but that's not me saying that it's not... just that it's not enough of a leak for me to believe it's legit.

as i said on my blog (which you claim to read, korbyn!!!!) i'm not convinced that's the real uniform... i think they just photoshopped it together real fast since it wouldn't make since to have a DALLAS jersey, when they're trying to promote a game in austin. i think they tried to get neutral by using vishnevskiy in a jersey that says STARS... a player that's sorta part of both teams, in a uniform that uses a shared team name.

i'd be surprised if that was the real uniform... but that's not me saying that it's not... just that it's not enough of a leak for me to believe it's legit.

In my defense, I have just moved and didn't have a internet connection ... the last time I visited was the 14th, after the 1990's uniform project.

I just checked out the blog and was excited to see you have continued to update it, keep it up man i am still reading :P

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Their logo got me thinking. What if you removed the Texas above the star, replaced it with Dallas, remove the light green patches and just use one green for the star? It could be a nice update for the Dallas logo.

The best Stars update IMO, would be using the Old Iowa Stars logo and replacing the IOWA with DALLAS.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I actually like the jersey with Stars on the front. The logo is awful though, the star looks terrible.

I hate hockey jerseys with anything written like that on the front (i.e. Dallas and Atlanta). Leave that style to basketball and keep hockey styles to hockey jerseys.

believew.jpg

To me, they should have done the primary logo in the same style as the Dallas Stars logo, except have it say "Texas" instead of "Stars" (as opposed to on top of "Stars"), so that the top of the star forms the "A" in "Texas". Then for the secondary, use a green, black and gold version of the Texas state flag.

CCSLC signature.png

To me, they should have done the primary logo in the same style as the Dallas Stars logo, except have it say "Texas" instead of "Stars" (as opposed to on top of "Stars"), so that the top of the star forms the "A" in "Texas". Then for the secondary, use a green, black and gold version of the Texas state flag.

The reason "Stars" works as a word with that logo is because the A is in the middle of the word. It would be off centered with the A in "Texas". It would be TEX/\S.

What they really should have done was go head first into the whole South Stars or Lone Stars thing. Base the team's identity off of the North Stars rather than the Dallas Stars. At the very least, it would have been a different twist, and it would be great for marketing and whatnot.

Lone Stars would not work because "Lone" means singular, "Stars" is plural. While I don't care for South Stars it is still better than Lone Stars.

Well it worked for The Lone Rangers

lone-rangers.jpg

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Lone Stars would not work because "Lone" means singular, "Stars" is plural. While I don't care for South Stars it is still better than Lone Stars.

This is a misunderstanding of the grammar and origins of corporate plurals. Going back to Middle English, the plural attaches regardless of the true number of the word itself when discussing a group of the individuals who make up a corporate body named for the word. So for example while Prince Henry is obviously a single person who cannot be plural, members of an army regiment or crewmembers of a ship named for Prince Henry would be called, collectively, Prince Henrys. Due to later linguistic practice in the nineteenth century, sports teams were named using the group-of-individuals plural rules. So Lone Stars is entirely correct.

Not also that if one objects to "Lone Stars" one must also object to "North Stars," since by definition there can be only one North Star; the adjective "north" in this instance defines the noun as singular just as strongly as does the adjective "lone."

20082614447.png

You're still right, but you also apply more thought to everything than most peole are willing to do: for most of us, the semantic dissonance of twenty Lone Stars is enough to ruin it.

I think "Stars" is just fine, by the way. That they moved to a place where "Star" still had some meaning was pretty fortunate. You know what would've been even more fortunate? If the NHL of 1993 had the same passion for maintaining the integrity of its footprint irrespective of bad business that the NHL of 2009 has, and went all out to keep hockey in the Twin Cities while awarding Dallas the expansion team they probably deserved. Then we wouldn't be saddled with the youth soccer lameness of "the Minnesota Wild." Go Wild!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

the best logo for them would be to take the stars primary logo, and replace the word DALLAS with AUSTIN.

and be the austin stars.

You are one sick puppy :rolleyes:

At least he didn't petition to name the team the Powers or the City Limits.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

the best logo for them would be to take the stars primary logo, and replace the word DALLAS with AUSTIN.

and be the austin stars.

You are one sick puppy :rolleyes:

I must be missing the joke...what's wrong with Austin Stars?

Makes more sense than Texas Stars...considering there are teams in Houston and San Antonio.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i meant no joke... it sounds better, makes more sense, and looks better in the layout of the traditional stars logo...

i don't like the idea of dallas being the parent club of texas... doesn't that seem backwards? lol.

dallas being the parent club of austin makes more sense... but i guess cedar park has a problem with being lumped together with the city it's a suburb of.

Archived