GAA Hockey

Sigma Kappa

Hi guys...This is my fantasy project called "GAA Hockey".

GAA stands for Gaelic Athletic Association,which is sporting organization in Ireland focused on promoting Gaelic games such as hurling,handball,camogie and Gaelic football...

There is 32 counties in Ireland and every county has its own non-professional team,which supporters are very passionate about.

You could find something like 6 amateur ice-hockey clubs and 2 ice rings in this country....Ireland is really "hockey dwarf"....but....imagine it is not,imagine all 32 counties with their hockey team....

and here they come...

...hockey team LIMERICK...

LimerickLogoSheet.png

...jerseys

LimerickJerseys.png

...what do you think guys???.... C&C

THANX!!!

sks7copy-4.png

LimerickJerseys.png

Like the set, only critique I can offer is that the aspect of the logo on the home and away kits looks off.

Maybe the sleeve numbers are a little big, as a double digit number would take up far too much space.

Very nice indeed! But...I think the white and green jerseys need something at the bottom. You have it with the black jersey but not the other two, perhaps it was an oversight.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

...thanx for all your comments guys,I appreciate that...

to Gueman:

No it wasn't an oversight ...I just tried to make simple and clean jerseys here and I put stripes on that dark green ....(not black :P ),very very dark green jersey OK!? :D .... to make a contrast with dark green pants.Contrast,which you don't need in other two sets.Thank you for your notice anyway mate!I really appreciate that!!!

and hey ... SenatorJake! They don't know any Sidney Crosby here,man :D

sks7copy-4.png

to Gueman:

No it wasn't an oversight ...I just tried to make simple and clean jerseys here and I put stripes on that dark green ....(not black :P ),very very dark green jersey OK!? :D .... to make a contrast with dark green pants.Contrast,which you don't need in other two sets.Thank you for your notice anyway mate!I really appreciate that!!!

Here, I thought that on the black jersey, below the stick, there's a white stripe that appears, where as the white and green ones don't have a different colored stripe.

Then again, that was what I took from it.

the third logo is the strongest for a primary. the first logo is ok for a shoulder logo at best. the second logo is just, whatever. it may have seemed like a good idea but its not very functional. it's the best and most honest i can be right now.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

lovely logo. horrific font. if you are going to use the original gaelic spelling, use the original characters also. no capital 'e's.

I know what you mean,but...it would be boring to use Celtic font only,'cause I'm going to use just original Gaelic names of the counties in this project and remember there are 32 counties :rolleyes: (I think,that it's very boring to see same or similar font all the time)

Thank you for your critics mate.

sks7copy-4.png

no, im not suggesting using a stock standard 'celtic' font. use a standard font, but alter it to give it a more authentic feel.

the text as you have it at the moment is strange and anachronistic and doesnt actually read as limerick in gaelic with the 'es' as they are.

here are a few examples of standard text altered to use gaelic characters:

35576663.gaelicsign.jpg

guinness_gaelic.jpg

the-gaelic-athlete.jpg

Tried a couple of variations on celtic style 'E's and 'A's to illustrate Fraser's point.

Serpentine's kind of blocky, so the 'E's aren't really rounded enough to look truly gaelic, but I think the modified 'A's give it just enough flavour to suit our purpose. (Not actually gaelic lettering, but similar enough to be evocative of it)

Limerick.gif

Tried a couple of variations on celtic style 'E's and 'A's to illustrate Fraser's point.

Serpentine's kind of blocky, so the 'E's aren't really rounded enough to look truly gaelic, but I think the modified 'A's give it just enough flavour to suit our purpose. (Not actually gaelic lettering, but similar enough to be evocative of it)

Limerick.gif

I am not a designer.That's why I am here.I'm here,on this board to learn from you guys...and it helps!Thank you.I got your point now.That second script looks really good Gordie,thank you man!

sks7copy-4.png

• 4 weeks later...

nice. thats much more like what i had in mind with regards to text.

very small point, nit-picking really, but neither of these have a particularly irish feel to them.

here are some logos from the magners league. the teams are the four provinces: munster, leinster, ulster and connacht.

Magners-League-logo.gif

munster_rugby-766951.jpg

0-Leinster-Logo.gif

Ulster-Logo.jpg

Ezine-Connacht-Logo-White.jpg

im not altogether sure that all of these are great examples, but i think they all take elements of local heraldic symbols.

might be of use.

Archived