2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I bitch about my team taking too many penalties, but thats Alex Semins, Mike Greens, Brendan Morrisons, et alls fault. Stupid selfish penalties cost you games. Once the Caps start being a more disciplined team, thats when they will take off.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bitch about my team taking too many penalties, but thats Alex Semins, Mike Greens, Brendan Morrisons, et alls fault. Stupid selfish penalties cost you games. Once the Caps start being a more disciplined team, thats when they will take off.

+1

Besides that, the Caps have yet to put a complete game together. When they have had chances to blow teams out of the water, they let the opposition come back late in the second period or even in the third. They need to develop a killer instinct before the end of the year or 2010 will be another roller coaster ride.

+1

Besides that, the Caps have yet to put a complete game together. When they have had chances to blow teams out of the water, they let the opposition come back late in the second period or even in the third. They need to develop a killer instinct before the end of the year or 2010 will be another roller coaster ride.

Well, i'd argue they've put together 2 complete games, the opener vs Boston and the game vs San Jose. But i see your point. I dont think the Caps need to put in a mindset about running up the score on teams, but i'd like them to adopt a more defensive posture when theyre up late (and to that point, on the pp where they give up more SH opportunities than anyone would like to see). I dont care if they gotta adopt that 1-4 Jersey uses, whatever it takes to close out games, its not quite "unleashing the fury" but the team needs to learn how to win, still.

Im thinking hard of jumping on the "Trade Semin" bandwagon but im resisting.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

+1

Well, i'd argue they've put together 2 complete games, the opener vs Boston and the game vs San Jose. But i see your point. I dont think the Caps need to put in a mindset about running up the score on teams, but i'd like them to adopt a more defensive posture when theyre up late (and to that point, on the pp where they give up more SH opportunities than anyone would like to see). I dont care if they gotta adopt that 1-4 Jersey uses, whatever it takes to close out games, its not quite "unleashing the fury" but the team needs to learn how to win, still.

Im thinking hard of jumping on the "Trade Semin" bandwagon but im resisting.

I'd trade Green.

and the NHL referees' vendetta against the Ducks grows...

I can't believe the refs actually call penalties on the Anaheim Ducks. There should be an investigation.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't ever call penalties on the Ducks.

I'm saying there is always a huge discrepancy in penalties between the Ducks and their opponents. Sometimes they are justified, but there are a large number of invisible penalties called on the Ducks. More than I've ever seen for other teams.

NO, THERE IS NOT. STOP WHINING. The NHL, save for the NFL, expects their officials to perform at a higher level than any other major sport league. This is not a Ducks vs. the world issue. It's the game, :censored:ING DEAL WITH IT.

If you don't like it, don't watch. Or, you know, they could play without referees. Whatever you prefer.

Sorry for being such a bitch about this, but as a referee, I can not STAND when people have the nerve to say :censored: like this.

I'm not just saying this as one fan.

A majority of Ducks fans share this opinion.

Even members of the team, the coach, and of all people Scott Niedermayer have been quoted on this very same opinion. They believe that this whole "the Ducks are goons" thing follows them around, and instead of giving the Ducks the benefit of the doubt, they call it.

Hell, Hockey Night in Canada czar Don Cherry said it last season. So if the face of the Canadian TV media is taking notice of this for our poor little sun belt team, it has to be noted.

There are times I wished they didn't have referees, but we all know the game couldn't work like that.

I know Ducks games are on past some of your guys bed times, but stay up sometimes and watch a few Ducks games, and more than one. Make some observations and tell me I am specifically wrong. Until then, this is America and I hold my opinion.

Holy Freaking Cow! Are you friggin' serious?! Did you just post that?! You just proved what I've believed for years. Ducks fans are as a collective group the least knowledgeable fans in the game. I'm sorry you all listen to the biggest idiot ever to broadcast a hockey game, but Brian Heyward has no clue on hockey. He's just a friggin' whiner. He has never seen a penalty that the Ducks take as a penalty and he will always think that anyone who comes within 100 feet of a Duck is a penalty. He's a joke and stop watching him and stop listening to him. You all have been brainwashed by an idiot who doesn't know the game. I've watched the Ducks and the penalties they take are legit as they are against the Kings, Rangers, or whatever team you want to throw out there. If you're taking a lot of penalties, then you are a lazy team and aren't moving your feet. Stop with this crap about there's a standard against the Ducks and the refs call more penalties on the Ducks. Yeah, and they are deserved. You know how bad it is? Heyward after the game said the Ducks are not tough and taking dumb penalites. When Heyward says that, it's bad. Oh and the Ducks taking a lot of penalties? Look no further than the man behind the bench. It's his duty to get them to play properly, not the referees, so the fact that they are a lazy team that takes dumb penalties is not an agenda by the league against the Ducks. I am tired of Ducks fans whining like Heyward about too many penalties, try actually watching the game and understanding how it's played.

Spare me.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Hayward or Alhers. I prefer our radio guys.

I make these decisions on my own. I know more hockey than you think. I grew up with hockey. I've played many years of hockey.

I didn't say every penalty was bad. I said some. Probably 1 out of every 4 penalties on average is a bad call. The Ducks take a lot of penalties, and therein the ratio gets larger, because of the system. The system brings a reputation.

So yes the Ducks take penalties because of how they play. But that reputation follows, and if a ref is on the border of calling a penalty or not, it seems as if they are more inclined to reach for the whistle than not in those situations against the Ducks.

That's my opinion. No need to take down the Ducks fanbase.

Anyways, Go Ducks

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The system brings a reputation? What system? Lazy hockey players who are out of position? What system? If the Ducks are taking penalties they have only themselves to blame. I'm tired of Duck fans as a whole whining about the penalties their team takes and then they refuse to look at the source, the players and the coaches who refuse to fix the problem. If you have a problem, look in the mirror and start fixing yourself and that is what the Ducks need to do, fix their problem. When you hook someone, or trip someone, don't give me crap about how the refs have it out for you. When you take multiple penalties like the Ducks do, don't blame the refs. Every team gets screwed by a bad call, and yet as a whole, Duck fans cry the loudest. If you say that you know hockey, then stop whining about the penalties the Ducks receive and honestly look at the calls and you'll see they are legit. If you know hockey then you must not watch games other than the Ducks, because I can't figure out how anyone has this idea that the Ducks are receiving penalties based on reputation. Stop pulling excuses out of your butt for a team that ever since Brian Burke came aboard became an undisciplined team and it's continued until today. Admit you have undisciplined players, that's the real issue Duck fans refuse to admit.

I was saying the way the system has to be played out.

Being physical, playing defense first, cycling the puck down low, board play, agressive forecheck.

The Ducks play better when they are physical. In turn, the Ducks try to be physical at any cost, and this does work against the Ducks. Sometimes they get overly physical and well they take some penalties

So being as physical as they are, the Ducks get the label of goons.

That's the label I'm saying they have by way of the system they play.

More marginal penalties arw called on the Ducks. That's what I mean to say.

And truth be told hooking and tripping are the smaller of their penalty woes.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Leafs gained another point - 4-3 OT loss to Dallas.

The silver lining - Gustavsson can actually play and the team in front of him are beginning to show they know what hockey is. At the same time, Dallas is one of 3 teams out of a total of 10 that has given up at least a point to Toronto. Once again, it was the battle of two crappy teams. :P

Two crappy teams eh ... :rolleyes:

It was a good game, kind of had a playoff atmosphere at the end. But I guess that makes sense since the Leafs are playing for their playoff lives in October.

dallas should not be taking the leafs to OT, they damn sure should not be losing to a panthers team that sucks across the board and nashville i don't even think scored more than 2 goals ina game all season long suddenly sinks 3 the 3rd period. the starlits are going to have a long season if they keep losing to teams that at this point sucks across the board.

The only thing that is saving us right now is the OL column ...

at some point those OTL is going to start turning in to regular losses. they can keep taking teams to shootouts and expecting to win, especially when they lost every shootout they've been involved with this year.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Iginla broke out in a big way tonight and CuMac filled in marvelously for the ill Kiprusoff.

The refs giving the Flames a PP in OT can usually help as well.

Honestly I thought if the puck was shot in to the crowd anywhere and it wasn't tipped it was a penalty, but the Stars weren't the first team screwed by a penalty this season.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Iginla broke out in a big way tonight and CuMac filled in marvelously for the ill Kiprusoff.

The refs giving the Flames a PP in OT can usually help as well.

Honestly I thought if the puck was shot in to the crowd anywhere and it wasn't tipped it was a penalty. But the Stars weren't the first team screwed by a penalty this season.

If it's shot into the crowd without deflecting, WHILE IN YOUR DEFENSIVE ZONE, then it's a delay of game.

If it's what happened last night, it's a blown call and the refs handed Calgary the game.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

old news. This came out at the end of last season. Their lease sucks and the economy sucks so people aren't going to hockey games. The sin tax didn't make the ballot so we'll have to see where it goes. Hopefully they just renegotiate the lease and everything will be cleard up.

PvO6ZWJ.png

old news. This came out at the end of last season. Their lease sucks and the economy sucks so people aren't going to hockey games. The sin tax didn't make the ballot so we'll have to see where it goes. Hopefully they just renegotiate the lease and everything will be cleard up.

Here's hoping they stay in Columbus. I've never been to Ohio yet, but a future Caps-Jackets game sounds enticing.

Here's hoping they stay in Columbus. I've never been to Ohio yet, but a future Caps-Jackets game sounds enticing.

You will enjoy.

That said isn't the city/state looking into buying Nationwide specifically to rework the Jackets' lease and sell it back to nationwide?

6fQjS3M.png

Archived