2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

They still have to beat the Kings tonight, which they'd damn well better do after yesterday's embarrassment. If you play sloppier than the Anaheim Ducks, you need to stop and think about where you are in life.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B's/Sens tonight. Hopefully the Bruins can rebound after a tough loss to the Devils yesterday in a shootout. Hoping to attend Wednesday's game in Boston against Tampa Bay, as well.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

And the defense injury situation is all but done with now, as Goligoski and Letang return for the pens tonight, and McKee hoping to be back by Monday.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Just in case anyone cares, you're allowed to hit a goaltenders glove with your stick to knock the puck out and into the net. Who knew?

NHL officiating, it's a funny joke.

I don't know what game the incident in question you are referring to happened in because I don't care, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was a Blues game.

It was. And it didn't effect the outcome. I'd probably see that crap in other games if I watched more, but I mainly watch Blues games. And in the games I watch, they just continue to find new ways to be awful.

The only impact of that missed call was that it took a shutout away from Chris Mason, but that's relatively minor.

Just in case anyone cares, you're allowed to hit a goaltenders glove with your stick to knock the puck out and into the net. Who knew?

NHL officiating, it's a funny joke.

I don't know what game the incident in question you are referring to happened in because I don't care, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was a Blues game.

While StL's reputation as a homer does precede him, he's right. As a goalie myself I can say it's definitely not cool to try and knock a puck out of a glove.

Thrashers went into the 3rd period down 4-1 against the Hurricanes...and end up winning 6-4. I understand it was against the currently godawful Hurricanes, but still, that's pretty cool. May have to really pay attention to the Thrashers. Philips Arena is actually gonna be pretty fun this winter/spring.

Oops, they did it again. (The Canes, that is.)

IeHVybT.png

Thrashers went into the 3rd period down 4-1 against the Hurricanes...and end up winning 6-4. I understand it was against the currently godawful Hurricanes, but still, that's pretty cool. May have to really pay attention to the Thrashers. Philips Arena is actually gonna be pretty fun this winter/spring.

Didn't the Sabres beat them like 5-1? How is that like going up 3 goals then allowing 5 unanswered?

Hi, how are you?

Didn't the Sabres beat them like 5-1? How is that like going up 3 goals then allowing 5 unanswered?

They allowed 5 in the third period in each game.

The Thrashers are a little frustrating, yet exciting.

They struggle at home, yet are 8-2-1 on the road. They start the games slow, yet have scored the most 3rd-period goals in the NHL.

Now they need to get the Flyer curse off their backs. The Thrashers haven't beaten them since before the lockout, I believe. Now that Nittimaki's no longer with Philadelphia, the Thrashers actually have a chance of winning...

Which they did.

First the Flyer Curse, now the world! B):lol:

They allowed 5 in the third period in each game.

Ah.

My bad.

Hi, how are you?

Ducks lose 3-2 in OT to Phoenix, but Corey Perry extends his points streak to 18 games breaking the tie with Teemu Selanne for the longest streak in Ducks history.

Keep on keepin' on there Corey.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Ducks lose 3-2 in OT to Phoenix, but Corey Perry extends his points streak to 18 games breaking the tie with Teemu Selanne for the longest streak in Ducks history.

It's not hard to get points when you plant your ass in front of the net and just swing at pucks that are fired at you. :P

Look at the wonders it did for Phil Esposito!

But good for him!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

It's not hard to get points when you plant your ass in front of the net and just swing at pucks that are fired at you. :P

Look at the wonders it did for Phil Esposito!

But good for him!

Hahaha very good point.

He's actually been getting a ton of assists lately, and almost had a beautiful goal yesterday, but yea the majority are of the "annoying the goalie and surrounding defensemen long enough to put in the slam dunk rebound" type goal lol :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Congrats to Mike Rupp. Before this year, the most goals he had scored in a season was six.

He put three past King Henrik tonight. And it was his kid's birthday, too! Aww.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Alex the Great initiates a knee on knee hit with Tim Gleason and Alex pays the price leaves the game with a knee injury.

And Keith Ballard put Tomas Vokoun on a stretcher after hitting him in the head with his stick after trying to hit the post in anger after a Thrashers goal.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Canadiens are Canada's team

Well its about the only thing to be proud of lately for us Habs fans

"Of the 1,015 Canadians surveyed, just under half called the Habs the greatest hockey team in history, while two-thirds agreed the Montreal Canadiens are to hockey what the New York Yankees are to baseball."

Yes... that provides SUCH an accurate survey representing Canada. If they had gone for 10-20,000 then maybe I'd give it more credit. Too much unknown information about the survey to give it any real weight. <_<

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Canadiens are Canada's team

Well its about the only thing to be proud of lately for us Habs fans

"Of the 1,015 Canadians surveyed, just under half called the Habs the greatest hockey team in history, while two-thirds agreed the Montreal Canadiens are to hockey what the New York Yankees are to baseball."

Yes... that provides SUCH an accurate survey representing Canada. If they had gone for 10-20,000 then maybe I'd give it more credit. Too much unknown information about the survey to give it any real weight. <_<

Twenty-four Cups to 13 for the Leafs. I suppose it all depends on your criteria for determining how a team should be considered for such a distinction, I guess.

Nope, that's pretty much it. Habs win.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived