Reebok Swingman NHL Jerseys

pittfan11

Hey guys, I was wondering everyone's opinion on the Reebok Replica Premier jerseys. How satisfied have you guys been with yours, and how do you think they compare to the old CCM and Koho jerseys? They seem pretty cool.

I just got mine in the mail today:

09-19-09_0035.jpg

mav23.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I was wondering everyone's opinion on the Reebok Replica Premier jerseys. How satisfied have you guys been with yours, and how do you think they compare to the old CCM and Koho jerseys? They seem pretty cool.

I just got mine in the mail today:

09-19-09_0035.jpg

I love the Reebox Edge jerseys.. I have a blank replica premier of the Vancouver Canucks Home jersey. It is very comfy and light (not too lightweight)..

Although.. I can't wear it anymore since it is been signed by Ryan Kesler.. I'm planning to get another one soon..

I have a hurricanes jersey and what ruins it for me is the following: higher price and lower quality materials. Paying more for screenprinted shoulder patches and a thinner material that's picks on everylittle thing. I do like the softer feeling of the jersey. Reminds me more of the old heavyweight Starter jerseys.

To the OP, where did you purchase your lecavlier jersey? Are the name and numbers tackle-twill or are they screenprinted?

Cheap, unfortunately. The old Koho/CCM were leaps and bounds ahead (in terms of quality and jersey life). I have three Flyers jerseys (home/road/alt, home being the first I bought) and after just ONE run in the washer/dryer (following the directions on the tag) the logo got all ****ed up. The thread around part of the logo frayed and a bit of the logo peeled away from the jersey. I remember I used to be able to wash the old Koho/CCM ragged, yet not "ragged." I'd wash them cold, warm, hot, whatever, and never had any problem with running colors, fraying threads, peeling logos/numbers or anything. And I used to own a variety of teams back during the old Koho/CCM. Sharks, Wild, Coyotes, All Star (from Colorado), Flyers, Flames. They ALL held up wash after wash. Now I'm actually afraid to wash my jerseys. I have yet to wash the alternate and have only washed the white one once. I know some could argue that "you get what you pay for," but these ****ing things are more expensive than the old replicas and 10 times worse.

Are your jerseys all numbered / lettered for the young goalies that the Flyers gave up on too soon?

Additionally, I don't wear jerseys so I'm not certain about this, but I'd suspect that dry cleaning would be the way to go with these. The edge replicas do seem really thin and cheaply made to me. I'm not sure how the screened-on-twill numbers / patches could possibly hold their color well during a wash, especially on hot. The only jerseys I own ('80s Penguins full-poly (not mesh or air-knit), early '90s Flyers (full wide mesh holes!), mid-'90s Flyers (air-knit Orange)) are all better quality than the edge replicas.

If I were to rank replicas, I'd put NFL replicas number 1, MLB #2 (though they now have the same issues with screened-on-twill), NHL #3, and NBA (non swingman) #4. NBA Swingman would probably be #3, with NHL moving to 4.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are your jerseys all numbered / lettered for the young goalies that the Flyers gave up on too soon?

Give it up already. It's getting annoying.

Let's see here:

In my post, I managed to also include something relative to the topic.

Your post added nothing, and just bumped it up so anyone who was interested could read you telling me to "give up". I'd argue that's more annoying. Perhaps you can find a thread to ruin somewhere with a pointless Sens / Leafs argument. Or just die. Either way.

On topic: searched google for the care instructions for the edge replicas, and got a bunch of results that said "DO NOT Dry Clean". Wasn't able to find anything on the actual sites that the results linked to though, so I'm not sure if that's a valid direction or not. I'm going to be out at a pro-shop today, so I could ask someone there what the best way to care for these things is.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have a hurricanes jersey and what ruins it for me is the following: higher price and lower quality materials. Paying more for screenprinted shoulder patches and a thinner material that's picks on everylittle thing. I do like the softer feeling of the jersey. Reminds me more of the old heavyweight Starter jerseys.

To the OP, where did you purchase your lecavlier jersey? Are the name and numbers tackle-twill or are they screenprinted?

I got mine off a seller on Ebay. The name and number on the back is sewn on, and the numbers and patches on the shoulders are that twill applique. I have an old Koho Wild jersey, and it seems a lot more heavy duty. Probably wear it when I play puck outside. I doubt I'll ever even wash the Lightning jersey after these horror stories haha, probably just wear it at my apartment on gamedays and to class

mav23.gif

Cheap, unfortunately. The old Koho/CCM were leaps and bounds ahead (in terms of quality and jersey life). I have three Flyers jerseys (home/road/alt, home being the first I bought) and after just ONE run in the washer/dryer (following the directions on the tag) the logo got all ****ed up. The thread around part of the logo frayed and a bit of the logo peeled away from the jersey. I remember I used to be able to wash the old Koho/CCM ragged, yet not "ragged." I'd wash them cold, warm, hot, whatever, and never had any problem with running colors, fraying threads, peeling logos/numbers or anything. And I used to own a variety of teams back during the old Koho/CCM. Sharks, Wild, Coyotes, All Star (from Colorado), Flyers, Flames. They ALL held up wash after wash. Now I'm actually afraid to wash my jerseys. I have yet to wash the alternate and have only washed the white one once. I know some could argue that "you get what you pay for," but these ****ing things are more expensive than the old replicas and 10 times worse.

I had this happen to my Home Bruins jersey, and actually had to superglue part of the logo because the peeling would just get 100X worse if I just left it. The wash also roughed the shoulder patch image since it's screen printed. Because of this I didn't wash my Edge jerseys for awhile, but my away Bruins jersey didn't hide the fact I wasn't washing it as good as my home and third.

So I washed it on delicate, and hung dry the jersey, and it worked great. It even works on my damaged home jersey. It is a lot more work than the older jerseys, and the fact the tag doesn't specify delicate wash/hang dry only. You would think they'd be more durable considering how much they are, or at least get the cleaning instructions right.

Additionally, I don't wear jerseys so I'm not certain about this, but I'd suspect that dry cleaning would be the way to go with these. The edge replicas do seem really thin and cheaply made to me. I'm not sure how the screened-on-twill numbers / patches could possibly hold their color well during a wash, especially on hot. The only jerseys I own ('80s Penguins full-poly (not mesh or air-knit), early '90s Flyers (full wide mesh holes!), mid-'90s Flyers (air-knit Orange)) are all better quality than the edge replicas.

If I were to rank replicas, I'd put NFL replicas number 1, MLB #2 (though they now have the same issues with screened-on-twill), NHL #3, and NBA (non swingman) #4. NBA Swingman would probably be #3, with NHL moving to 4.

[Mod Redacted - Watch the personal attacks - XOX, Lee.]

I had this happen to my Home Bruins jersey, and actually had to superglue part of the logo because the peeling would just get 100X worse if I just left it. The wash also roughed the shoulder patch image since it's screen printed. Because of this I didn't wash my Edge jerseys for awhile, but my away Bruins jersey didn't hide the fact I wasn't washing it as good as my home and third.

So I washed it on delicate, and hung dry the jersey, and it worked great. It even works on my damaged home jersey. It is a lot more work than the older jerseys, and the fact the tag doesn't specify delicate wash/hang dry only. You would think they'd be more durable considering how much they are, or at least get the cleaning instructions right.

Well, I'd think you couldn't hang dry the jersey, since the tag says "Do not air dry", but that is still interesting.

mav23.gif

Well, I'd think you couldn't hang dry the jersey, since the tag says "Do not air dry", but that is still interesting.

Does it? I've never dried them before, because I noticed the damage on my home jersey after the wash, fearing further damage from what the heat would do to the glue, I never put it in the dryer. Anyways it worked for me (besides collecting lint), I'm not sure what air drying would do to hurt it. But if you're concerned about it, I'd probably just put it in the dryer on delicate too, maybe take it out in half the time.

On topic: searched google for the care instructions for the edge replicas, and got a bunch of results that said "DO NOT Dry Clean". Wasn't able to find anything on the actual sites that the results linked to though, so I'm not sure if that's a valid direction or not. I'm going to be out at a pro-shop today, so I could ask someone there what the best way to care for these things is.

Well, since it says right on the jersey's tag, "DO NOT DRY CLEAN", yes, I believe the bunch of results that you got saying, "DO NO Dry Clean", is a valid direction.

I have a few of the new jerseys, and while no, I definitely don't like them as much as the old CCM's, as long as everything is sewn, tackle twill, they're not horrible overall. But, if you end up getting one of the screen-printed, pieces of chit that NHL.com sells, then yes, they're trash. I learned that lesson once, without getting a refund from them, and now I strictly go to independent shops that guarantee you're getting quality customization.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

I'm not sure if you've realized this but the font on that Lightning jersey is wrong. Tampa's alt. has white numbers outlined in silver then outlined in black.

Wow, so I bought a fake or what?

not necessarly, but it's a good possiblity. How much did you pay for the jersey and where was it shipped from. If you go to the NHL shop and search for your jersey you will can see what Spartacat sees. I try to avoid eBay for edges due t o the surplus in fakes.

I'm not sure if you've realized this but the font on that Lightning jersey is wrong. Tampa's alt. has white numbers outlined in silver then outlined in black.

not necessarly, but it's a good possiblity. How much did you pay for the jersey and where was it shipped from. If you go to the NHL shop and search for your jersey you will can see what Spartacat sees. I try to avoid eBay for edges due t o the surplus in fakes.

The jersey was shipped from New York, but it took like 4 or 5 days from the time I ordered it for it to ship from there, so I suspect he may have secretly gotten it from China or a foreign country in that time. I might just be paranoid. And it's not an Edge, it's one of the Premier replica jerseys.

mav23.gif

The jersey was shipped from New York, but it took like 4 or 5 days from the time I ordered it for it to ship from there, so I suspect he may have secretly gotten it from China or a foreign country in that time. I might just be paranoid. And it's not an Edge, it's one of the Premier replica jerseys.

The numbers should be black, silver, white (from outside to inside):

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3181032&cp=3253878&clickid=body_bestsell_img

As for my two cents, I love the Edge jerseys but hate the premier replicas. Someone else said it, but I LOVE the feel of the Edge jerseys because of that softness, similar to how the Starters used to be. I have not and will not buy a "premier" replica due to the numbers and the ROI (more $ than CCM/Koho for a lesser quality product). Plus, the crappy shoulder patches REALLY bother me.

Rob

Archived