NBA Season Thread

Gary

I could give you Randy Rigby's (Jazz Pres.) email address if you'd like. thicon_wink.gif

Yea, just send it to me via PM.

As for the station, I believe that's the sports talk show on the local NBC (KSL) station.

On the bright side, they're just not finishing. It's not like they're behind from start to finish. Like I said in another thread, I believe that they're a good (or 2 decent) defenders away from being right up there with the Lakers, etc. If only management knew.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could give you Randy Rigby's (Jazz Pres.) email address if you'd like. thicon_wink.gif

Yea, just send it to me via PM.

As for the station, I believe that's the sports talk show on the local NBC (KSL) station.

On the bright side, they're just not finishing. It's not like they're behind from start to finish. Like I said in another thread, I believe that they're a good (or 2 decent) defenders away from being right up there with the Lakers, etc. If only management knew.

But two decent defenders isn?t something the Jazz can accomplish to get this season or maybe even next! You know how the Jazz FO handles things. thicon_wink.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Jersey Pride!!

Nets last winless team, only lost by 28 tonight. After allow the Nuggets to score 44 in the 3rd Quarter.

Keep up the good work boys.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sam Smith is convinced that LeBron will end up with the.......LAKERS???

The reason why I put Sam Smith in there is because...quite frankly, Sam Smith has been known to make up a whole lot of :censored: and pass it off as fact. So yeah, take this with the biggest grain of salt that you can possibly find.

That being said, obviously the only way that this could possibly be done is through a trade, and it'd be a trade that basically forces LBJ & Kobe to play 2-on-5...which could probably beat 90% of the NBA. :P But seriously, it would be fascinating to see Kobe & LeBron playing on the same team outside of the Olympics and/or World Championships. Very interesting prospect, but I highly doubt that this is gonna happen.

The Cavs lost their 2nd home game of the season...which already matches the total that they lost last year. Needless to say, the Cavs are kinda off to a slow start for their standards.

The Cavs lost their 2nd home game of the season...which already matches the total that they lost last year. Needless to say, the Cavs are kinda off to a slow start for their standards.

Ahhhhh. So nice to see Lebron losing this early in the season. Unfortunately, his walking is also in full swing. He travels more during the game then the plane does to their next road game. Oh wait, nevermind, thats just the 'Crab Dribble'

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Sam Smith is convinced that LeBron will end up with the.......LAKERS???

The reason why I put Sam Smith in there is because...quite frankly, Sam Smith has been known to make up a whole lot of :censored: and pass it off as fact. So yeah, take this with the biggest grain of salt that you can possibly find.

That being said, obviously the only way that this could possibly be done is through a trade, and it'd be a trade that basically forces LBJ & Kobe to play 2-on-5...which could probably beat 90% of the NBA. :P But seriously, it would be fascinating to see Kobe & LeBron playing on the same team outside of the Olympics and/or World Championships. Very interesting prospect, but I highly doubt that this is gonna happen.

That would make the Lakers the NBA version of the New York Yankees. I don't think the NBA wants that.

Eh, LeBron will rarely ever be called for traveling, especially with the new rule that adds a step.

However, I was completely shocked when LeBron didn't get the call on his end-of-game drive. The main reason I was shocked is because the Cavs have won more than a few close games using that method, & that's basically how they beat the Hawks in Atlanta during the regular season last year: LeBron drives, initiates contact, Horford goes up, and Horford is called for a blocking foul. LeBron makes 2 freethrows with less than a second left, Cavs win. Kinda crazy to see the same exact play turn into a no call a season later, especially IN Cleveland.

Can't take anything away from the Bulls, though. Even though looking at the box score I'm mystified as to how they won this particular game, they still won it. They're quickly turning into a young team that can grind out wins when needed. Still not top tier, but they're still potentially a very good team.

Eh, LeBron will rarely ever be called for traveling, especially with the new rule that adds a step.

However, I was completely shocked when LeBron didn't get the call on his end-of-game drive. The main reason I was shocked is because the Cavs have won more than a few close games using that method, & that's basically how they beat the Hawks in Atlanta during the regular season last year: LeBron drives, initiates contact, Horford goes up, and Horford is called for a blocking foul. LeBron makes 2 freethrows with less than a second left, Cavs win. Kinda crazy to see the same exact play turn into a no call a season later, especially IN Cleveland.

Can't take anything away from the Bulls, though. Even though looking at the box score I'm mystified as to how they won this particular game, they still won it. They're quickly turning into a young team that can grind out wins when needed. Still not top tier, but they're still potentially a very good team.

Fun fact, the Bulls, by average player age, are younger than the cavs. Riddle me that, batman

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Fun fact, the Bulls, by average player age, are younger than the cavs. Riddle me that, batman

lol, throwing in the young part was kinda redundant. Still, point remains: Bulls are getting tough now.

I'm sorry, but I've listened to people say that the Bulls have been "getting tough" for six years and it's getting kind of annoying. Until this thing is torn down and built back up all over again, they're perpetually going to be Good Kids From Good Programs Who Just Might Catch You Off Guard If They Try Really Hard And Make All Their Jumpers, and that's never going to be good enough in this league. When Derrick Rose wins the seventh title, he won't be doing it with any help from the likes of Joakim Noah and John Salmons, and most certainly not Vinny Del Negro.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm sorry, but I've listened to people say that the Bulls have been "getting tough" for six years and it's getting kind of annoying. Until this thing is torn down and built back up all over again, they're perpetually going to be Good Kids From Good Programs Who Just Might Catch You Off Guard If They Try Really Hard And Make All Their Jumpers, and that's never going to be good enough in this league. When Derrick Rose wins the seventh title, he won't be doing it with any help from the likes of Joakim Noah and John Salmons, and most certainly not Vinny Del Negro.

I would have to agree to some extent. Noah, I like....for his effort. If John Salmons or Tyrus cared one percent as much as noah did, they would be worth something. unfortunately, salmons just wants to see his name on a stat sheet and thomas just wants to see his highlights on sportscenter. Hey Tyrus, you cant fly!

sigpurp.png

I would have to agree to some extent.

What don't you agree with?

Noah, I like....for his effort.

This is what I'm talking about. Effort's not enough and it's never going to be enough.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I would have to agree to some extent.

What don't you agree with?

I dont agree with your assessment of Noah. Sure, effort isnt enough, but he is playing very well lately. 10 points and 15 boards a game, and a strong defensive presence is fine production to me

sigpurp.png

In related, and possibly great news, Tyrus Thomas is out for 4-6 weeks with a broken forearm from a weightlifting accident.

Crazy timing, the rise of Taj shall continue

Linkage

sigpurp.png

Allen Iverson has taken a leave of absence from the Grizzlies for personal reasons, but insiders are speculatiing that it's because he's unhappy with being a reserve.

More than likely, this is the end of the road for A.I. Nobody else wants him, and quite frankly, if your name is Allen Iverson and you can't start for the 2009-10 Memphis Grizzlies, then it's time to hang em up.

You know how to use PM's? Or were you just joking? To be paying what could be the most in franchise history for a half-@$$ed hearted effort is ludicrous!

Archived