NBA Season Thread

Gary

LeBron puts Cavs past Jazz...but only by 4. This is a loss that I can't be ashamed of for the Jazz; they tried this time. I'm beginning to feel that intensity they brought in the 2007-08 season again. Should be good times ahead for Utah.

So it looks like LeBron is pulling a Kobe, changing his number despite being on the same team, huh? :huh:

Well, then again, he may be heading to the Big Apple or Jersey on 2010.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good riddance to Raja Bell. He absolutely destroyed the Hawks when they went to Charlotte. Now they won't have to see him as much, because he's gonna be kinda scary in Nellie's system. Same with Radmanovic...a big guy that's a nice shooter, playing for Nelson will be like heaven for him.

As for SJax, that's gonna be culture shock for that guy, and I bet he's probably just a tad miffed that he didn't get traded to a contender, but it's early...maybe the Bobcats will go on a run now that they have a player of Jackson's caliber? I doubt it, and I hope not, but crazier things have happened. Decent trade overall, even though there's a sneaking suspicion that this could just be a pitstop for Jackson in his journey to play for a contender this season.

Sigh......hope this isn't another one of MJ's trade flops...

Say, whatever happened to the possibility of MJ and Bryon Russell playing a One-on-One game? I know the Utah Flash owner wanted them to do it as a halftime show but has MJ responded?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Look at how desperate the Nets have become! There’s got to be a lockout or something in the foreseeable future because owners are losing their thcensored.gif!

Nets Lower Bowl Tickets $10

The Nets can't give away even the most expensive tickets, but this isn't new information, so nobody should be surprised by this. Terrible team, few fans, and an arena that is a :censored: to get to are all factors in the low attendance figures, with the third reason being why I can't go to many games myself.

Word on the street (well, not really on the street since Donnie Walsh confirmed it) is that the Knicks are going to look into signing Allen Iverson. If so, that'd be a perfect fit. Allen Iverson in D'Antoni's system is like a match made in heaven. A.I. doesn't play defense, D'Antoni doesn't coach it. Perfect fit, plus what do the Knicks have to lose? They only have 1 win at this point, so it's not like it'd hurt to bring him in.

Also, the Hawks got their first legit home challenge of the season as the hot Blazers came in and basically owned the Hawks for 3 quarters, getting leads upwards of 12+ and owning a 9 point lead at the end of the 4th. They'd end up needing Rudy Fernandez to hit his 2nd buzzer beater of the night to force OT. Fernandez would hit another one at the OT buzzer...which cut the Hawks total of victory to 4. So yeah, Rudy Fernandez hit 3 buzzer beaters (1st, 4th, OT) for the Blazers and they lost. When has that ever happened?

That being said, the Hawks definitely met that challenge. That's a game that the Hawks probably would've lost last year...yet they stayed resilient, played tough in the 4th quarter like they usually do, and grinded out the win. The first 3 quarters of this game had me thinking that the Hawks were taking a night off, then that 4th quarter and OT made me think twice about it. Great win for the team.

The Hawks have got a pretty good looking team down in Hotlanta. They have a lot to build upon, and are somewhat deep and young. I would not be surprised to see them possibly make some noise this year. Johnson, Bibby, Horford, Smith, Crawford, thats a good setup they got there

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Look at how desperate the Nets have become! There?s got to be a lockout or something in the foreseeable future because owners are losing their thcensored.gif!

Nets Lower Bowl Tickets $10

The only thing that can save the Nets is to abandon this Brooklyn :censored:, and move to Newark.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tank has the right idea. It befuddles me as to why and how the Nets haven't moved to the Rock yet. I guess I'll wait to hear from someone who knows about it to clarify, but they should seriously think about going to Newark.

EDIT: If wikipedia is to be believed, the Nets will be moving there on a trial basis for the next 2 seasons with the hopes of permanently moving there and using The Rock as a sporting venue and the Izod as a concert/family show venue.

How does moving to Newark make the Nets stop being bad at everything? From what I can tell, it's just a really ill organization. Besides, look at the thread where we were discussing the Devils: they're overcharging for their lower-bowl seats and luxury boxes in a time when the team isn't terribly popular and reduced disposable income isn't going toward sporting events. What is the Nets' problem right now (besides being the worst team in the league)? They're overcharging for their lower-bowl seats and luxury boxes in a time when the team isn't terribly popular and reduced disposable income isn't going toward sporting events. A barn in Jersey's a barn in Jersey, guys; if the Nets continue to be uninterested in ever fielding a decent team again if they ever even did, it won't matter if they're stinking up the joint in Newark or the Meadowlands. People just aren't gonna go if the team's this bad. They'll go if LeBron comes to town. Newark is not the town to which LeBron is coming. I'm not convinced this move would be a panacea for the Nets' problems, or any problems anywhere, really.

I want to say that this sentimental attachment to Newark makes Tank the board's answer to Philip Roth, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable imagining a Tank-penned edition of Portnoy's Complaint. Or maybe it'd just be a literal list of complaints. About Omar Minaya.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just on the whole Barclays center thing, if the Nets don't move in there, is that project dead in the water? Would someone else be tempted to move in? A relocation or an expansion team? Another sport?

To me it seems like the Brooklyn name would be a great temptation to move a franchise in there.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'd imagine they'd make a more serious play at the Islanders for the Barclays Center or just abandon it if the Nets weren't coming. The cost of the development surely means its not worth doing without a regular tenant from one of the two indoor major leagues? You can't afford a Sprint Center situation like in KC.

Common sense would be to tempt the Islanders regardless, but their owner does seem stubborn.

liverpool-1.png

I think the whole Barclays thing was sort of predicated on transforming the Nets into a true top-flight New York team, with Jay-Z bringing in LeBron James so they can be bigger than the Knicks. I doubt they settle for the Islanders alone, though they'd be a perfectly sensible second tenant. One could argue that both dilemmas you mentioned could be remedied by moving the Nets to Kansas City, but that's not fair to Kansas City.

I like that New York has a whole B-list of sports teams that are in some way known for being inferior or mismanaged. Keeps 'em grounded.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The problem with Brooklyn is the project is so expensive, there are so many lawsuits, and so many people against it. The Brooklyn issue is what makes the orginization so bad. If it was eleminated they can focuss on building a team in a great arena in Newark. The Prudential Center is dying for a NBA team it would be a boom to the city and the team, and you can move forward, and that is the only way to turn this mess around.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That being said, the Hawks definitely met that challenge. That's a game that the Hawks probably would've lost last year...yet they stayed resilient, played tough in the 4th quarter like they usually do, and grinded out the win. The first 3 quarters of this game had me thinking that the Hawks were taking a night off, then that 4th quarter and OT made me think twice about it. Great win for the team.

This is really a breath of fresh air for me. Who would have though the Hawks and Suns would have the two best records in the league at this point! I could get really used to the idea of the Hawks being a contender in the East. ^_^

The problem with Brooklyn is the project is so expensive, there are so many lawsuits, and so many people against it.

But why be against the Nets moving to Brooklyn? I would think it would help the city. thdontknow.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

This is really a breath of fresh air for me. Who would have though the Hawks and Suns would have the two best records in the league at this point! I could get really used to the idea of the Hawks being a contender in the East. ^_^

I'm glad the Hawks are doing so well. The Suns also; they're probably my #2 team behind Utah, but either way, at least it isn't the Lakers...

The problem with Brooklyn is the project is so expensive, there are so many lawsuits, and so many people against it.

But why be against the Nets moving to Brooklyn? I would think it would help the city. thdontknow.gif

You could also argue that having the Nets in Newark would be a boon to that city. On the other hand, though, it'd be nice to see Brooklyn get a major-league team of its own, since that one baseball team left for Southern California in '57 (I believe).

Archived