NBA Season Thread

Gary

Congrats to the Nets for equaling the record for the worst start ever, I know its not official yet but if they beat the Lakers Sunday I may die from shock.

Not only that when they come home, they play the Mavs on Wednesday so 0-18 is very likely.

Dear God dose my basketball team suck.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nets are going to at least go 0-18. No way in hell are they gonna beat the Lakers in LA. I guarantee you that Kobe's gonna have that team on upset alert for real, because the Nets are probably going to play that game like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Not gonna help, but either way that game will be interesting to watch.

As for the Wolves...what the :censored: happened there?! I know that Clark Kent is probably happy as hell that the Nets are closing in on the league record, because almost everybody's forgotten about the Wolves and their suckitude. At least they have the excuse of a rookie coach and a just-as-inexperienced core. The Nets are just ass.

As for the Wolves...what the :censored: happened there?! I know that Clark Kent is probably happy as hell that the Nets are closing in on the league record, because almost everybody's forgotten about the Wolves and their suckitude. At least they have the excuse of a rookie coach and a just-as-inexperienced core. The Nets are just ass.

We could have easily be talking about the Wolves and not the Nets for being winless. Maybe we need to circle December 23rd on our calendars as the Nets and Wolves play each other because somebody has to win that game.

I saw, I came, I left.

The Nets have fired head coach Lawrence Frank. No word yet on who will take over.

I liked Frank, and hope he can get another head coaching job soon. The team was gutted of its talent, and as a result is terrible (duh). Yeah 0-16 isn't acceptable at all, but there was no way that anybody who was coaching this team would even be close to a .500 record. When he had the players, they played hard for him so maybe a good team looking to make that jump into a legit contender will take Frank.

EDIT - Assistant coach Tom Barrise will take over the head coaching duties.

Quite frankly (no pun intended), I'm suprised dude lasted as long as he did. He always seemed to be over his skis, so to speak, with his Opie Taylor/Richie Cunningham looking ass.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Quite frankly (no pun intended), I'm suprised dude lasted as long as he did. He always seemed to be over his skis, so to speak, with his Opie Taylor/Richie Cunningham looking ass.

Just because he looked like Opie, does not mean he did not know what blackmail was.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Nets are going to at least go 0-18. No way in hell are they gonna beat the Lakers in LA. I guarantee you that Kobe's gonna have that team on upset alert for real, because the Nets are probably going to play that game like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Not gonna help, but either way that game will be interesting to watch.

Looks like Kobe got his point across.

The Nets are down 25 at halftime.

Looks like Kobe got his point across.

The Nets are down 25 at halftime.

Nets had absolutely no chance in this one, aside from the the fact that they're playing the defending world champs at their place. They fired their coach in the midst of a road trip, and did it on game day. I mean, they didn't know who the head coach would be until about noon over in LA. That's basically forfeiting a game.

ESPN already has them on watch for possibly being the worst team in NBA history.

I don't think Frank's a bad coach at all. I think he overachieved with what he was given for a while there. Look at the glaring paucity of talent on this squad. You can't pin this on him.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Look at the glaring paucity of results. Pin it on his ass for sure. "Overachiever" doesn't necessarily mean good.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived