NBA Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's official. Greg Oden is Sam Bowie. So, does this mean Kevin Durant is going to turn into Michael Jordan? :)

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 NBA Champion: Oklahoma City Thunder!

Fixed. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

It's official. Greg Oden is Sam Bowie. So, does this mean Kevin Durant is going to turn into Michael Jordan? :)

I think its official that Oden is worse than Sam Bowie!

Portland was extremely lucky to get their hands on Oden to begin with. IIRC, the Blazers had somewhere around a 5% chance of snagging the #1 pick that year.

It's too bad what's going on with Oden, but in the longrun they shouldn't be too lost without him. Brandon Roy is the guy you wanna build a team around anyways.

6uXNWAo.png

I think it?s official that Oden is worse than Sam Bowie!

Portland was extremely lucky to get their hands on Oden to begin with. IIRC, the Blazers had somewhere around a 5% chance of snagging the #1 pick that year.

It's too bad what's going on with Oden, but in the longrun they shouldn't be too lost without him. Brandon Roy is the guy you wanna build a team around anyways.

I agree, but you have to admit, two #1 draft pick centers gone sour.....OUCH!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

.... well, they had one that worked out, Bill Walton, but he also had injury troubles.

I saw, I came, I left.

.... well, they had one that worked out, Bill Walton, but he also had injury troubles.

Think if they had Roy and Durant... Kinda like the T-Wolves having Roy and Mayo... Oh well.

I don't see the Suns getting to the Finals if they can't beat the Lakers in the regular season.

I don't see the Lakers not repeating. They are scary good. I was enjoying the NBA package my dad buys every year, and the Suns played pretty good last night. The Lakers are just unbelievable

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

People were saying similar things about the Celtics last year.

Remember when the C's started last season at 27-2? Probably not, because when KG went down with the knee, their chance to repeat went down with him...they didn't even make it out of the second round.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

People were saying similar things about the Celtics last year.

Remember when the C's started last season at 27-2? Probably not, because when KG went down with the knee, their chance to repeat went down with him...they didn't even make it out of the second round.

Right. Unless Kobe, Pau, Artest, or Bynum go down with a season ending injury, i see them repeating. they only got better this year. they lost ariza.....for the best defender in the NBA IMO (Artest)

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

John Salmons is absolutely retarded. Down by 1 with 19 (i think) seconds left with the ball. Derrick Rose is RED HOT, scored like the last 10 points for the bulls. they cant find him off the in bounds pass. so, like any normal person would assume, rose would end up with the ball by way of Noah and Salmons. Instead, Salmons takes a contested, pull-up 3 pointer with 7 SECONDS left on the clock. the bulls had the last shot. all they had to do was give it rose, who could easily drive to the lane, as he had the previous 32432424 possessions.

Just sickening.

lets recap. 7 seconds left. down by 1. takes a 3 pointer.....lulwut

sigpurp.png

I've given up on trying to understand the Bulls. Nothing they do makes any sense. I think it's highly fallacious when college basketball partisans accuse the NBA of being "just a bunch of guys running around like they're playing on the street," but that's kinda what the Bulls are, and it shows: they've lost eight of nine, and they lost to the Nets at home. They lost to the Nets at home!

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE NETS THIS TIME

I don't understand why people still go to Bulls games, or who these people are. After sucking a Rick Mahorn-sized ass for 48 minutes against the most comically bad franchise in the league, right on the heels of a 32-point home loss coupled with the shoelace incident, the crowd was just like, "Well, there's that, I guess, at least we got to see those guys play the bucket drums at halftime," and went out. And yet, they keep filling the UC every night. What a large, yet strangely apathetic fan base. I now understand why they shoot off those confetti cannons after every home victory - if they didn't, the majority in attendance probably wouldn't know the Bulls had won.

To provide a contrast, if a Bears offensive lineman makes 2 or more false starts in a game, there's 30,000 guys working up their finest vitriol for the postgame call-in, with at least an equal amount sharpening pitchforks and/or readying torches.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's really pretty sad the way the Chicago Bulls have dwindled from the biggest sports team on the planet to a go-for-the-bronze shoestring operation. It's just one sensory-overload entertainment option among many, except that this one has a basketball game going on sporadically. The organization doesn't demand greatness, most fans don't either. Apparently even 1998 has become so distant that nobody can remember what it's like to have sustained excellence in the backyard, because an ad campaign built around losing to a shorthanded team in the first round has led to unforeseen success in ratings and turnstiles. I could ask "were the glory years so glorious that we can't ask for more?", but then why hadn't Lakers and Celtics fans been similarly complacent with their teams' periods of mediocrity? Crunch the numbers and it's baffling. Bulls games aren't cheap. They regularly average in excess of 100% attendance every year. They're already at 100.3 for this year last I saw and they're bad. How can every game average standing room only, but they can't afford to trade for legitimate players? If the money's coming in, where is it going?

EDIT: obviously there are tons of passionate Bulls fans who are having fits over this string of humilations, but they're a drop in the bucket compared to the legions upon legions of torch-wielding Fire Lovie/Angelo/Piniella/Hendry mobs who wouldn't even shut up in the middle of good seasons. "Okay so yeah they're going to the NFC championship game but I tell ya I just don't know, I just don't know!"

shoestring operation

teehee

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

To be honest, I didnt expect much going into the season. they lost 20+ points in gordon, which im okay with, but to me, they are just waiting for the offseason. I have a feeling they are gonna trade hinirch, to free up some $$$. he plays great, and everyone loves him, but he gets paid too much to come off the bench. then, we can welcome Bosh/Wade into the city. :P

sigpurp.png

Yeah, when the Heat come to town. The offense can't run through Wade and Rose. They're not getting Wade, and I doubt they'll spend big on Bosh. They gotta add a big piece, though; if 21,000 schmucks a night keep watching this crappy team, they have to have the wherewithal. If Reinsdorf cries poor this summer while continuing to spend on the White Sox and possibly buying the Phoenix Coyotes, I'm going new team shopping.

Archived