NBA Season Thread

Gary

Yeah, see, that Jazz team ultimately made the Finals and took the Jordan Bulls to 6. Vinny got clowned by a lottery team. At home.

True, I don't see Sacramento making the Finals.....well EVER! thicon_lol.gif

And just for clarification, it was the ?96-?97 Jazz that went to the Finals for the first time even though they were pretty much the same squad.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did the Bulls respond to losing at home to the chucklehouse Nets? Went on the road the next night and lost by 35 to the Hawks.

How are the Bulls responding to blowing a 35-point lead at home to the irrelevant Kings? On the road the next night, losing 53-31 to the Knicks at the half. Jeee-eee-eee-zus.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

How did the Bulls respond to losing at home to the chucklehouse Nets? Went on the road the next night and lost by 35 to the Hawks.

How are the Bulls responding to blowing a 35-point lead at home to the irrelevant Kings? On the road the next night, losing 53-31 to the Knicks at the half. Jeee-eee-eee-zus.

Maybe it is time for Mr. Feathered Hair to hit the showers!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I'm sorry, blowing a 35 point lead when you've already established you aren't any good at coaching is quite the fireable offense.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Though at some point, you have to consider that if he wasn't fired for

1. numerous double-digit losses
  2. letting Jarrett Jack tie his shoe while he has the ball
  3. losing to the miserable winless Nets
  4. blowing a 35-point lead in the third quarter to a bad team
  5. anything else from this year that I forgot

what IS it going to take?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And you know what else I hate? That stupid 100-point Big Mac crap. That's like all anybody cares about at games! The crowd gets louder for passing 100 than anything else just so they can get a free Big Mac, and they get really upset when the Bulls don't. Do you know how much you (or someone else) paid to go watch a crappy Bulls game? Like fifty-seven Big Macs! You pay too much to park your car, you pay too much to drink your beer, you pay too much to watch your game, and you quibble over a free burger? What kind of pennywise poundfoolish horsecrap is that?You really want a free Big Mac, you jerkwad? Here's what you do, it really really works: you go to a McDonald's and say "Bulls scored a hundred gimme a Big Mac." You don't need to show them a box score. You don't even have to prove you were there! They don't care! You know why? Because your dumb ass is probably gonna be reallly thirsty from eating a cheeseburger with salad dressing on it and so you'll order a large Diet Coke, on which the profit margin is so hysterically wide that they can afford to spot you the burger and still come out ahead. Burgers. That's all anyone cares about. God forbid Vinny Del Asshat is replaced by someone whose coaching philosophy is deeper than "run around and shoot a lot" and they only average like 95 a game. Then what. This team. I love the Bulls. I hate the Bulls. I love the Bulls. I hate the Bulls.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And you know what else I hate? That stupid 100-point Big Mac crap. That's like all anybody cares about at games! The crowd gets louder for passing 100 than anything else just so they can get a free Big Mac, and they get really upset when the Bulls don't. Do you know how much you (or someone else) paid to go watch a crappy Bulls game? Like fifty-seven Big Macs! You pay too much to park your car, you pay too much to drink your beer, you pay too much to watch your game, and you quibble over a free burger? What kind of pennywise poundfoolish horsecrap is that?You really want a free Big Mac, you jerkwad? Here's what you do, it really really works: you go to a McDonald's and say "Bulls scored a hundred gimme a Big Mac." You don't need to show them a box score. You don't even have to prove you were there! They don't care! You know why? Because your dumb ass is probably gonna be reallly thirsty from eating a cheeseburger with salad dressing on it and so you'll order a large Diet Coke, on which the profit margin is so hysterically wide that they can afford to spot you the burger and still come out ahead. Burgers. That's all anyone cares about. God forbid Vinny Del Asshat is replaced by someone whose coaching philosophy is deeper than "run around and shoot a lot" and they only average like 95 a game. Then what. This team. I love the Bulls. I hate the Bulls. I love the Bulls. I hate the Bulls.

Last year, the bulls were sitting at 99 and were up by like 5, when Hinrich got a rebound with 5 seconds left. He didnt take a last second shot, because that would be called "rubbing it in." The fans booed him off the court because they couldnt get their big mac.

And from now in, he is now Vinny Del Asshat. I like your name better

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Can someone tell me how JR Smith managed to nail TEN 3's en route to scoring 41 points...off the bench???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Can someone tell me how JR Smith managed to nail TEN 3's en route to scoring 41 points...off the bench???

#1: JR Smith, when hot, is probably one of the best shooters in the NBA, if not the best. He's very streaky, but when he gets hot, he gets hotter than the sun at times. I was hoping that it wouldn't happen against the Hawks, but I guess that's what happens when...

#2: ...JR Smith was not doubled. This is probably my only complaint with Woodson this season: He NEVER calls for a double team on ANYBODY. That could've been Kobe hitting 10 3s & Woodson probably would've still had Smith being d'd up one-on-one. Plus:

#3: JR Smith was left open most of the time. Another thing that I dislike about the Hawks' D at times: They have a weird knack for leaving the hot shooter on a team wide open. They did it a few weeks ago when they were playing the Hornets & let Peja Stojakic hit like 7 or 8 threes & had no intentions of guarding him. So yeah, JR didn't have much resistance on his way to 41 points.

Those 3 factors led to him having a huge night.

#1: JR Smith, when hot, is probably one of the best shooters in the NBA, if not the best. He's very streaky, but when he gets hot, he gets hotter than the sun at times. I was hoping that it wouldn't happen against the Hawks, but I guess that's what happens when...

#2: ...JR Smith was not doubled. This is probably my only complaint with Woodson this season: He NEVER calls for a double team on ANYBODY. That could've been Kobe hitting 10 3s & Woodson probably would've still had Smith being d'd up one-on-one. Plus:

#3: JR Smith was left open most of the time. Another thing that I dislike about the Hawks' D at times: They have a weird knack for leaving the hot shooter on a team wide open. They did it a few weeks ago when they were playing the Hornets & let Peja Stojakic hit like 7 or 8 threes & had no intentions of guarding him. So yeah, JR didn't have much resistance on his way to 41 points.

Those 3 factors led to him having a huge night.

#4: He shoots every single time he touches the ball

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Looks like the C's are having there annual melt down to the west coast bottom feeders. Losing back to back games to the Clippers and Warriors. I'm calling my shot now. The C's won't finish higher then 3rd in the east this year.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Cleveland makes a FG, and the Hawks get possession as usual.....but the shot clock wasn't reset. There was about 15-17 seconds on the shot clock when the Hawks got the ball, instead of the customary 24.

If the Hawks lose this game, are they able to protest this result to the NBA and have a re-play, like they had a couple years ago with the Heat?

The next time the Hawks play in Cleveland isn't until April 2nd....a Friday night ESPN game. Assuming the Hawks win any protest, I'm sure the fine folks in Bristol would love to get a 2-for-1 deal for this matchup (though, they'd only get a minute or two of this game)....

The next time the Hawks play in Cleveland isn't until April 2nd....a Friday night ESPN game. Assuming the Hawks win any protest, I'm sure the fine folks in Bristol would love to get a 2-for-1 deal for this matchup (though, they'd only get a minute or two of this game)....

I doubt that's going to happen. It's not like the shot clock ran out on them. The Hawks turned the ball over.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived