NBA Season Thread

Gary

The next time the Hawks play in Cleveland isn't until April 2nd....a Friday night ESPN game. Assuming the Hawks win any protest, I'm sure the fine folks in Bristol would love to get a 2-for-1 deal for this matchup (though, they'd only get a minute or two of this game)....

I doubt that's going to happen. It's not like the shot clock ran out on them. The Hawks turned the ball over.

But the shot clock gave the perception that time was running out, and that it forced the Hawks to a hurried play, and in this case, a turnover.

As Flame said, it's one of the ref's duties to check the shot clock on change of possession. The protest may not overturn the result, but it's at least worthy of an explanation.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is off topic but close enough to be mentioned. Does anybody here follow the season and play each game with their favorite team in NBA Live 10? I just got a PS3 for Christmas along with NBA Live 10 and I?m amazed at how realistic the players move and play like their actual self?s. Keep in mind that I haven?t played an NBA Live game since ?06.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

This is off topic but close enough to be mentioned. Does anybody here follow the season and play each game with their favorite team in NBA Live 10? I just got a PS3 for Christmas along with NBA Live 10 and I'm amazed at how realistic the players move and play like their actual self's. Keep in mind that I haven't played an NBA Live game since '06.

The players play more like their real life counterparts in NBA 2K10. The animation sets for all the players are incredible. Most superstars have like 10 dunk animations in the game that are the same dunks they do in real life.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

This is off topic but close enough to be mentioned. Does anybody here follow the season and play each game with their favorite team in NBA Live 10? I just got a PS3 for Christmas along with NBA Live 10 and I'm amazed at how realistic the players move and play like their actual self's. Keep in mind that I haven't played an NBA Live game since '06.

The players play more like their real life counterparts in NBA 2K10. The animation sets for all the players are incredible. Most superstars have like 10 dunk animations in the game that are the same dunks they do in real life.

That maybe so but still, does anybody play NBA Live 10 on the PS3 Network?

Forget LeBron the Knicks need to call the ghost busters or Scooby Doo

New York Knicks say haunted hotel was a problem before loss to Thunder

Somehow, some way, this will be Isiah Thomas' fault.

It's the ghost of a hooker he killed when he stayed there?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Clippers/Grizzlies game in Memphis has been suspended due to a busted water main that caused the fire alarm to go off at the FedEx Forum.

Talk about :censored: that you don't see every day.

^^^

Crazy.

As for another crazy thing...the Rockets and T'Wolves went to 3 Overtimes last night, and the Rockets pulled away. How it got past regulation is incredible, as well. Here' the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnhKhNkF8_A

In what is probably on the leaderboard for the feel good story of the year in the NBA, D-league callup Sundiata Gaines (who was called up on the 5th & today would've been the last day of his 10-day contract) hits a 3-pointer at the buzzer to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers. He didn't even play until the 4th quarter tonight, but he scored 9 points with the last 3 being the biggest (& hopefully getting him another contract :P)

Pretty cool to see this guy once again come through in the clutch, as he did numerous times in UGA's improbable SEC basketball tournament win.

In what is probably on the leaderboard for the feel good story of the year in the NBA, D-league callup Sundiata Gaines (who was called up on the 5th & today would've been the last day of his 10-day contract) hits a 3-pointer at the buzzer to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers. He didn't even play until the 4th quarter tonight, but he scored 9 points with the last 3 being the biggest (& hopefully getting him another contract :P)

Pretty cool to see this guy once again come through in the clutch, as he did numerous times in UGA's improbable SEC basketball tournament win.

I was lucky enough to be at this unbelievable game! I?ve seen a lot of Jazz games in my life when they?ve tried to come back and win it by playing each final position with a foul and shoot contest, but I?ve never seen one pulled out quite like this, especially from a week year old rookie! Jazz fans were ecstatic last night and they actually hung around the arena, at midnight; this hasn?t happened in a very long time!

With 5:16 left in the 3rd, the GSW may finish the game with five players (or even less).

They only dressed eight. Morrow got injured in the first half (down to seven). Chris Hunter just fouled out (down to six). Ellis and Biedrins already have four fouls each.

EDIT: They did run out of players as Curry fouled out in the final seconds, but was forced to stay on the floor. Joey Crawford, who was a game official, told the Warriors TV broadcasters that he never had that occur in his career.

Slam Dunk Contest participants were announced today.

Shannon Brown

Gerald Wallace

Nate Robinson

and Demar Derozan and Eric Gordon will have dunk-in contest at halftime of the rookie sophomore game to see who gets the final spot.

Lebron decided not to do it. That makes sense, he probably doesnt want to get to the finals and miss every dunk. he has a tendency to do things like that

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Nate Robinson is in it again?! I'm more angry about that than I am about LeBron wussing out on his word. So tired of seeing Nate Robinson in the Slam Dunk contest. Anyways, I'm putting my money on Shannon Brown to win it.

Nate Robinson is in it again?! I'm more angry about that than I am about LeBron wussing out on his word. So tired of seeing Nate Robinson in the Slam Dunk contest. Anyways, I'm putting my money on Shannon Brown to win it.

I'm pretty sure hes in it only because he won it last year, pretty much a free ticket in. I imagine his dunks will be based on reminding everyone that he is short. He seems to bring it up every time. We get it already.

Im rooting for Gerald Wallace, he is one of the most underrated players in the NBA (11.5 rebounds per game!!!) It'd be cool to see him get some attention

sigpurp.png

I was lucky enough to be at this unbelievable game! I?ve seen a lot of Jazz games in my life when they?ve tried to come back and win it by playing each final position with a foul and shoot contest, but I?ve never seen one pulled out quite like this, especially from a week year old rookie! Jazz fans were ecstatic last night and they actually hung around the arena, at midnight; this hasn?t happened in a very long time!

This is why the D League is fantastic

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived