My Nfl Concept

V3NOM

Keep all of your updates on one thread, no need to flood the boards with the same sub-par concept.

No need to flood this thread with sub-par contributions and insults.

As for the concept, I like the set with light blue jerseys a lot, all it needs is some white outline around the numerals. Sa,e with the white jerseys, could use some blue outlining.

The red set just doesn't work for me though, not enough blue and it looks like it could be a Patriots uniform. Perhaps a navy blue jersey would work for a third set, with light blue and red accents.

I love the helmet logos and of course, the Oilers colors. The Oilers uniforms were always one of my favorites in all of sports, it's a shame the team ended up moving, only to be replaced by the Texans shortly later. It's an identity that is greatly missed (at least by me) in the NFL.

No need for someone who's only been here a month to tell me how to conduct myself on the boards.

You're acting rather immature Mr. ChuckDownfield, eh? Buster is right, regardless of his time on the boards.

And onto the concept, I think the modern-day colors would work better here, but it's a nice start.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

1. It looks like you're trying to make the "three-stars" thing become their trademark. If that's the case, then I think that the color of the stars needs to be consistent in every application, so that it's more like the "three red star" thing. I would recommend re-working the logos so that the stars are only in red, and then re working the white pants also.

2. The red numbers on blue jersey look OK on the screen, but I'm not sure how good it would look from a distance at a game, or on TV. I'd probably go with borderless white numbers on the blue jersey. Keep the wordmark red, but make the numbers white. That way, when they go monochrome blue, there will be at least a little white to break up the blue and red.

3. Do something a little more creative with the wordmark. I like that it's bigger than the tiny one they have now, but it just looks like plain block letters.

4. Do something with the logos. The flaming thumbtack and T-sword both look really washed out. Not sure how to improve without adding another color, but maybe making the circle of the T-sword white would help. It'd make it consistent with your coloring of the tack too. Also, don't forget to make the stars red.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

thanks guys. it seems like the only major problem is that the numbers need to have an outline which is what you guys are probably gonna say for all of them. while i work on the titans, ima present you guys with the patriots.

l_7695f60c69d3421686e7ee854edac93c.png

l_e28e11dd1de64cc3b68266ed86303032.png

l_d4f2a557d2d34f7da29c128708c719a5.png

THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ME WILL BEGIN TO UNDERSTANDV3NOMsig-1.png

RedSox2-1.pngCeltics-1.pngPatriots2.png

Keep all of your updates on one thread, no need to flood the boards with the same sub-par concept.

As for the concept, I like the set with light blue jerseys a lot, all it needs is some white outline around the numerals. Sa,e with the white jerseys, could use some blue outlining.

The red set just doesn't work for me though, not enough blue and it looks like it could be a Patriots uniform. Perhaps a navy blue jersey would work for a third set, with light blue and red accents.

I love the helmet logos and of course, the Oilers colors. The Oilers uniforms were always one of my favorites in all of sports, it's a shame the team ended up moving, only to be replaced by the Texans shortly later. It's an identity that is greatly missed (at least by me) in the NFL.

No need for someone who's only been here a month to tell me how to conduct myself on the boards.

You're acting rather immature Mr. ChuckDownfield, eh? Buster is right, regardless of his time on the boards.

And onto the concept, I think the modern-day colors would work better here, but it's a nice start.

Thanks. I've actually been a LONG-TIME lurker and reader...just recently signed up to contribute. Been a sports fan for longer than most posters have been alive also.

87Redskins.png

• 3 weeks later...

thanks guys. it seems like the only major problem is that the numbers need to have an outline which is what you guys are probably gonna say for all of them. while i work on the titans, ima present you guys with the patriots.

l_7695f60c69d3421686e7ee854edac93c.png

l_e28e11dd1de64cc3b68266ed86303032.png

l_d4f2a557d2d34f7da29c128708c719a5.png

The numbers need a new font. And navy on red will be illegible.

The helmet kind of looks at a starred version of the Princeton/Michigan wings. I don't think that part of the concept works.

I'm not sure whether to recommend a red helmet/navy jersey/red pants combo or a navy helmet/red jersey/navy pants combo. Regardless, put white at the bottom of the socks, not red.

Packers-2.png

I like the helmet. I did something similar in one of my patriots concepts.

The jerseys and pants are very plain. Considering you've used the stars idea on the helmet, experiment with some American flag themed stripes.

I'm not sure the number font works... try something closer to the calligraphy of the American Revolution, or just a standard block.

He's right, though. The length of time on this board doesn't impact whether the point is valid or not.

I would hope that as a creative forum we could all be civil and supportive to folks no matter where they are in their creative development. Judging by the OP's age, I would gather he hasn't been at this all that long. I would hope that he could come here and post and get constructive criticism along with some degree of encouragment and some ideas of how to progress or rework a concept.

I think that this needs work.

1)These uniforms are way too plain to be an NFL uniform.(ex. there are no TV numbers, and the jersey has no logos or striping)

2)You should chose a different style font, this one doesn't fit in with the rest of the concept.

3) IMO, you should incorporate more white into the uniforms.

e5jlhh.jpg

Archived